Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- alexdzn - 2011-06-20

wyrm Wrote:alexdzn,

Answered your PM (only really needed to send a PM OR a message to forum, not both). Will see what I can find, but really need you to send me the asked for info to really pin down what is happening.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Sorry for delay, once more, when I set up XTV SAF skin I can not login to skin options in system menu and log out of system menu to main menu. When hard reset from system menu the ATv2 (because I can not do exit or normal reboot from main menu), I login to the main menu of XTV SAF and can not login to system menu of XTV SAF.

- wyrm - 2011-06-20

alexdzn Wrote:Sorry for delay, once more, when I set up XTV SAF skin I can not login to skin options in system menu and log out of system menu to main menu. When hard reset from system menu the ATv2 (because I can not do exit or normal reboot from main menu), I login to the main menu of XTV SAF and can not login to system menu of XTV SAF.
alexdzn,

OK, pretty sure I follow what the problem is, but I need to see a FULL debug log of the problem to have a chance to fix. I do have a AppleTV, but it is currently running the last official release of XBMC and 4.2.1 of iOS. I need to be SURE that any changes to the AppleTV do NOT affect the families viewing pleasure or this will be the last post you see from me Big Grin. On my dev system I can stuff about to my hearts content, but look out if I even look cross-eyed at the AppleTV.

Post the debug log and I'm sure we can probably have the problem licked in no time. As a little experiment you could try editing the addon.xml file in the skins root directory. Change the following line
PHP Code:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/> 
to read
PHP Code:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="3.00"/> 
and report back if that helps.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- alexdzn - 2011-06-20

I use pre-Eden with 4.3.3 firmware, link for my log file:http://cl.ly/2v1w433T3R2T0N1o0Y0c

Please, help.

- wyrm - 2011-06-20

alexdzn Wrote:I use pre-Eden with 4.3.3 firmware, link for my log file:http://cl.ly/2v1w433T3R2T0N1o0Y0c

Please, help.
alexdzn,

OK, try this out. Switch to another skin. Go into addons and uninstall the xTV-SAF skin. Now go check that the skin is uninstalled by going to settings/appearances and see if the skin is listed there. Once you are sure if it is gone go back to the addons and install the skin (from the Passion repo if you are not currently using the skin from there). Now WAIT until the requester pops up and asks if you want to change skins. Say yes and hopefully things should be working correctly. I have had issues with the skin not installing correctly before, and I'm hoping that is what the issue is here.

If that does not work you will need to send another log file, but this time I need the WHOLE debug log file. Last one you sent did not have the start or end of the file. The fragment that you posted seems to show an issue with the case of the file names and that a number of files are missing, so I think its a corrupted install (I just downloaded the skin from Passion and had no issues, so that is not where the problem lies)

Hope that helps, otherwise will keep looking for the problem
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- alexdzn - 2011-06-20

wyrm Wrote:alexdzn,

OK, try this out. Switch to another skin. Go into addons and uninstall the xTV-SAF skin. Now go check that the skin is uninstalled by going to settings/appearances and see if the skin is listed there. Once you are sure if it is gone go back to the addons and install the skin (from the Passion repo if you are not currently using the skin from there). Now WAIT until the requester pops up and asks if you want to change skins. Say yes and hopefully things should be working correctly. I have had issues with the skin not installing correctly before, and I'm hoping that is what the issue is here.

If that does not work you will need to send another log file, but this time I need the WHOLE debug log file. Last one you sent did not have the start or end of the file. The fragment that you posted seems to show an issue with the case of the file names and that a number of files are missing, so I think its a corrupted install (I just downloaded the skin from Passion and had no issues, so that is not where the problem lies)

Hope that helps, otherwise will keep looking for the problem
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

dependences not met, can't install from zip, all the same

- wyrm - 2011-06-21

alexdzn Wrote:dependences not met, can't install from zip, all the same
alexdzn,

Sorry mate, the Eden repo is still in a state of flux (script and skin writers need to make changes to remain compatible and then get pulled to the Eden repo). Not a whole lot I can do until the script writers catch up with things. This is part of the reason why Eden is NOT the stable branch (the reason the releases are called nightlies, they change each night to fix bugs and problems).

You could try fixing the dependences in the addon.xml file by changing addon.xml from
PHP Code:
<requires>
        <
import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/>
        <
import addon="script.logo-downloader" version="2.0.0"/>
        <
import addon="script.tvtunes" version="0.9.0"/>
    </
requires
to
PHP Code:
<requires>
        <
import addon="xbmc.gui" version="3.00"/>
    </
requires
Either do the above or you could try updating the AppleTV to the latest stable build (10.0-8) as it also seems to be a problem with the AppleTV. I am not seeing any problems with the Windows build (18/6 nightly build)that I am using on my dev box.

Sorry can't be much more help than that at the moment.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- Further to this go check out the following thread as there would appear to be a number of issues discussed that relate to your problems. (Wyrm)

- wyrm - 2011-06-21

wyrm Wrote:OK Lipo,

I'm pretty sure that I have fixed all of your issues EXCEPT the scrollbar not turning off in coverflow. I have to say I'm Bug@#$&* if I can figure out what is wrong here, but will keep poking around to see if I can't fix things.

Could you please check out the latest svn build and tell me how the fixes have gone. In particular could you check that I have got the visualisation problem sorted as I have not had a chance to check if it was working correctly (spacing maybe out).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
Lipo,

If you are out there mate, could you get onto this and let me know of any other problems as I am now ready to make the very latest build (as of about 5 minutes ago) the release version of the skin. I have fixed all of the issues other than the scrollbar in coverflow issue, and that I just can't find what the problem is, so will probably ship with this last bug. I have just pushed my last update to the googlecode svn, so the skin is as I just tested it on my XBox. If I don't hear anything will assume that everything is OK and ship v1.1.1 final in about 24 hours.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- lipo - 2011-06-21

sorry been away doing stuff, i just download the latest svn ver

bugs i found

visuliazatiion window

wrap view on music libary menu shows cd case if i enabled it

still on music libary, wall view just show icon no text at all

now on video libary, banner view , the icon look wierd

- lipo - 2011-06-21

a bit suggestion , maybe you can change the text on wall view (music) to center so it will synch with other view

no icon for custom script & playlist

full screen osd dont display the total number on playlist

in warp view i noticed theres a slight delay for displaying title,this only happen if you view the first & last tv show/movie from go back icon
maybe it just me:-)

- lipo - 2011-06-21

oh and one last thing
the shadow or image reflecion (list view) position looks a bit off if displaying screenshot

so when full screen osd appear
look ok if displaying poster but there an empty space between screenshot & bottom osd

- lipo - 2011-06-21

i promise this will be the last oneSmile
there still cutoff text

i cannot use the scrollbar in coverflow (music), when i press down view as window show uup
http://pastebin.com/BUsqpSDJ

- lipo - 2011-06-21

similar problem on video music libary
Image Image

- wyrm - 2011-06-21

lipo Wrote:similar problem on video music libary
Image Image
Lipo,

Your postings bring a saying to mind. 'Be careful what you wish for, you may damned well get it'.

OK, will work my way thru that list, especially the spacing issues. But just a little thing for you to remember, BANNER View is for showing banners (ie TV banners) not default icons from the root of the video library. So a lot of the issue that you show here are caused by making the banner view do what it was never intended to do. I have tried to make sure that the user only used this view for what it was intended, but there is only so much that I can do with the way I coded views.

On the Custom playlist icons I tried to tie the displayed icon to the name of the playlist. Music somewhere in the name of the .xsp file gives a music icon and Video somewhere in the name of the .xsp file gives a Movie icon. Now that is obviously not really going to work, so will re-code to ask for the location of a icon file.

Strange reflections on icons are because the icon is centred within a area on the screen and the reflection pivots from the bottom of the area. It has always been done this way since way before xTV became xTV-SAF.

Anyway I could go thru most of your issues and explain my reasons for most of it (bugs Rolleyes mainly, but good reasons for the non bugs), but then I would be at it all night.

Will sort out what I think is really a bug and post when I finnish the job, watch for the post announcing a new svn push.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Number of fixes pushed to XBox svn - wyrm - 2011-06-22

Hi Guy's (Lipo mainly),

While I have not quite finished with Lipo's bug list, I have made a push to my Googlecode svn. Have a look and let me know what is missing. Of note is a fix for the coverflow scrollbar not turning off issue (now fixed).

I still have some work to do on the Custom playlists (video only working at the moment). And I intend to disable the Banner view so that it is only usable in TV library mode, so any problems with banner mode that is not used in TV mode I'm not really interested in.

Other than than have a play and let me know if you find anything else wrong.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- lipo - 2011-06-22

wow.. huge update, will try it soon