[RELEASE] Rapier 2.0 - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=58103)
- mach170 - 2009-09-22 21:45
scarfa Wrote:I haven't used this plugin. Can you post a screenshot to show what features it adds?
Using the Weather.com plugin allows you to display more detailed weather information, like maps, alerts, and more.
Here's a screen from ronie's Transparency when using the weather.com plugin for weather (I'd like to see this view in Rapier):
There's also an option in Transparency to access the TWC Weather Script which is a nice addition too.
There's also more screens on Nuka's post about the weather.com plugin here:
It really adds some nice features beyond just high's and lows.
-oops- Didn't fully read TMC701's reply which is the same as this.
- scarfa - 2009-09-22 23:31
Looks nice. I could see myself doing something for it. But not for the next release though.
I don't really understand all this fascination with weather but I guess some users like to check it alot.
- The-Boxhead - 2009-09-22 23:43
scarfa Wrote:Looks nice. I could see myself doing something for it. But not for the next release though.
Hehe- yeah it is strange. But i find myself regularly checking the weather
forecast on my media center...
- tmc701 - 2009-09-22 23:49
scarfa Wrote:I don't really understand all this fascination with weather but I guess some users like to check it alot.
Who needs to know the weather when you're constantly basking in the climate-controlled glow of your home theater setup...
I rarely use the weather for current conditions (windows? what are those?) But it is nice to see the forecast to prep the kids clothes for the next day, or check the radar to see if there is approaching bad weather.
Thanks for looking into extending the weather. Looking forward to what you can do with it.
- The-Boxhead - 2009-09-23 00:00
i agree to the current weather thingy, thats useless. but long forecast are nice !
- gugahoi - 2009-09-23 01:21
scarfa Wrote:Someone requested integration with OpenSubtitles_OSD (cant remember who). Will this do?
I asked. It will certainly do. Thanks so much. How to install that tho? just update to new version or what? If you could pm me i would appreciate it?
thanks so much for your work.
- MeqTrader - 2009-09-23 17:01
Although I did not request this I have been trying to fiddle something myself but unsuccesfull. Could you eiher post a howto or an update how to add the OpenSubtitle_OSD support since it's the last thing I need to switch over since it has become a rather essential part to keep GF approval for the XBMC solution in the living.
- kbr37 - 2009-09-23 17:10
Great skin! I have made it my new default as of this past weekend. Two quick suggestions:
1. Could you make it possible to add a different custom background to the TV Shows and Movie sections? Right now, the same background as the Videos section is used.
2. Weather from the main menu.
Thanks for a great skin.
- scarfa - 2009-09-23 18:04
MeqTrader Wrote:Although I did not request this I have been trying to fiddle something myself but unsuccesfull. Could you eiher post a howto or an update how to add the OpenSubtitle_OSD support since it's the last thing I need to switch over since it has become a rather essential part to keep GF approval for the XBMC solution in the living.
kbr37 Wrote:Great skin! I have made it my new default as of this past weekend. Two quick suggestions:
All already implemented. I should release it sometime today.
- frater - 2009-09-23 21:06
scarfa Wrote:All already implemented. I should release it sometime today.You should
- Phil_1337 - 2009-09-23 21:52
Quote: Originally Posted by nick8539same here!
scarfa Wrote:You're probably using the official stable version of xbmc. Backgrounds won't show up properly. Try the latest svn releases.i used the stable build babylon and then tried latest SVN rev23095, but it doesnt work...
i noticed that the visualization works in background when music is playing. with aeon i had also the problem that when i choosed "no visualization" and the music was playing, then the background stayed black, instead of showing the pictures. perhaps rapier now shows permanently the visualization on my pc?
- theophile - 2009-09-23 22:02
Huh, I didn't even know there were supposed to be backgrounds. After some fiddling and going between menus, I got backgrounds to show up. Not sure how I did it, tho.
- WeirdH - 2009-09-23 22:09
scarfa Wrote:All already implemented. I should release it sometime today.
Would you? Please do!
- nick8539 - 2009-09-23 22:44
I am patiently waiting for the new update lol. One more thing...I know with some skins the trailers work. Can you add this feature to the skin?
Hopefully OSD_Subtitles works perfect, i find myself going to boxee just to put in subtitles in a movie when im too lazy to manually search them.
- scarfa - 2009-09-24 01:12
New release, check the OP
heres the changelog:
Rapier v1.60 (22-Sept-09)
* filemanager: fixed mislabeled free memory text
* fullscreen player: fixed system time alignment
* wraplist info view: modified scrollbar position moved to the bottom
* wraplist info view: fixed scrollbar receiving focus on window open
* home: fixed rss feed alignment
* views: modified view container now gets focus after closing a menu on the top options menu bar
* gui: modified top bar eject and power button is now more noticeable when focused
* general: modified numeric keypad enter key is the default focus when keypad is open
* skin settings: fixed mislabeled text in bottom info pane
* gui: fixed keyboard width of input box was incorrect
* skin settings: modified some labels to be more concise
* fanart view: new option to switch the item focus position between center and left hand side, default is now center position
* fullscreen player: new zoom amount panel
* tv shows: fix going back out of tv shows then going back in would make the fanart go all black
* general: new option for separate custom backgrounds for videos/movies/tv shows
* general: modified media sections custom background now only shows when there is media content
* skin settings: new option to only show the top menu bar when it has focus
* skin settings: new option to show navigation buttons on the home screen for mouse users
* general: fix volume and now playing notification not shifting when music scan notification is visible
* general: new show weather on the top bar
* skin settings: new option to show the weather in home window only or all windows
* fullscreen player: new integration of OpenSubtitles_OSD script
* skin settings: new toggle showing of the OpenSubtitles_OSD button in fullscreen player
* skin settings: new scrollbar for each view can now each be hidden separately
* skin settings: new scripts category added
* general: modified top menu bar library button was disabled for certain levels in media sections
* gui: fixed width of menu bar popup menu for search was incorrect
* home: modified when activating shutdown menu the bottom menu bar and category icon goes hidden
* general: modified allow media flags to show on the Xbox if supported