Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - lipo - 2013-04-11

(2013-04-10, 19:01)wyrm Wrote: Just a quick heads up for people who download the skin thru the Passion repo. I have just committed a Large update to my googlecode page that should show up in the next round of updates on Passion. I have made a number of code optimisations that I hope will make things a bit quicker on low speced machines. Also for those people that wanted the scrolling text back, the required code changes are now there to make use of the returning "Autoscroll" setting in the skins "General" settings menu. Turn on this setting and hopefully all of the scrolling text that was there before will return (and also a large part of the recent skin speedups will unfortunately disappear, sorry thems the breaks).

If there is any problems, or I have missed some controls on the scrolling text update, please drop a line here and I will endeavor to fix things.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

sweeet
btw this is not a high priority but any plan to update the studio logo ? some are changed like cinemax & fx

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-04-11

(2013-04-11, 16:04)lipo Wrote:
(2013-04-10, 19:01)wyrm Wrote: Just a quick heads up for people who download the skin thru the Passion repo. I have just committed a Large update to my googlecode page that should show up in the next round of updates on Passion. I have made a number of code optimisations that I hope will make things a bit quicker on low speced machines. Also for those people that wanted the scrolling text back, the required code changes are now there to make use of the returning "Autoscroll" setting in the skins "General" settings menu. Turn on this setting and hopefully all of the scrolling text that was there before will return (and also a large part of the recent skin speedups will unfortunately disappear, sorry thems the breaks).

If there is any problems, or I have missed some controls on the scrolling text update, please drop a line here and I will endeavor to fix things.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

sweeet
btw this is not a high priority but any plan to update the studio logo ? some are changed like cinemax & fx
Hey buddy,

Glad you came back. Part of the reason I left the studio logos and other such images out of the media directory is so that it is a lot easier for users to add or update these images (also it stops the textures.xbt file getting too big). Any images in the media directory get rolled up into a textures.xbt file when the skin is submitted to the main repo. Any images outside of this directory are left alone. Go check out the /extras directory. Apart from the images sub directory with it's various image types (including studio's) there is a playlists directory that has a number of pre configured playlists that you may find useful. Feel free to update, add to etc any of the files here. Just remember that they are named the way they are to match your info tags in your library's, or at least for most of them. The ratings directory is handled by code in the skin, so adding a new rating type would require me to code the new entry as well as providing a new image. Studio's on the other hand is provided by reading the studio info tag in the library and looking in the studios directory for a matching file (with a .png on the end).

Hope that makes sense.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - lipo - 2013-04-12

(2013-04-11, 17:01)wyrm Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 16:04)lipo Wrote:

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

sweeet
Hey buddy,

Glad you came back. Part of the reason I left the studio logos and other such images out of the media directory is so that it is a lot easier for users to add or update these images (also it stops the textures.xbt file getting too big). Any images in the media directory get rolled up into a textures.xbt file when the skin is submitted to the main repo. Any images outside of this directory are left alone. Go check out the /extras directory. Apart from the images sub directory with it's various image types (including studio's) there is a playlists directory that has a number of pre configured playlists that you may find useful. Feel free to update, add to etc any of the files here. Just remember that they are named the way they are to match your info tags in your library's, or at least for most of them. The ratings directory is handled by code in the skin, so adding a new rating type would require me to code the new entry as well as providing a new image. Studio's on the other hand is provided by reading the studio info tag in the library and looking in the studios directory for a matching file (with a .png on the end).

Hope that makes sense.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
ok thanks will try it out
im having a dumb blonde moment here
where is the skin directory ?

i just test various view on video libay, the most problematic is the wall view
some have no text wharsover, other have overlaping text that read "43 minutes"
ill upload Debug Log ASAP, hopefully it doesnt caused by dirty code alogarym

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-04-13

(2013-04-12, 18:35)lipo Wrote: ok thanks will try it out
im having a dumb blonde moment here
where is the skin directory ?

i just test various view on video libay, the most problematic is the wall view
some have no text wharsover, other have overlaping text that read "43 minutes"
ill upload debug log ASAP, hopefully it doesnt caused by dirty code alogarym
Lipo,

Depends on what operating system you are running XBMC under. Where ever your OS stores programs data. Do a search on XBMC/Addons/skin.xtv-saf to find where your particular OS has squirreled it away.

As to your bug report, just as cryptic as some of your very early reports Rofl . Note that I include in the skin a script that will download your debug log for you. Go to settings/appearance/skin/settings/support for various options for tracking down and reporting problems with the skin. Just the same I'm pretty sure the debug log will not show anything about overlapping fields, really need a screen dump to see what field exactly is having problems. Also while I can't rule it out until I see the offending screen, pretty sure problem will not be anything to do with dirty regions (it's on by default now and other than it caused the skin to sloooowwwwww dooooowwwwnnnnn because of some old code in the skin, this is now all fixed).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-04-20

Announcing the new release of the skin now available in the Frodo repo.

Just a quick note that there is a new release of the skin (1.3.1) now available in the main repo. Main high lights of this release are major optimisations in skin code that means the skin should be much more responsive on low speced machines (Raspberry Pi for one). Horizontal home menu is now the default home. There have been a number of cleanups and improvements of this menu and the skin settings menu. Also the number of translations have increased, now five translations included (thank you to the transfix translators).

The family and I are off for a couple of days camping, will update various documents around the place with further details when I return

Enjoy
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-04-20

Nice work, Wyrm. Have a nice camping Smile

When you'll have some time to look back at skin, check the following. There's small problem with few labels in translation. I'm not sure did you turn off text lines scrolling to speed up skin or it was never there in the first place? But now few strings in translation are just cut in the middle and without scrolling no chance to read them whole. Yes, most of them are quite long, i'll try to shorten them. (but generally russian translation of the english text is something 35% longer in letters/words and the same in reading time). But there're also few short lines that cut:
- translation of "use intro video" is cut after ~15 letters. Just below translation of the "use startup playlist" is longer yet visible
- "program addons" and "get addons" in Addons on Home screen, "system info" in system. But those are xbmc strings, not skin, right?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - stuCONNERS - 2013-04-25

Is there anyone that can help me skin transmission to match this skin. this skin is really good, just trying to edit some stuff to match it, any help would be great, thank you

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-20, 19:29)relyter Wrote: Nice work, Wyrm. Have a nice camping Smile

When you'll have some time to look back at skin, check the following. There's small problem with few labels in translation. I'm not sure did you turn off text lines scrolling to speed up skin or it was never there in the first place? But now few strings in translation are just cut in the middle and without scrolling no chance to read them whole. Yes, most of them are quite long, i'll try to shorten them. (but generally russian translation of the english text is something 35% longer in letters/words and the same in reading time). But there're also few short lines that cut:
- translation of "use intro video" is cut after ~15 letters. Just below translation of the "use startup playlist" is longer yet visible
- "program addons" and "get addons" in Addons on Home screen, "system info" in system. But those are xbmc strings, not skin, right?
relyter,

Yep had fun, unfortunately back now.

Yes I turned off scrolling due to the performance hit to the low speced machines. For the most part it can be turned back on by selecting "Autoscroll" on in the General skin settings menu. If you find that this causes too much of a performance hit you can tell XBMC to use a slightly more efficient dirty region algorithm (go check the XBMC wiki for details of advancedsetting.xml file). You want to be using "<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>". This setting only updates the parts of the screen that have changed unlike the default dirty region algorithm, which updates the entire screen anytime there is a change.

I will go look at the examples you have given and see what I can do. I expect the "use intro video" example is a missing tag in the control for this setting. As to the Home screen examples, yes they are system strings, but it comes down to how much room I have allowed for the strings to display. I will see if I can't fine tune the font sizing a tiny amount (not a real lot of wiggle room on that, as I think the fonts are right on the edge of what is clearly visible now).

Keep me posted on any other strings you find that don't seem to have enough room and I will try to do something about it .

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-25, 13:11)stuCONNERS Wrote: Is there anyone that can help me skin transmission to match this skin. this skin is really good, just trying to edit some stuff to match it, any help would be great, thank you
stuCONNERS,

you will need to find the default skin files for transmission (located in the scripts resouces/skins/default directory) and edit the two .xml files to point at any of my textures that you feel is appropriate to this script. Probably the best way to make sure that you are using the correct files is to copy the two .xml files into my skins 720p directory and then copy any of the media files (.png files located in the scripts /media subdirectory) from the script to my skins /media subdirectory and make any changes from there. If you need to know the names of the texture files used in my skin, goto my googlecode page and look in the media subdirectory there. This will give you the names of all of the files that I use in my skin (and allow you to see what each one looks like).

Best of luck
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - relyter - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-25, 16:22)wyrm Wrote: relyter,

Yep had fun, unfortunately back now.

Yes I turned off scrolling due to the performance hit to the low speced machines. For the most part it can be turned back on by selecting "Autoscroll" on in the General skin settings menu. If you find that this causes too much of a performance hit you can tell XBMC to use a slightly more efficient dirty region algorithm (go check the XBMC wiki for details of advancedsetting.xml file). You want to be using "<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>". This setting only updates the parts of the screen that have changed unlike the default dirty region algorithm, which updates the entire screen anytime there is a change.

I will go look at the examples you have given and see what I can do. I expect the "use intro video" example is a missing tag in the control for this setting. As to the Home screen examples, yes they are system strings, but it comes down to how much room I have allowed for the strings to display. I will see if I can't fine tune the font sizing a tiny amount (not a real lot of wiggle room on that, as I think the fonts are right on the edge of what is clearly visible now).

Keep me posted on any other strings you find that don't seem to have enough room and I will try to do something about it .

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

I shorten few long strings in translation (trying to keep clear meaning Smile), so what's left is "intro video" and those xbmc string. And if it's possible, would you please give a little more room to "reset skins setting to default". And no autoscroll needed.

Thanks for the tip on dirtyregions, worth trying.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - stuCONNERS - 2013-04-25

what is the name of the file you use to do list view, my blue border is way to big?

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-25, 21:02)relyter Wrote: I shorten few long strings in translation (trying to keep clear meaning Smile), so what's left is "intro video" and those xbmc string. And if it's possible, would you please give a little more room to "reset skins setting to default". And no autoscroll needed.

Thanks for the tip on dirtyregions, worth trying.
relyter,

Found issue with the "intro video" string. For some strange reason only allowed 250 pixels for the string, most other strings where 480. Have increased everything in the settings menu to 750 pixels, so should help most things. As to the home menu strings, sorry can't make the font any smaller (I checked, it looks too small with a smaller sized font). Will try a couple of other things, but I don't hold much hope of anything coming of that. Will update my googlecode page later today with a number of fixes.

Now, just how quick is the skin now? How does it compare against Quartz, Amber and SiO2 (hopefully it should be quicker than these skins as my textures are smaller. 720p as compared to 1080p)? How is the load on your Raspberry Pi?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2013-04-25, 21:15)stuCONNERS Wrote: what is the name of the file you use to do list view, my blue border is way to big?
stuCONNER,

if you mean the hi light for the selected List item the texture is called "default-button.png". The Dialog background used in the skin is called "button-menu-background.png".

Hope that helps
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - pecinko - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-26, 04:49)wyrm Wrote: Now, just how quick is the skin now? How does it compare against Quartz, Amber and SiO2 (hopefully it should be quicker than these skins as my textures are smaller. 720p as compared to 1080p)? How is the load on your Raspberry Pi?

No way!

I'll switch to textual mode if my skins prove to be slower! Wink

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-26, 13:46)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-04-26, 04:49)wyrm Wrote: Now, just how quick is the skin now? How does it compare against Quartz, Amber and SiO2 (hopefully it should be quicker than these skins as my textures are smaller. 720p as compared to 1080p)? How is the load on your Raspberry Pi?

No way!

I'll switch to textual mode if my skins prove to be slower! Wink
Hey Pecinko,

Funny enough I was working on some more optimisations for version 1.4.0. Pretty sure this will smoke your skin now sport! Go check out the new home screen

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - pecinko - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-26, 16:35)wyrm Wrote: Funny enough I was working on some more optimisations for version 1.4.0. Pretty sure this will smoke your skin now sport! Go check out the new home screen

I must admit, I'm textless Smile I had to turn recently added off, but that's small price to pay for the eye candy. Keep up the good work mate! BTW, any plans for add-on XXX?