Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) (/showthread.php?tid=57764)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- X3lectric - 2009-11-10

mat1983 Wrote:hello flxfxp!

when you will updated to Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic?

i buy you not one but two beers Wink

please mate i really appreciate your work

Karmic for sum reason sees a IRQ conflict with the Asrock no other OS sees that so Im not entirely sure if its a great idea to go there just yet. it could be 1 of 2 things

1) Karmic bug
2) Bios bug

I do feel it's 1 but until I troubleshoot and report it. This is shown clearly when u do the minimal ubuntu install and it boots to tty prompt. The message is up on screen when the system is just about loaded.

- flxfxp - 2009-11-10

People, there are still tons of problems concerning Karmic Koala and the latest xbmc release. As mentioned earlier I will not work on it until things get more stable. If you want to go bleeding edge I recommend reading the plethora of tutorials posted on the forum, because I will not be able to help you if anything goes wrong.

- Woody29 - 2009-11-10

I've just done a fresh install of this. Formatted the hdd, installed ubuntu from the cd, installed a basic ubuntu and also open ssh. Then using the script, installed xbmc stable, then xbmc svn as per some previous instructions. No problems with that, now when it reboots, it goes straight into the command line. What i am doing wrong?

- flxfxp - 2009-11-10

did the xbmc-live package install?

- lix4fun - 2009-11-11

Hi,

My first post in this forum :-)

My Asrock ION 330 with Ubuntu 9.04 is running XBMC, - installed with FLX XBMScript.
Very nice script, - XBMC is running fine with HDMI and Xbox remote controle, - but
Now I would like to use XBMC to view TV with MythTV, and I tried this:

1) Downloaded : mythbox-svn-1558.tar
2) Extract mythbox.tar.gz to the following directory: Linux : ~/.xbmc/scripts
3) Launch XBMC
4) Select Scripts from the main menu in XBMC
5) Select MythBox to execute the script
6) You'll be sent straight to the Settings screen.
Fill in all the settings and click on the 'Test Settings'
button until you get a 'Settings OK' message.

This give me missing lib errors.

Any idea how to fix this, and can XBMC installed with XBMscript work with MythTV?

One more thing, - after the Ubuntu install, my system started up in Gnome, but after install XBMC with XBMScript, my system auto start XBMC.
How can I switch back my system to start in gnome?

Many thanks

- Woody29 - 2009-11-11

flxfxp Wrote:did the xbmc-live package install?

Does not seem so. Just tried to install xbmc-live but it does not install saying there are broken packages

- iGudi - 2009-11-11

Woody take a look at how it worked for me - sounds like you're having the same problems as me... (one page back)...

- flxfxp - 2009-11-12

When 9.10 and xbmc get more stable I'm going to revamp the whole script.

Shout out to Cossie for being the 3rd donator!

- FireMan - 2009-11-13

thats odd... Sad

About 2 weeks ago, before purchase the Asrock, I give a try with this script in my desktop. Everything works great.
Today I brought a ASRock and made the same installation. Does not work! I've tried NVIDIA 185 and 190, but after restart the system, XBMC doesn't shows up.
Instead, I get ask to login. The last lines visible before the login show something like:
Code:
splash: setting mode 1024x768 failed" and "init: name_to_dev_t(/dev/disk/by/uid/44083630-361b-4b2f-8ad2-4d5a428 (can't read the end, becouse the HDMI overscan).
init: No resume image, doing normal boot ...
splash: Using mode 800x600

The first and last caracters can be missing, since it is cut of by HDMI over scan.

After the second installation in a roll, I run the option [1] again to change from 185 to 190 NVidia driver. Then I notice an error like:
Code:
Line 303 NVIDIA-XCONFIG
Can’t read /etc/X11/xorg.conf
No such file or directory

What can be wrong? I've tested this script before and know it works!
When installing the minimum Ubuntu, I select the SSH server and Basic Ubuntu Server. Nothing more.
In the 1st system instalation I several options from the script (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). The second I try only the basic (1). Same problem.

Thanks in advance.

- sierradump - 2009-11-13

For those of you trying to install this script after 10/30/2009 --- It WILL NOT WORK.

READ A FEW PAGES BACK TO SEE HOW TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN.

- FireMan - 2009-11-15

sierradump Wrote:Okay where do I get the libass stuff? Seems like I need libass-dev and libass3? Can someone post detailed instructions on how to installHuh

I found the .deb packages, but when I try to install one it complains that it doesn't have the other, and vice versa...

I FOUND A FIX FOR THE NO_PUBKEY error.

1.) sudo apt-key adv --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 64234534

2.) gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv 1DABDBB4CEC06767 && gpg --export --armor 1DABDBB4CEC06767 | sudo apt-key add - && sudo aptitude update

3.) edit the script to use pgp.mit.edu instead of ubuntu key server.

i.e. sudo nano xbmscript.sh

Scroll down to the "adding GPG part and change the server address from keyserver.ubuntu.com to pgp.mit.edu

Hi,

Maybe something is wrong with this key server too, because I've tried this twice today and didn't work as well.

After step 1 and 2 I notice: there is no xbmc binaries. So, it wasn't installed.

Of course, I've change the line 236 from scrpt to:

Code:
apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver pgp.mit.edu 91E7EE5E 318C7509 | tee $mypwd/xbmscriptlogs/xbmscript.log

Is that right?

Thanks.

- X3lectric - 2009-11-15

A few posts back I posted a ton of alternate keyservers that ppl used to come up with their fixes I suggest u read back form page 31 onwards.

- Evin - 2009-11-15

It would be great if someone, who knows what he's doing, can upload a fixed an working script on pastebins.

- X3lectric - 2009-11-15

nothing wrong with the script this topic contains a ton of info how to sort out issues that are related to script, including alternative keyservers and more... just saying its broken its a nonsense statement after flxfxp did all that work on it.

No logs no anything nice one.....

- Evin - 2009-11-15

Sorry, I don't want to say anything bad about flxfxp's work. He did a great job. Smile

But I'm trying to fix my suspend/resume/remote-problems for over 5 weeks and I've done aprox. 20 re-installs of different versions (Xbmc Live, Jaunty, Karmic) and I'm sorry to say but I'm tired of fixing things. :I