Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) (/showthread.php?tid=57764)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

karmic repos in jaunty install - bobbywilson0 - 2010-01-07

It looks like there is a bug with karmic repos being added added to a jaunty install. I am getting this error:

Code:
xbmc-live: Depends: xbmc-standalone (= 1:9.11-karmic1) but it is not going to be installed

The script ends up failing at installing xbmc stable or svn. I am doing a fresh install of jaunty mini, and using "Version: 2009-10-02" of easy install script on an Asrock ion 330. Also, audio through hdmi failed. I un-muted everything except mic through alsamixer, and ran the ion 330 audio fix, I am just testing through speaker-test with
Code:
speaker-test -D plughw:0,3 -c2

Here is the full output: http://xbmscript.pastebin.com/f458bb7f5

- X3lectric - 2010-01-07

<commiserations>flxfxp</commiserations>

- cyberpaladin - 2010-01-08

Hi Dennis happy Birthday to you, take some days off, enjoy! I have to say that my ASROCK ION 330 ist waiting to be installed but since I*'ll be moving soon I'll probably wait until after that and once I've received my bonus for last year I'll happily contribute something to you for your effort. Cheers mate and enjoy your special day!

- gazwest - 2010-01-09

Fantastic script.

It worked perfectly the last time i intalled, in december. Now it wont autoload XBMC upon reboot.

So I thought I'd be smart, and tried to install the newest XBMClive that is available on XBMC.org. After the installation was complete i SSH'ed onto the box, and did the following commands:

wget http://flx.me/script
chmod +x xbmscript.sh
sudo ./xbmscript.sh

The script launched, no problem. Selected "setup remote control" - and selected XBOX dvd remote. The script starts, and says "select none... etc etc". I press enter to continiue- but then the script just terminates, and takes me back to the main menu of xbmscript.

any ideas? I've been struggeling for hours... Confused

- X3lectric - 2010-01-09

thats normal behaivious the set up should have been performed by script and it returns to main menu by design.

if what u set up is not correct then buddy reboot if your remote is not working then u have to look at lirc

- haustier - 2010-01-09

I'm a bit stuck with the PS3 BD remote. I installed karmic minimal, then used the script to install xbmc stable. After that i installed the PS3 remote software. I had to manually install python-bluez and python-dbus after that. Next i successfully added the remote.

XBMC wont react on the remote. When i use bluetoothd -nd, the device sends commands. Everything looks fine from there. The device information is created in /var/lib/bluetooth. When i use the xbmcscript to list devices, the device is not found, or and error about org.bluez is not found is thrown.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

BTW, the output of the script is somehow strange:
Quote:Hold the ENTER and START key remote for 7 seconds after pressing any key
Press a key to continue

Searching for devices, please wait...
Found:
No devices found
[ /org/bluez/1242/hci0 ]
Name = xbmc-0
Powered = 1
Devices =
DiscoverableTimeout = 0
PairableTimeout = 0
Discoverable = 0
Address = 00:11:F6:06:C3:39
Discovering = 0
Pairable = 1
Class = 4849924

Currently connected device:
Did the Remote got detected and set up? If no, I shall repeat the process (y/n)

Why does it say "no devices found" and lists the remote?

EDIT2:

OK. This meant that the device was NOT found. I redid several times and came to the menu where i had to explicitly select a device. Now it works.

- FireMan - 2010-01-12

Hi,

Last week I brought a WD My Passport 1tb to keep media files. Then, unfortunately, I notice the ASRock never power down the USB ports.
Unless I unplug the disk from USB port or remove the power cord from the ASRock, the My Passport will keep running. I don't believe this little thing was intend to run 24/7... So, there is any way to turn it off when shut down the ASRock?
I didn't found any option in BIOS (I was searching something related to wake up with USB). If this can't be done in BIOS, is possible spin down the USB HDD when shutting down Linux?

Thanks in advance,
FireMan.

- linuxluemmel - 2010-01-12

flxfxp Wrote:I'd say that aswell, especially since there are some discrepancies in with the latest releases.

Also its my birthday today so I won't be replying to PM's emails in the next few days Laugh

Regards,

Dennis

Funy ;-) We share the same birthday ;-) Januar 7
Regards
Hans

- rflores2323 - 2010-01-12

can this script run from a ubuntu 9.10 desktop environment instead of a minimal install?

If so how can this script run on start up?

- flxfxp - 2010-01-13

FireMan Wrote:Hi,

Last week I brought a WD My Passport 1tb to keep media files. Then, unfortunately, I notice the ASRock never power down the USB ports.
Unless I unplug the disk from USB port or remove the power cord from the ASRock, the My Passport will keep running. I don't believe this little thing was intend to run 24/7... So, there is any way to turn it off when shut down the ASRock?
I didn't found any option in BIOS (I was searching something related to wake up with USB). If this can't be done in BIOS, is possible spin down the USB HDD when shutting down Linux?

Thanks in advance,
FireMan.

Try updating the BIOS to the latest version, maybe the usb power down got added later on. As far as I know it's not possible to spin down on halt, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

linuxluemmel Wrote:Funy ;-) We share the same birthday ;-) Januar 7
Regards
Hans

Ah, the Birthday Paradox in full effect ;-)

rflores2323 Wrote:can this script run from a ubuntu 9.10 desktop environment instead of a minimal install?

If so how can this script run on start up?

It should be possible, but I am not going to support it. This script is made for minimal installations, not full blown desktop installments. Type autostart in the menu for 9.10 autostart instructions. In your case I would suggest to do a installation according to the wiki.

Regards,

Dennis

- Evin - 2010-01-13

[rant]

It's a shame that this promising project don't get more donates.
It could fix so many problems on so many levels.
Support for the most common remotes including proper keymaps? No problem, dear Sir! Press 12 making it awesome!

Come on, you greedy leechers! Show some support for flxfxp[/rant]

I would donate 20 more €, if the script could configure my Logitech-remote...

- chunkhead - 2010-01-14

So, if someone could please clear a bit of confusion...

The script is now not working on Jaunty!? Correct?

It worked for me about 2 months ago, but is not working now, just reports "no resume image, doing normal boot..." and asks again for login.

I'm trying Karmic now, but which script is correct, the one on the first page or Kizer's adjusted script?

***UPDATE*** Ok, got it installed in Karmic, but the Temmi2000 skin is not responding, maybe the link is down or removed? It automatically installed 'Confluence' which isn't even an option...

***UPDATE 2*** Things are all weird here... It seems the other skins are downloaded, the folders are available in the home directory? There just not available in XBMC! Also, the SMB just keeps reporting 'Error 2: Share Not available'. I have tried updating the source list ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66940 ) and I have tried updating XBMC to the latest SVN instead of stable, but no joy.

I can however get to my files if I add them manually using the IP address rather then the Computer name. (Eg. '10.1.1.3/Movies 1', instead of 'Server/Movies 1')

- muzzy182uk - 2010-01-16

i have a question i am trying to install on an onld dell pc it has onboard graphic intel i think but i installed a ATI radon 5000 with 256mb ram into a pci slot will your script install ati driversHuh or intel drivers ?

- chunkhead - 2010-01-17

Seems everything is fine now...

I installed XBMC again, only this time I added Gnome desktop to the install list and the the skins worked, also the SMB error went away!?

So either that did something or something was fixed on the XBMC end!?

The Xbox remote doesn't work though...

For those having trouble or needing answers, I used:

Linux: Karmic 9.10 (Basic Server and OpenSSH selected)
Script: Current script from the first post
Installed Stable and Stable XBMC, then chose 190 Nvidia drivers, Gnome Desktop Manager, turned almost everything on in Alsamixer and finally installed the HDMI audio from the list (I don't have an ION, but worked great anyway)

- chunkhead - 2010-01-17

I fixed the Xbox remote! If you could adjust the script to accommodate these changes it would be greatly appreciated!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=486101&postcount=21

Also could you please add this if possible(allows the Xbox remote to control volume like it does in the Xbox version of XBMC!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=452392&postcount=4

Wink