Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=58103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- nowisn - 2009-11-10

Damn I got home this evening and shes figured out all the setting faster than me so you don't need to tweak much more cause its making me feel stupid now, LOLBig Grin

one little issue though is that I'm getting multiple movie thumbs and I can't get rid of them, gues I'll have to delete

- scarfa - 2009-11-10

needtotest Wrote:Is there an updated version on the way that handles the fewer system settings in the xbmc 9.11 alpha better?

/needtotest

I don't understand.

- scarfa - 2009-11-10

nowisn Wrote:Damn I got home this evening and shes figured out all the setting faster than me so you don't need to tweak much more cause its making me feel stupid now, LOLBig Grin

one little issue though is that I'm getting multiple movie thumbs and I can't get rid of them, gues I'll have to delete

It's probably because your movie is in multiple parts and XBMC doesn't recognize certain naming conventions without tweaking. The safe bet is to rename them:

Repulsion.1965.cd1.avi
Repulsion.1965.cd2.avi

- nowisn - 2009-11-10

Got it scarfa, thank you

Sorry I don't know if this is the right thread for this but another thing is i cannot seem to get the TV Show on the main lower home bar, I went into the skin settings and its greyed out and I'm not sure whats going on

- scarfa - 2009-11-10

nowisn Wrote:Got it scarfa, thank you

Sorry I don't know if this is the right thread for this but another thing is i cannot seem to get the TV Show on the main lower home bar, I went into the skin settings and its greyed out and I'm not sure whats going on

It means you have no TV Shows in your library. You need to scan them into your library.

- needtotest - 2009-11-10

scarfa Wrote:I don't understand.

Well in settings you have "Programs" which is empty in the alpha.

/needtotest

- Sranshaft - 2009-11-10

scarfa Wrote:It's probably because your movie is in multiple parts and XBMC doesn't recognize certain naming conventions without tweaking. The safe bet is to rename them:

Repulsion.1965.cd1.avi
Repulsion.1965.cd2.avi

Also make sure you have Stack Files enabled.

- danmer - 2009-11-14

Thank you for the excellent work of Scarfа

My humble contribution )))

Rapier -best skin in the world

- Chloraseptic - 2009-11-18

how do I get "movies" and "Tv shows" to show up... in the videos I have made my network path to the movies and television shows folder, but in the skin settings the "Movies" and "TV Shows" (show option) are shaded out.

Thanks

- wannabegt4 - 2009-11-18

Chloraseptic Wrote:how do I get "movies" and "Tv shows" to show up... in the videos I have made my network path to the movies and television shows folder, but in the skin settings the "Movies" and "TV Shows" (show option) are shaded out.

Thanks

You need to scan your files into your library.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964

- Chloraseptic - 2009-11-18

wannabegt4 Wrote:You need to scan your files into your library.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964

thanks ... works perfectly Smile

last version - danmer - 2009-11-19

WARNING: Skin has invalid include: BackgroundDim
WARNING: Skin has invalid include: WeatherMenuIconClickAnim

Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 build 2600. Built on Nov 12 2009 (SVN:24542, compiler 1500)
Rapier (v2.0)

- KevinSartori - 2009-11-20

I feel really dumb asking this question, but here goes. How do I get the DVD icon to show up in the various Movies views? I have no problem with the Blu-ray icon. If the file is named Movie.BluRay.mkv, it shows up fine. If a file is named Movie.DVD.mpg or even Movie.dvd.mpg, no DVD icon. At first, I just assumed that it wasn't included in your skin, but then I noticed it in the screenshots at the beginning of the thread. I searched around a little and when I navigate to Rapier/media/studios, I can see both the Blu-Ray.png and DVD.png. One weird thing I noticed while searching, is that the Rapier/images/studios folder seems to duplicate nearly all (minus 60) of the same .png icons, but without Blu-Ray.png and DVD.png.

Also, I mentioned it in a separate thread, but I figure it couldn't hurt to mention again a small bug I've noticed. I use XBMC on AppleTV and you can't see the text for Enable or Disable Library in Music or Video. You can still go to the empty box where the option is and enable or disable the library, so it works, but you just can't see the text. Maybe this is just an AppleTV problem?

Anyway, thanks for a great skin! It's really breathed new life into XBMC!

- scarfa - 2009-11-20

KevinSartori Wrote:I feel really dumb asking this question, but here goes. How do I get the DVD icon to show up in the various Movies views? I have no problem with the Blu-ray icon. If the file is named Movie.BluRay.mkv, it shows up fine. If a file is named Movie.DVD.mpg or even Movie.dvd.mpg, no DVD icon. At first, I just assumed that it wasn't included in your skin, but then I noticed it in the screenshots at the beginning of the thread. I searched around a little and when I navigate to Rapier/media/studios, I can see both the Blu-Ray.png and DVD.png. One weird thing I noticed while searching, is that the Rapier/images/studios folder seems to duplicate nearly all (minus 60) of the same .png icons, but without Blu-Ray.png and DVD.png.

Use 'sddvd' for untouched isos or 'dvdrip' for dvd's that have been encoded to avi or whatever. Some studio logos are duplicated because they have a number of differen't divisions within the company. EG. BBC has BBC Films which is the film making arm of the company.

KevinSartori Wrote:Also, I mentioned it in a separate thread, but I figure it couldn't hurt to mention again a small bug I've noticed. I use XBMC on AppleTV and you can't see the text for Enable or Disable Library in Music or Video. You can still go to the empty box where the option is and enable or disable the library, so it works, but you just can't see the text. Maybe this is just an AppleTV problem?

Anyway, thanks for a great skin! It's really breathed new life into XBMC!

Known problem. Already fixed for the next update.

- mike2708 - 2009-11-20

KevinSartori Wrote:Also, I mentioned it in a separate thread, but I figure it couldn't hurt to mention again a small bug I've noticed. I use XBMC on AppleTV and you can't see the text for Enable or Disable Library in Music or Video. You can still go to the empty box where the option is and enable or disable the library, so it works, but you just can't see the text. Maybe this is just an AppleTV problem?

This is because the string is empty in the main language file (English) - note that this applies to the original Rapier skin, and Qualar's & Sranshaft's mods.

Open XBMC\language\English\strings.xml (in WordPad or similar), and scroll down till you find string 418; edit it to include 'Library mode' (no quotes).

Mike