Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) (/showthread.php?tid=57764)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- RKMFlorida - 2010-01-04

If I'm reading this correclty, we're supposed to start from the karmic release instead of Jaunty? Is that right?

If so, it may be worth editing the first post and mentioning this there. It might stop a lot of the questions.

As far as donating, I wouldn't mind donating one bit -- it makes perfect sense to me. However, at this point, I haven't been able to get the script to work. That may impede donations somewhat ;-).

- osirisjem - 2010-01-04

I have installed
Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" Minimal CD.
My login is my name (not xbmc/xbmc)
How can I add a user xbmc/xbmc ?
is 9.10 likely to work ... I am a Linux Newbie.
or should i redo the Minimal CD install and go to Jaunty ?

Quote: sudo useradd -d /home/xbmc -m xbmc

sudo passwd xbmc

Would that work ?

I get a xbmc is not in the sudoers file error.
I then used this to give xbmc/xbmc sudoers rights.

Update IT WORKS !! January 03, 2010 22:49 - I was able to use this script on my ASrock 330HT on 9.10 Ubuntu Minimal CD. I am using it on a PC monitor with PC speakers. Will try HDMI LCD TV.

- osirisjem - 2010-01-04

Which settings do I use for the Native Asrock 330HT remote (I dont see it on the list).

- osirisjem - 2010-01-04

X3lectric Wrote:XBMC live install all works perfectly? Even HDMI sound, sensors, mounting of external hdd's and even dvd-drive (do you see a DVD drive on filemanager when you boot with no media in drive e.g. tray empty) If so it must be magic.

The script installs Jaunty/Karmic ok'ish but needs a few tweaks to get it on track, I have resolved some of them on my forums topic (see my signature). Since flxfxp can script this stuff maybe he can take some of my research and integrate it. Well see what comes up.

This guy seems happy
reports an HDMI audio workaround.

evilmike Wrote:To get sound working through HDMI:

1. SSH'ed into the box and created ~/.asoundrc with the following contents:
Code:
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}
}
2. In XBMC, changed the Audio Output settings to:
Audio output = Digital
Audio output device = Custom
Custom output device = hdmi
Passthrough output devide = hdmi
3. Rebooted so that it would pick up the settings (maybe not necessary)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66027

- FireMan - 2010-01-04

osirisjem Wrote:This guy seems happy
reports an HDMI audio workaround.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66027

this is what option 3 from the script does. Cool

Regards.

- RKMFlorida - 2010-01-04

@FireMan - Yes, but the script isn't working? Unless there is now a method to get it working?

I still can't get wake-on-USB working, with the wiki workaround. Is there another alternative for ASROCK/ZOTAC ION systems, to enable Wake-on-USB?

- FireMan - 2010-01-04

Yes, it is working fine since beta1 if you use karmic. This I can guarantee.
osirisjem has reported similar result.
Don't know about Jaunty…

Anyway, you can use the option 3 even with a XBMC Live install. Will put the HDMI audio to work (I did this in 9.04 versions).

Cheers,
FireMan.

- Turrican76 - 2010-01-05

After successfully installing xbmc on my Asrock330 using this wonderful script a few weeks ago i made the mistake trying to update the system using apt-get update/upgrade and install xbmc.

Now the system crashes when playing a video file or listening to music.

The question is: How can I get back my running xbmc system including full hdmi and remote (MC) support?

Should I reinstall using minimal karmic and then use the modified version of the script? Will this help? Or should I use the LIVE CD? Or should I wait until the final 100% version of the script comes out?

Thx for yur help and greetings from Germany! Nod

- iGudi - 2010-01-05

I've use the xbmscript to update to the latest XBMC 9.11, and everything seems to be running nice and smooth beside one thing.
Everytime i stop a movie or tvshow, a studdering sound appears for like 10 secs. If I wait it out or start another movie the sound dissapears...
(I use optical connection)

I havent update the xbmscript lately, but would you recommend me doing this and afterwards run a new update with latest svn?

- osirisjem - 2010-01-06

RKMFlorida Wrote:Is there another alternative for ASROCK/ZOTAC ION systems, to enable Wake-on-USB?

Wake-on-USB is that mostly for getting a remote to power on/off the unit ?

Turrican76 Wrote:After successfully installing xbmc on my Asrock330 using this wonderful script a few weeks ago i made the mistake trying to update the system using apt-get update/upgrade and install xbmc.

Thx for yur help and greetings from Germany! Nod

Do the reliable method: reinstalll !

- osirisjem - 2010-01-07

Anyone know how I could make an .iso copy of my 330HT that I could revert to ... if I mess something up one day ?

- clackerdacker - 2010-01-07

osirisjem Wrote:Anyone know how I could make an .iso copy of my 330HT that I could revert to ... if I mess something up one day ?

Clonezilla

- osirisjem - 2010-01-07

I am going to try CloneZilla Live.

- flxfxp - 2010-01-07

osirisjem Wrote:Do the reliable method: reinstalll !

I'd say that aswell, especially since there are some discrepancies in with the latest releases.

Also its my birthday today so I won't be replying to PM's emails in the next few days Laugh

Regards,

Dennis

- spanik - 2010-01-07

{off topic mode on}

Happy Birthday flxfxp !!!

{off topic mode off}