Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) (/showthread.php?tid=57764)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- frozenice - 2009-10-08

flxfxp Wrote:does lsusb show the bluetooth dongle? does the command "hciconfig" exist? What does it respond if it does? Also, try rebooting.

lsusb shows:
Quote:xbmc@ubuntu:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0c10:0000
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04d9:1603 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

and
hciconfig says:
Quote:xbmc@ubuntu:~$ hciconfig
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:11:F6:07:E1:9E ACL MTU: 120:20 SCO MTU: 0:0
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:949 acl:0 sco:0 events:25 errors:0
TX bytes:355 acl:0 sco:0 commands:25 errors:0

xbmc@ubuntu:~$

- logictester - 2009-10-08

hi Dennis, i've installed minimal ubuntu 9.04 following the wiki, then run the script it runs for some time and then says install finish click to reboot, but after reboot it just comes up and goes down again then up again and down again - i don't actually see the xbmc, i see the xbmc splash and then it start going crazy like this... any suggestions?

- flxfxp - 2009-10-08

Reinstall, possibly the installation went wrong.
1. boot ubuntu minimal cd
2. set up your partitions
3. set "Basic Ubuntu Server" as installation option (choose OpenSSH Server also if you like to have a remote connection.)
4. set username: xbmc
5. set pass: anything you like
6. reboot
7. login with credentials
8. use the following command: wget http://flx.me/script; chmod +x xbmscript.sh
9. execute xbmscript with: sudo ./xbmscript.sh
10. install xbmc stable, press CTRL+ALT+F1 to return to the script
11. install xbmc svn
12. install ps3 remote software, reboot by typing "reboot" at xbmscript main menu
13. after reboot, press CTRL+ALT+F1 for a shell
14. execute xbmscript with: sudo ./xbmscript.sh
15. Add the remote, reboot

Sorry for completely breaking it down, but this is the exact installation procedure I use to get the latest xbmc with the remote working. This might also help some of the newbies on installation.

- frozenice - 2009-10-08

hmm...

i can try it, but today i have already installed the system three times.

I try, and report Nerd

- ThEgOg - 2009-10-08

hi, firstly thanks for taking the time to develop this its been a great help to a noob like meSmile

i've hit some probs tho, i've installed xbmc stable on my new asrock 330 using the script and set hdmi using option 3.

problem is i've used 1080p dark knight mkv streaming via samba from my windows home server to test it, and it plays but it stutters slightly and there isn't any audio either.

do i also have to install codecs etc? or should the xbmc be enough?

- frozenice - 2009-10-08

wow, unbelievable!

Now i can Scan for Devices and found my BD Remote Control!

Adding the device => successful

But i can't control xbmc with the ps3 remote, no reaction when pressing any key on the remote.

- harryzimm - 2009-10-08

ThEgOg Wrote:hi, firstly thanks for taking the time to develop this its been a great help to a noob like meSmile

i've hit some probs tho, i've installed xbmc stable on my new asrock 330 using the script and set hdmi using option 3.

problem is i've used 1080p dark knight mkv streaming via samba from my windows home server to test it, and it plays but it stutters slightly and there isn't any audio either.

do i also have to install codecs etc? or should the xbmc be enough?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

First, run the script again and install the latest svn ppa build. Second, make sure you have vdpau set as render method in settings/videos/player. Then set audio in settings, system, audio hardware, output device to hdmi

cheers

- flxfxp - 2009-10-09

frozenice Wrote:wow, unbelievable!

Now i can Scan for Devices and found my BD Remote Control!

Adding the device => successful

But i can't control xbmc with the ps3 remote, no reaction when pressing any key on the remote.

Did you reboot? check to make sure the keys are coming through correctly. kill the bluetooth deamon by doing "sudo killall bluetoothd" and start it manually with debug by doing "sudo bluetoothd -nd"

Let me know of the results.

- logictester - 2009-10-09

flxfxp Wrote:Reinstall, possibly the installation went wrong.
1. boot ubuntu minimal cd
2. set up your partitions
3. set "Basic Ubuntu Server" as installation option (choose OpenSSH Server also if you like to have a remote connection.)
4. set username: xbmc
5. set pass: anything you like
6. reboot
7. login with credentials
8. use the following command: wget http://flx.me/script; chmod +x xbmscript.sh
9. execute xbmscript with: sudo ./xbmscript.sh
10. install xbmc stable, press CTRL+ALT+F1 to return to the script
11. install xbmc svn
12. install ps3 remote software, reboot by typing "reboot" at xbmscript main menu
13. after reboot, press CTRL+ALT+F1 for a shell
14. execute xbmscript with: sudo ./xbmscript.sh
15. Add the remote, reboot

Sorry for completely breaking it down, but this is the exact installation procedure I use to get the latest xbmc with the remote working. This might also help some of the newbies on installation.

the script asks about the graphical interface - with minimal install what should be selected?
thanks for the help

Hi Dennis - G500 - 2009-10-09

Hi Dennis it me again the old man having a problem with my sound i do not use the hdim lead for sound only for the pic as i use the 1 x S/PDIF (Optical) in to my bose amp i have network my asrock to my server but when i play a film i get sound from films that are incode in 5.1 but any think in just 2 chanel i get no sound and it will not play any of my music i no it is not my bose as it worked just fine when i first installed xmbc using the live cd install have you got any iders on this one you could help me with all the best m8

- ThEgOg - 2009-10-09

harryzimm, thanks for the weelcome and the advice i'll give it a go when i get in from workSmile

- djon - 2009-10-09

I will receive a new AsRock ION 330 next week and would like to use this script for XBMC on Linux. I would also like Windows 7 to test some other stuff, so I would like a dual boot solution. Can I use this script for the Linux partition?
Should I start with installing Windows or Linux (via this script)?
How will the boot menu be created?

- flxfxp - 2009-10-09

logictester Wrote:the script asks about the graphical interface - with minimal install what should be selected?
thanks for the help

None is needed, you can install one if you like.

- flxfxp - 2009-10-09

djon Wrote:I will receive a new AsRock ION 330 next week and would like to use this script for XBMC on Linux. I would also like Windows 7 to test some other stuff, so I would like a dual boot solution. Can I use this script for the Linux partition?
Should I start with installing Windows or Linux (via this script)?
How will the boot menu be created?
Just install windows 7, but leave room for a ubuntu partition. I would say around 7gb, that should be more then enough. At the partitioner, choose manual partitioning and create a EXT3 partition of 5gb and a swap disc of 2gb. Grub (the bootloader) will also be installed and will automatically add the windows partition to the boot screen.

- flxfxp - 2009-10-09

G500 Wrote:Hi Dennis it me again the old man having a problem with my sound i do not use the hdim lead for sound only for the pic as i use the 1 x S/PDIF (Optical) in to my bose amp i have network my asrock to my server but when i play a film i get sound from films that are incode in 5.1 but any think in just 2 chanel i get no sound and it will not play any of my music i no it is not my bose as it worked just fine when i first installed XBMC using the live cd install have you got any iders on this one you could help me with all the best m8
Have you checked the Settings -> System -> Audio hardware? Is it on Digital? You should also turn downmixing to stereo off.