Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) (/showthread.php?tid=57764)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- belmarduk - 2009-11-30

I am getting the user permission error as well. I updated the script and now when running it with sudo I get

"This script only works on the user xbmc. exiting..."

I am logged in as xbmc, 9.04 minimal install. I have been using this script for a while and it work great to keep xbmc uptodate.

- Ticko - 2009-11-30

What is wrong?

xbmc@xbmc:~$ sudo ./xbmscript.sh
This script only works on the user xbmc. exiting...
xbmc@xbmc:~$

- flxfxp - 2009-11-30

did you update the script? try again.

- spanik - 2009-11-30

flxfxp Wrote:Thats what is included in the beta for now as well.

Hello flxfxp,

are you talking of a beta script ? what is the url please ? I would definitely give it a go.

cheers

- FireMan - 2009-11-30

Hmmmm... I can confirm this. And the script is up to date.
Just download and test it with:
Code:
wget http://flx.me/script; chmod +x xbmscript.sh; sudo ./xbmscript.sh

Result in:
Code:
Saving to: `xbmscript.sh'

100%[======================================>] 53,320      51.8K/s   in 1.0s

2009-11-30 16:11:01 (51.8 KB/s) - `xbmscript.sh' saved [53320/53320]

xbmc@ASRock:~$

Regards.

- kizer - 2009-11-30

flxfxp

Are you building your new script to support Jaunty or Karmic? I'm assuming since this topic is still "Easy Installation for Ubuntu Janunty Jackalope"

The reason I ask I need to know which to download to try out your new script. Wink

- FireMan - 2009-12-01

Hi everyone,

Is it possible automount any USB device and put it as source, as happens in XBMC Live?
With XBMC Live, for instance, if I plug an USB flash labeled "Kingston", will immediately appear a source called "Kingston" in videos, music and pictures. This is VERY handy!

Thanks in advance.

- themugger - 2009-12-01

FireMan Wrote:Hmmmm... I can confirm this. And the script is up to date.
Just download and test it with:
Code:
wget http://flx.me/script; chmod +x xbmscript.sh; sudo ./xbmscript.sh

Result in:
Code:

100%[======================================>] 53,320      51.8K/s   in 1.0s

2009-11-30 16:11:01 (51.8 KB/s) - `xbmscript.sh' saved [53320/53320]

Regards.

im afraid i am getting this to, i am logged in as xbmc aswell

- FireMan - 2009-12-01

FireMan Wrote:Hi everyone,

Is it possible automount any USB device and put it as source, as happens in XBMC Live?
With XBMC Live, for instance, if I plug an USB flash labeled "Kingston", will immediately appear a source called "Kingston" in videos, music and pictures. This is VERY handy!

Thanks in advance.

According with this tread, the automount I mentioned will works only if xbmc is starte with --standalone

As far I know, the XBMC is started by a script in /etc/init.d
I did try start manual by running /usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone &, but this wll give the "Can't open display" error.

How can I start it with --standalone option?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT

Problem solved:

Code:
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.device.volume

Should be nice add these lines to the script, also the lines needed to make possible shut down, suspend, reboot etc.:

Code:
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown-multiple-sessions

- kizer - 2009-12-02

Thank you Fireman for those sudo commands. Now my new Ion shuts off like its supposed to. Wink

- flxfxp - 2009-12-02

themugger Wrote:im afraid i am getting this to, i am logged in as xbmc aswell

I've removed the xbmc user check in the latest version, please update the script. Or remove the check manually.

- themugger - 2009-12-02

flxfxp Wrote:I've removed the xbmc user check in the latest version, please update the script. Or remove the check manually.

thanks ill give this ago.

- FireMan - 2009-12-02

flxfxp Wrote:I've removed the xbmc user check in the latest version, please update the script. Or remove the check manually.

I remove the check manually and works fine. But, just to report, the updated (12/02/2009) version still giving the same error:

Code:
--2009-12-02 15:34:40--  http://flx.me/script/xbmscript.sh
Reusing existing connection to flx.me:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 53320 (52K) [application/x-sh]

100%[======================================>] 53,320      74.2K/s   in 0.7s

2009-12-02 15:34:41 (74.2 KB/s) - `xbmscript.sh' saved [53320/53320]

Regards,
FireMan.

- flxfxp - 2009-12-03

I know noticed what the problem is. My hosting copied my domain name over to a different box, i've been editing the wrong xbmscript. The bad news is that I can't reach it yet, so you'll have to wait. The good news is that it should be fixed by the end of the week. For now, just manually remove line 12 to 21 Smile

- flxfxp - 2009-12-03

kizer Wrote:flxfxp

Are you building your new script to support Jaunty or Karmic? I'm assuming since this topic is still "Easy Installation for Ubuntu Janunty Jackalope"

The reason I ask I need to know which to download to try out your new script. Wink
The new version shall be coming out soon. Since most of the replies are then irrelevant to that version I shall start a new thread.