Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

- wyrm - 2009-12-10

Hi Guy's,

Bram77 has just let me know that xTV SAF version 0.82 is now available on xbmc-xbox-skins. Check out the Announcement post for a link.

I have spotted a couple of minor bugs that will be fixed in the next release, they include:

• Library mode 'Wrap' view was not updated for fanart
  • Icon and label for 'Music Videos' in all views shows as 'Movies' (fixed but not uploaded as yet)
I'm sure there are a few additional bugs (feedback would be welcome, hint, hint ). Will see if Santa can come up with an update to sort out these issues and a couple of small features before xmas.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- skepti - 2009-12-10

I was to quick Big Grin

Now it works. Thank you for your help. It would be nice if santa brings gifts earlier this year. Cant wait.

"Programs" menu item - pierocol - 2009-12-12

Hi,
congratulations with this wonderful skin. I am a bit of a novice. I have an new HTPC and I chose Ubuntu and Mac4Lin to make it as similar to Mac OS X as possible so that it is easy to use for the whole family. I chose this beautiful skin for the same reason. I installed version 0.82.
I cannot find the "Programs" menu item. Can you help me?
Thank you,
Piero

- wyrm - 2009-12-12

pierocol Wrote:Hi,
congratulations with this wonderful skin. I am a bit of a novice. I have an new HTPC and I chose Ubuntu and Mac4Lin to make it as similar to Mac OS X as possible so that it is easy to use for the whole family. I chose this beautiful skin for the same reason. I installed version 0.82.
I cannot find the "Programs" menu item. Can you help me?
Thank you,
Piero

Piero,

See my sig at the end of this message for info that will make it easier to guess what the solution might be, but I'll take a punt and see if I can't guess what the problem is.

Most likely cause is because of a change I made to show 'Programs' if you are running on an Xbox or 'Scripts' if you are running anything else. Tell me, do you really need to run 'Programs' (thought it was only for running Xbox Games) or do you mean 'Scripts'.

If you mean 'Scripts' the problem may be because the option was turned off. If you go to 'System>Skin Settings>Home Menu' you will see ALL of the home screen items can be turned on/off (except System and 'Play Disk').

If none of these seem to apply, could be a bug, will investigate further if it looks like there is a problem.

Thanks for the feed back. New small release hopefully just before Xmas, so try to get back to me ASAP if there is a problem.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- pierocol - 2009-12-12

wyrm Wrote:Piero,

See my sig at the end of this message for info that will make it easier to guess what the solution might be, but I'll take a punt and see if I can't guess what the problem is.

Most likely cause is because of a change I made to show 'Programs' if you are running on an Xbox or 'Scripts' if you are running anything else. Tell me, do you really need to run 'Programs' (thought it was only for running Xbox Games) or do you mean 'Scripts'.

If you mean 'Scripts' the problem may be because the option was turned off. If you go to 'System>Skin Settings>Home Menu' you will see ALL of the home screen items can be turned on/off (except System and 'Play Disk').

If none of these seem to apply, could be a bug, will investigate further if it looks like there is a problem.

Thanks for the feed back. New small release hopefully just before Xmas, so try to get back to me ASAP if there is a problem.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Thank you very much!

here is my info:

XBMC Build: 9.11-beta2 r25484
XBMC Build date: Dec 9 2009
Skin version: xTV SAF v0.80
Current Theme: skin default
Screen mode: 1360x768 @ 50 Hz full screen
System Platform : Linux

I do not quite get why it says version 0.80. I downloaded the files from the link you provide on the announcement post.
I now understand what has changed wih respect to "Programs". My problem is then that under "Programs" I had several entries corresponding to several plugins I downloaded and I do not see them anymore under Scripts. Among them there was the SVN Repo installer. There were several others. Is this a bug or something else I am doing wrong? thanks a lot
Piero

- wyrm - 2009-12-13

pierocol Wrote:Thank you very much!

here is my info:

XBMC Build: 9.11-beta2 r25484
XBMC Build date: Dec 9 2009
Skin version: xTV SAF v0.80
Current Theme: skin default
Screen mode: 1360x768 @ 50 Hz full screen
System Platform : Linux

I do not quite get why it says version 0.80. I downloaded the files from the link you provide on the announcement post.
I now understand what has changed wih respect to "Programs". My problem is then that under "Programs" I had several entries corresponding to several plugins I downloaded and I do not see them anymore under Scripts. Among them there was the SVN Repo installer. There were several others. Is this a bug or something else I am doing wrong? thanks a lot
Piero

Piero,

Thank you found one bug from your post already (I forgot to change the release string for the skin, should read ' xTV SAF v0.82', will fix so that it is correct for next version).

As to the 'Programs' problem, No that sounds like a bug. Will have a poke around and see what I've done wrong now Rolleyes.

Thanks again, will report back when I figure out what's wrong.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- wyrm - 2009-12-13

As to the 'Programs' problem, No that sounds like a bug. Will have a poke around and see what I've done wrong now Rolleyes.

Thanks again, will report back when I figure out what's wrong.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Piero,

Well it's was not wrong as such (Chief did something similar in xbmcTV. In fact that's were the idea came from). But yes you are right, it's required if you need to get to program type plug-ins like SVN Repo Installer. Will make an option to display on the home menu for this coming release.

Having said that, the home menu is starting to get a bit feature overloaded. Maybe a better place for 'Programs' and probably 'Scripts' would be in the 'System' menu. What do you think?

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- sipart - 2009-12-13

Thanks for your updates wyrm, thanks for option to add/remove items from home menu. I prefer to use favorites menu for secondary options but can you include plugins in the home menu (dinks BBC iplayer plugin is our most used function)? And do you know if you can shuffle the order of items in the power menu?

Cheers

- wyrm - 2009-12-14

sipart Wrote:Thanks for your updates wyrm, thanks for option to add/remove items from home menu. I prefer to use favorites menu for secondary options but can you include plugins in the home menu (dinks BBC iplayer plugin is our most used function)? And do you know if you can shuffle the order of items in the power menu?

Cheers

sipart,

Your welcome, XBMC and the skin has always been a way to exercise the grey matter. It has certainly been that, have learnt all sorts of interesting things (some are even useful).

Now I know I have said that fanart was not very spouse friendly, and then found that was not the case after all. But, I tend to think that placing secondary functions in the favorities menu would be counter intuitive, will have to think about this one.

As to the idea of placing plugins in the home menu, my understanding of plugins suggests that this is not really possible, but I will have a poke around and see what I come up with. Again I think the home menu is becoming a bit overused (by my reckoning there are now about 11 menu items on this menu, which is a bit much).

As to shuffling the order of the power menu, it would be a lot of work for a very small gain. I'm really not sure its worth the work. Besides I have a lot of other things that I would like to see in the skin first, so if it happens it wont be for a while.

I have a bit more work to do on the skin before a Xmas release, but some of the hi-lites include : Fanart in library wrap view, clean-up of a number of textures (looking really good in 16x9 now), removing a few of the views (should make things quicker and lighter on the memory) plus a couple of small bug fixes. After this release, there will be a bit of a break as I am off camping with the family after Xmas, so will probably not get back to the programming until the end of January.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- pierocol - 2009-12-18

Well it's was not wrong as such (Chief did something similar in xbmcTV. In fact that's were the idea came from). But yes you are right, it's required if you need to get to program type plug-ins like SVN Repo Installer. Will make an option to display on the home menu for this coming release.

Having said that, the home menu is starting to get a bit feature overloaded. Maybe a better place for 'Programs' and probably 'Scripts' would be in the 'System' menu. What do you think?

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Sorry for the late reply, and thank you for your consideration. I do agree that the main page should not be too cluttered. I also agrees that "scipts" and "programs" would nicely fit under "system"

- batrad - 2009-12-18

Wyrm,

Loaded the script with Beta2 off t3ch's website
Everthing looks good (I don't use library mode..), except I'm still unable to download themes, says I need a newer version ?

Thanks for all your efforts..

- wyrm - 2009-12-19

batrad Wrote:Wyrm,

Loaded the script with Beta2 off t3ch's website
Everthing looks good (I don't use library mode..), except I'm still unable to download themes, says I need a newer version ?

Thanks for all your efforts..

batrad,

I'm a little mystified by the "needs a newer version" . Does the skin show in RED text at the bottom of the screen and on the download theme menu item, or do you mean that download theme menu item says it could not load the theme. I have tried to download a theme and have the script say it can't download the theme. I think that the script needs updating, but it is not a major priority at this stage. Also I am not entirely certain if the themes may not mess up my mod.

At this stage, I will release an update just before xmas and then its about a month of 'real world' before getting back into the skin. Hi-lite's of the new release include a number of visual cleanups, a number of small bugs squashed and most importantly I have redone the check if special:// is available (will the skin find the scripts).

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

- batrad - 2009-12-19

Wyrm,

I get a NOT compatible option for the theme download with Beta 1, also a script error when XBMC starts...
I did a clean install of Beta 2 and same errors

Also when you are watching a movie and press pause or FWD .. the Menu on the bottom becomes a sticky and does not disapear like the original XTV skin or any other skin.. Have to press Menu to make it disappear..

Will download your skin again from the SVN and try...

Happy Holidays...

waiting for the next release Big Grin

- Starstream - 2009-12-20

Just wanted to say very nice work on the skin Wyrm, nice and fast ideal for the actual ATV running XBMC.

I too noticed red line/newer version running 9.11 RC1 however a reboot of the system clears them.

Also saw the play/pause brings up the OSD and makes it sticky.

The only minor request I would make if its at all possible is I like the list mode2 as you get smaller icons/thumbnails and more space for text labels on screen but would it at all be possible to disable the rotating/cycle animation it uses for thumbnails/coverart.

I'd like to get thumbnails like listmode1 only smaller and the size of listmode2 could this be done by hacking the skin myself ?

Anyway appreciate all the work you put into this happy holidays!

- wyrm - 2009-12-24

Hi Guy's,

New release just uploaded, hope you like it. Will try to get bram77 to add it to xbox-skins, but at this time of year not sure if it will happen.

Anyway, time for a bit of a break (off camping with family on Boxing day), so no new releases until February (maybe, as no work on skin until February). If there are any problems leave a message in the "bugs/to do" thread and when I get back I will see what I can manage.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)