Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) (/showthread.php?tid=57764)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- Evin - 2009-10-07

flxfxp Wrote:I'm going to add it as soon as it available on GIT or svn for easy updating.

In this case it would be great to add Transparency and Media Stream Redux too. :p

- TomsterXP - 2009-10-07

How to exit XBMC?

Some Skins only work in Newer Builds.

There is a background Problem, at the Stable Release :-(

I upgraded now without trouble to 9.10 pre.

But sometimes XBMC restart without any reasons.

I also got a little Problem with my "Hama MCE Remote" I tried to use the Configuration from the Script, but still only useable as a virtual Keyboard, is there posibility to config the Remote without editing any .xml?

- supaz - 2009-10-07

I have just set up my brand new ASRock, but think i'll format and give this script a try (since it looks great, and i'm a linux noob).

My big question is, will it support Power on from the IR remote (suspend to RAM wakeup), without further hazzle?
Or do i need to modify some linux settings to get this working?

Im using Harmony One and a Xbox1 IR reciever (soldered/modified with a standard USB cable)

- flxfxp - 2009-10-07

Don't know, try it out. Be sure that you have configured your bios properly.

- harryzimm - 2009-10-07

supaz Wrote:I have just set up my brand new ASRock, but think i'll format and give this script a try (since it looks great, and i'm a linux noob).

My big question is, will it support Power on from the IR remote (suspend to RAM wakeup), without further hazzle?
Or do i need to modify some linux settings to get this working?

Im using Harmony One and a Xbox1 IR reciever (soldered/modified with a standard USB cable)

I spent ages trying to get the xbox1 reciever to wake up my htpc. I eventually came to the conclusion the xbox dongle simply doesn't support it. I bought a phillips mce remote and it worked out of the box with no problems.

cheers.

Need a bit of help - G500 - 2009-10-08

ok i am new to this i have a Asrock ION 330 i downloaded
Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" Minimal CD burned it to cd booted up my Asrock
at boot i pressed enter then instal after going throught the install it rebooted
this is were i get lost i get
Ubunt 9.04 xbmx ttg1
xbmx login: = glen
password = xbmc

then at the end i get glen@xmbc:~$

that were i am stuck what do i do next can any one help a old man out many thanks guys

- flxfxp - 2009-10-08

i would recommend to install using the username "xbmc", thats the one the xbmc-live package refers to. You could edit that but it would be easier to reinstall. The password can be anything you like.

Thanks Flxfxp - G500 - 2009-10-08

Flxfxp i will start agan when i get back to this piont xbmc@XBMC:~$ is that were i type in wget http://flx.me/script; chmod +x xbmscript.sh; sudo ./xbmscript.sh

also is the One-click installation of the Xbox DVD and Generic Infrared Remote for a xbox 1 as i have made my owne usb lead and do i install it before 1. instal xmbc many thanks Glen

- flxfxp - 2009-10-08

you should:
1. install xbmc stable
2. install xbmc svn
3. install the dvd xbox remote

Smile

Flxfxp - G500 - 2009-10-08

Ok Flxfxp so far so good :-) i got back to xbmc@xbmc:~$

i put your code in ie wget http://flx.me/script; chmod +x xbmscript.sh; sudo ./xbmscript.sh

and yes it worked not bad for a old man of 52 :-) i pressed opsion 1 in your menu install xmbc i chose option 1 for my nvida not sure if that is the right one for my Asrock ION 330 yet can you let me no if it is right the computer has rebooted in to XMBC SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile ok next how do i get back to install option 6 setup xbox dvd remote hope you can help me and sorry to be a bit of a nob but this is all new to me and many thaks for all your hard work on this Glen

- flxfxp - 2009-10-08

1 as NVIDIA driver option should be fine. 3 is the latest and greatest but not really necessary if you want to go cutting edge. If xbmc shows up and you want to go back to a prompt, use CTRL+ALT+F1 (or F2-F6), these will be separate terminal sessions which allows you to do your stuff.

Dennis

What can i say - G500 - 2009-10-08

i have done
1. install xbmc stable
2. install xbmc svn
3. install the dvd xbox remote

and yes it all works you are the man SmileSmileSmile

i can now use my dvd xbox remote which was the main thing for me so many many thanks flxfxp for all your help Big Grin

- flxfxp - 2009-10-08

No problem, glad to help Smile
And please, call me Dennis Big Grin

- frozenice - 2009-10-08

hi!

Thanks for this nice Script Smile

I installed my Asrock ION 330-BD with the Mini Ubuntu 9.04 Distribution.

In the next Step i have installed your xbmscript.

1. First the Stable XBMC Version
2. The latest SVN Xbmc Version

Now i would connect my PS3 Remote Control to my asrock (USB Bluetooth Dongle is already connected to the asrock)

When I run the first Step (Install PS3 Remote Software) the following Error comes up

Quote:...
gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
bluez/.svn/text-base/BlueZInterface.py.svn-base
bluez/.svn/text-base/ServiceInterface.py.svn-base
bluez/.svn/text-base/utils.py.svn-base
bluez/.svn/text-base/Adapter.py.svn-base
bluez/.svn/text-base/__init__.py.svn-base
bluez/.svn/text-base/Device.py.svn-base
bluez/.svn/text-base/errors.py.svn-base
bluez/.svn/text-base/BaseInterface.py.svn-base
bluez/.svn/text-base/Manager.py.svn-base
bluez/.svn/text-base/Agent.py.svn-base
ps3_pair.py
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Fehler beim Beenden, verursacht durch vorhergehende Fehler.
Installation finished!
What would you like to do?
1. Install PS3 Remote software
2. Add new PS3 Remote
3. List Devices
4. Delete Devices
x. Back

The Second Step shows the following Error:

Quote:Hold the ENTER and START key remote for 7 seconds after pressing any key
Press a key to continue
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ps3_pair.py", line 1, in <module>
from bluez.Manager import Manager
File "/home/xbmc/bluez/__init__.py", line 20, in <module>
from Manager import Manager
File "/home/xbmc/bluez/Manager.py", line 20, in <module>
import Adapter
File "/home/xbmc/bluez/Adapter.py", line 20, in <module>
import dbus
ImportError: No module named dbus
Did the Remote got detected and set up? If no, I shall repeat the process (y/n)

Is there any bug in the PS3 Remote Control Script?

Thanks!

- flxfxp - 2009-10-08

does lsusb show the bluetooth dongle? does the command "hciconfig" exist? What does it respond if it does? Also, try rebooting.