Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) (/showthread.php?tid=59576)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-07-24

I noticed that when a video is paused and I'm on the Home screen, with the pause overlay in the top centre and the media overlay in the bottom right, that the Progress/Activity bar is not able to show, so if I scan/update the library I've got no way to see how it's doing. If I unpause the video so that the pause OSD goes away, the Activity bar appears again but I was wanting to wait until the Activity had finished before watching the video to avoid any stuttering from overloading the Pi.

I shouldn't try and multi-task so much I know but if there is a simple way to fix this it would be great as it can be a pain to have to stop a streaming video rather than pause it, as it then can take a while to navigate back to it and re-start it.

I hope the following comes across as constructive feedback rather than whinging, as mainly I'm blown away with how nice and clear your skin is Smile

Whilst your weather screen is great and nice and clear, I'm kinda missing the Weather page from Confluence, with the various options of 10 day forecast, etc in the side pop-out menu. Another tweak I saw (in Amber I think) is to replace the word Location in the side pop-out menu with the actual location (i.e. London) which looks nicer I think and helps to make it clear what location is currently selected. Obviously on your screen it's not such an issue as it clearly shows the current location up the top, so it's more if you were going to use a pop-out menu, as on other skins I've found that tends to obscure the Location on the main screen, making it all the more useful to be able to see what location is currently selected rather than just the word Location.

I'm also rather missing the video info icons (Xvid, mkv, AC3, DTS, etc) that Confluence shows in some of it's views (Coverflow, Poster Wrap, Fanart, Media Info). I realise that we have to use the "extract information from files" option to even get these and that a lot of people recommend disabling this option on the RPi but as I'll be using a shared MySQL database on the PC and running XBMC on there to populate the libary initially, the RPi is only going to have to update the library with a few files occasionally, so I think it will be OK to use this option.

I tend to switch between the views as sometimes I like the big pictures of each film in Coverflow as it looks cool, whilst other times it's more useful when choosing a film to be able to see some details, as with the Fanart view. It's also nice to be able to see the numerical rathing next to each film, as in Media Info 1 and 2 and I find it important to be able to see the Run Time as with Poster Wrap, Coverflow and Fanart.

I think out of the Confluence views, the one I'd use most is Fanart, as it shows the covers, the media info icons, the runtime, the rating and some details of the plot, etc. It would be nicer if the covers were bigger though and if the text box was stretched to the full width of the screen and not such a large gap left between the title and the next lines down, it wouldn't need to be so tall and would leave room to make the covers bigger, although as your skin's all about clarity, if you did want to make a view based on this you might want to leave the covers the size they are and use the extra space to make the text (particularly the plot) bigger, as that can be quite hard to read.

My second favourite view is probably Media Info 1 as sometimes it's just quicker and easier to navigate a text list and it has almost as much details as Fanart but the plot text is quite hard to read and there's no room to make it bigger (without needing a lot of scrolling).

Out of your current views, perhaps Wrap is the most amenable to being adapted as most of the top half of the screen is empty and could be used for a box containing the same details as Confluence's Fanart view. I do find the current movie focus being on the left rather disorientating though, so perhaps you could consider moving it to the centre, as with the Coverflow view.

Anyway, as I said, I hope you find this constructive Smile

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-07-24

(2013-07-24, 01:21)doveman2 Wrote: I noticed that when a video is paused and I'm on the Home screen, with the pause overlay in the top centre and the media overlay in the bottom right, that the Progress/Activity bar is not able to show, so if I scan/update the library I've got no way to see how it's doing. If I unpause the video so that the pause OSD goes away, the Activity bar appears again but I was wanting to wait until the Activity had finished before watching the video to avoid any stuttering from overloading the Pi.
This is all by design, I really try to avoid getting the user to focus on multiple locations on screen at a time. Also having multiple dialogs appear on screen just clutters the screen

Quote:I shouldn't try and multi-task so much I know but if there is a simple way to fix this it would be great as it can be a pain to have to stop a streaming video rather than pause it, as it then can take a while to navigate back to it and re-start it.
While I understand your use case the main target audience is the Wife and kids. I really have to think very hard before making a change that will potentially upset the BOSSLaugh

Quote:I hope the following comes across as constructive feedback rather than whinging, as mainly I'm blown away with how nice and clear your skin is Smile
I will ALWAYS listen to suggestions (might not act on them though). Some of the things in the skin were originally suggested by users and rejected only to have me change my mind when a better case was made for their inclusion (Horizontal Home menu is one of these areas). Overriding theme of this skin is "Clarity thru simplicity" (kinda Zen, kinda Apple). While I appreciate the skill and work that goes into most of the skins available on XBMC, for the most part I find most of them too busy. My skin weighs in at 20M, most others are north of 100M and I would like to beleive that my skin is now one of the quicker ones.

Quote:Whilst your weather screen is great and nice and clear, I'm kinda missing the Weather page from Confluence, with the various options of 10 day forecast, etc in the side pop-out menu. Another tweak I saw (in Amber I think) is to replace the word Location in the side pop-out menu with the actual location (i.e. London) which looks nicer I think and helps to make it clear what location is currently selected. Obviously on your screen it's not such an issue as it clearly shows the current location up the top, so it's more if you were going to use a pop-out menu, as on other skins I've found that tends to obscure the Location on the main screen, making it all the more useful to be able to see what location is currently selected rather than just the word Location.
Weather screen is still a work in progress (as is most of the rest of the skin if truth be told), but personally I think a weather forecast out beyond about 5 days is just a fantasy. That and another issue that most people don't realise is that the smallest font in my skin is 21 pixels high (hey I don't like squinting at the screen), so to fit text strings onto the screen without scrolling takes quite a bit of room. So to fit more forecasts on the screen I either need to reduce the sizing of things (not going to happen), or completely re-layout the screen (might happen down the track)

Quote:I'm also rather missing the video info icons (Xvid, mkv, AC3, DTS, etc) that Confluence shows in some of it's views (Coverflow, Poster Wrap, Fanart, Media Info). I realise that we have to use the "extract information from files" option to even get these and that a lot of people recommend disabling this option on the RPi but as I'll be using a shared MySQL database on the PC and running XBMC on there to populate the libary initially, the RPi is only going to have to update the library with a few files occasionally, so I think it will be OK to use this option.
This is available, just have to bring up the video info screen. Remember above (Clarity thru simplicity), I try to keep the displayed info to a minimum but make it relevant to Wife and kids. So How long video is, rating, how good the video is (stars are quick and easy to decipher) and the plot, anything else of importance is available in the video info screen

Quote:I tend to switch between the views as sometimes I like the big pictures of each film in Coverflow as it looks cool, whilst other times it's more useful when choosing a film to be able to see some details, as with the Fanart view. It's also nice to be able to see the numerical rathing next to each film, as in Media Info 1 and 2 and I find it important to be able to see the Run Time as with Poster Wrap, Coverflow and Fanart.

I think out of the Confluence views, the one I'd use most is Fanart, as it shows the covers, the media info icons, the runtime, the rating and some details of the plot, etc. It would be nicer if the covers were bigger though and if the text box was stretched to the full width of the screen and not such a large gap left between the title and the next lines down, it wouldn't need to be so tall and would leave room to make the covers bigger, although as your skin's all about clarity, if you did want to make a view based on this you might want to leave the covers the size they are and use the extra space to make the text (particularly the plot) bigger, as that can be quite hard to read.

My second favourite view is probably Media Info 1 as sometimes it's just quicker and easier to navigate a text list and it has almost as much details as Fanart but the plot text is quite hard to read and there's no room to make it bigger (without needing a lot of scrolling).

Out of your current views, perhaps Wrap is the most amenable to being adapted as most of the top half of the screen is empty and could be used for a box containing the same details as Confluence's Fanart view. I do find the current movie focus being on the left rather disorientating though, so perhaps you could consider moving it to the centre, as with the Coverflow view.

Anyway, as I said, I hope you find this constructive Smile
We tend to use List view for most things, but as the video library is growing we are finding that Wall view is starting to appear more often. I used to use Wrap view a bit, but the wife finds the navigation of that view conter-intuitive. Wrap view once did have the focus position in the center of the screen, but users though it would be better the way it is now as more of the fanart could be seen. Also it gives me more room to include information about the video. A number of views look the way they do because thats the way they started out, but in some cases it's because I can't easily include info that I would like due to XBMC restrictions (Video logo's for one is an area I would like to use more but can't for whatever reason)

So by all means keep making suggestions, just realise that my vision of what the skin should be may not necessarily match your vision of what the skin should be.

Wyrm (XTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-07-24

(2013-07-24, 05:21)wyrm Wrote: This is all by design, I really try to avoid getting the user to focus on multiple locations on screen at a time. Also having multiple dialogs appear on screen just clutters the screen

While I understand your use case the main target audience is the Wife and kids. I really have to think very hard before making a change that will potentially upset the BOSSLaugh

That's fair enough and to be honest I'll probably not run into it very often. I only really thought I should mention it in case it was unintended but if it's by design that's cool Smile

Quote:I will ALWAYS listen to suggestions (might not act on them though). Some of the things in the skin were originally suggested by users and rejected only to have me change my mind when a better case was made for their inclusion (Horizontal Home menu is one of these areas). Overriding theme of this skin is "Clarity thru simplicity" (kinda Zen, kinda Apple). While I appreciate the skill and work that goes into most of the skins available on XBMC, for the most part I find most of them too busy. My skin weighs in at 20M, most others are north of 100M and I would like to beleive that my skin is now one of the quicker ones.

It very much is quicker and uses lower CPU than anything else I've tried and that's obviously important on a relatively low-powered device like the RPi, which is one of the reasons I love it.

Quote:Weather screen is still a work in progress (as is most of the rest of the skin if truth be told), but personally I think a weather forecast out beyond about 5 days is just a fantasy. That and another issue that most people don't realise is that the smallest font in my skin is 21 pixels high (hey I don't like squinting at the screen), so to fit text strings onto the screen without scrolling takes quite a bit of room. So to fit more forecasts on the screen I either need to reduce the sizing of things (not going to happen), or completely re-layout the screen (might happen down the track)

I wouldn't want to see things reduced in size either as it's nice and clear as it is now. I'm probably just spoilt by the Confluence Weather screen and you might be right that we don't really need anything more than the 5-day forecast, although the hourly forecast could be handy sometimes.

Quote:]This is available, just have to bring up the video info screen. Remember above (Clarity thru simplicity), I try to keep the displayed info to a minimum but make it relevant to Wife and kids. So How long video is, rating, how good the video is (stars are quick and easy to decipher) and the plot, anything else of importance is available in the video info screen

Ah yes, I see them in the movie info screen now. I think I can cope without having these on the main view then Wink I do feel it's more useful to see "Rating: 6.5" (out of 10) then 3 stars but I appreciate you feel stars are easier to read.

Quote:We tend to use List view for most things, but as the video library is growing we are finding that Wall view is starting to appear more often. I used to use Wrap view a bit, but the wife finds the navigation of that view conter-intuitive. Wrap view once did have the focus position in the center of the screen, but users though it would be better the way it is now as more of the fanart could be seen. Also it gives me more room to include information about the video. A number of views look the way they do because thats the way they started out, but in some cases it's because I can't easily include info that I would like due to XBMC restrictions (Video logo's for one is an area I would like to use more but can't for whatever reason)

So by all means keep making suggestions, just realise that my vision of what the skin should be may not necessarily match your vision of what the skin should be.

Of course, it's your skin at the end of the day Smile

Here's some more suggestions though Wink

At the moment Wrap only seems to show the Title, Genre and star rating, so if the top half of the screen could be used for the plot that would be much more useful IMHO. I appreciate what you say about users asking to leave more fanart showing, so maybe you could have two Wrap views, a minimal one (as it is now) and a detailed one, with the plot (I personally think fanart is nice as a background but it shouldn't take priority over useful information, so if it can still be partly seen behind and around the details, that's fine for me). For both, it would be nice to have the year shown in () after the title and the runtime could be shown on the right opposite the Genre perhaps (and/or put this in the upper box with the plot). I don't think there's any need to clutter the plot box with stuff like Director, etc as that can be viewed from the Movie Info screen.

List view is OK but I find having to wait for the cover to shrink to show the details makes using it a bit slow for my liking and would prefer if it just used the shrunken cover and details view all the time. It would be nice to have the year shown in this view as well.

This is not a suggestion, more an observation. Wall view is OK, I guess I just prefer to have the covers a bit larger like in Wrap and I'm lazy and like to just navigate left/right and not have to think about using up/down as welll or having the pop-up menu appear when I go too far left or right. I really wish XBMC had this pop-up menu assigned to a remote button only so that the user never triggered it unintentionally but that's what we've got for now and my friend's and family find it easier to know they can press L/R as much as they like and the pop-up menu will only appear when going in a different direction (i.e. Up/Down) to that used to navigate through the library.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bench - 2013-07-24

Hi Wyrm,

Just noticed that the skins setting pages are somehow messed up. The home menu customization menus (oh my god, does that sound stupid...) names are switched at random, but only in german, english is fine and i couldn't tell for other languages...

Other than that, the raspi seems a lot quicker now! Haven't payed that much attention to that part of this thread, as the raspi's speed was already ok to me. So whatever you did between the last 2 revisions, it had a great effect! I moved my Thumbnails folder to my nfs-server too and that was another great improvement, but I had already tried that out the last minutes before going to bed yesterday, so I can seperate what did what and the thumbnail thing really only changed the thumbnail loading times and the improvements you've made did a lot more! It seems my sd-card has realy bad speed, but it's so old, it hasn't even got any class number on it...

As you can hopefully see in this screenshot: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1fvdaf&s=5 you nearly fixed the whole osd's channel list. Only the start and endtime are still cutting through the marked items border for a few pixels. I activated the media overlay again and the menu's channel list isn't flickering (as there is no media overlay).

Everythings even better now, praise the Wyrm!

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-07-25

(2013-07-24, 20:01)bench Wrote: Hi Wyrm,

Just noticed that the skins setting pages are somehow messed up. The home menu customization menus (oh my god, does that sound stupid...) names are switched at random, but only in german, english is fine and i couldn't tell for other languages...
Have not made any changes to language files as yet (have trimmed down some obsolete strings in the English file) so that sounds like the German language file has been corrupted. Let me know if there is an issue with this next update.

Quote:Other than that, the raspi seems a lot quicker now! Haven't payed that much attention to that part of this thread, as the raspi's speed was already ok to me. So whatever you did between the last 2 revisions, it had a great effect! I moved my Thumbnails folder to my nfs-server too and that was another great improvement, but I had already tried that out the last minutes before going to bed yesterday, so I can seperate what did what and the thumbnail thing really only changed the thumbnail loading times and the improvements you've made did a lot more! It seems my sd-card has realy bad speed, but it's so old, it hasn't even got any class number on it...
Have been optimising the Horizontal home menu, next update should be a little quicker there too. Really trying to cut back on unnecessary files loads (as i/o is not a real strong area on the Pi), seems to help a little on my dev box good to see it helps so much on the Pi.

Quote:As you can hopefully see in this screenshot: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1fvdaf&s=5 you nearly fixed the whole osd's channel list. Only the start and endtime are still cutting through the marked items border for a few pixels. I activated the media overlay again and the menu's channel list isn't flickering (as there is no media overlay).
Ok, think I have fixed that now, Grab the next Passion update and that should be all good as well. Once again post a picture if it's not up to scratch.

Quote:Everythings even better now, praise the Wyrm!
Ah shucks, good to hear the tweaking is paying off.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-07-25

I'm not sure if this is a skin issue or not but System Info - Storage is a bit messed up, as you can see here

I'm running 1280x720 but my brother will be running at 720x576i (or 720x480i if his TV supports NTSC).

Some adjustments that come to mind that might fix this:

Start the Size column further over to the right, to allow for long Filesystem names (about where 124.7M on the first line starts)

rename Available to Free

remove the Use% column, as that's not really needed if you can see Free anyway

So it would look something like this

and if either the Filesystem or Mount names for a device are too long to fit in the available space, they'd just have to be truncated, which probably wouldn't really matter as you'd still see enough of the name to know what's what and the Used and Free space is probably the most important thing for most people.

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-07-26

(2013-07-25, 18:51)doveman2 Wrote: I'm not sure if this is a skin issue or not but System Info - Storage is a bit messed up, as you can see here

I'm running 1280x720 but my brother will be running at 720x576i (or 720x480i if his TV supports NTSC).
Sorry sport, beyond my control. With the exception of the skin tab (and the two bar graphs at bottom of screen) on this screen all the rest is supplied and formatted by XBMC. Only thing you could try is to take my font.xml file and copy it to a directory called NTSC (you will need to create this in a sub directory of my skin at the same level that 720p directory is located). Next you will need to edit the font.xml file in the NTSC directory to reduce the size of the various fonts (change the value between the <size> tags). The font used on this screen is font13, so you could reduce the size of this one only if you like and it will ease the problem slightly.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-07-26

(2013-07-26, 03:09)wyrm Wrote: Sorry sport, beyond my control. With the exception of the skin tab (and the two bar graphs at bottom of screen) on this screen all the rest is supplied and formatted by XBMC. Only thing you could try is to take my font.xml file and copy it to a directory called NTSC (you will need to create this in a sub directory of my skin at the same level that 720p directory is located). Next you will need to edit the font.xml file in the NTSC directory to reduce the size of the various fonts (change the value between the <size> tags). The font used on this screen is font13, so you could reduce the size of this one only if you like and it will ease the problem slightly.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

No worries, I thought it might be but thought I'd check with you first before reporting it to the XBMC team.

I'll have a fiddle with the fonts as you suggest in the meantime though, thanks for the pointers Smile

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bench - 2013-07-28

Hi Wyrm,
I'm in a hurry, so just a short heads up: the osd channel list looks perfect now. Other than that, the german language in the home menu customization menu is still messed up. It starts with the first entry, home menu layout(?), where you can choose between horizontal or vertical. That entry shows "show videos", then "show music", "show pictures", "show scripts/programs", "klick to open", "music on homescreen", "addons on homescreen", "pictures on homescreen", "profile on homescreen", "weather on homescreen". "favorites on homescreen", search on homescreen", "play disc on homescreen", "exit on homescreen" and finaly "exit button action". I translated these by myself, so I can't garanty that this translation is correct. Wink

Greetings, bench

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-07-29

(2013-07-28, 19:59)bench Wrote: Hi Wyrm,
I'm in a hurry, so just a short heads up: the osd channel list looks perfect now.
Great one less thing to worry about
Quote: Other than that, the german language in the home menu customization menu is still messed up. It starts with the first entry, home menu layout(?), where you can choose between horizontal or vertical. That entry shows "show videos", then "show music", "show pictures", "show scripts/programs", "klick to open", "music on homescreen", "addons on homescreen", "pictures on homescreen", "profile on homescreen", "weather on homescreen". "favorites on homescreen", search on homescreen", "play disc on homescreen", "exit on homescreen" and finaly "exit button action". I translated these by myself, so I can't garanty that this translation is correct. Wink

Greetings, bench
Have you tried the latest Passion build of the skin (1.3.3.930), and does it still occur there? Also is this the only part of skin settings that is not right? The order should be "layout", "videos", "movies", "tv shows", "music", "addons", "pictures", "profiles", weather", "favourites", "search", "play disc" and "quit" (with type of quit type after that). Other than there being a corupted download from Passion I can't see why there should be a problem as the German strings files has not been changed since the last official update, and XBMC shows strings based on a string number I assign in the skin. The only changes I have made to strings is to remove a number of unused strings from the English strings file (nothing has been renumbered) and it is working just fine from this end.

Please advise if is still an issue with 1.3.3.930 as I would like to make a push up to the main XBMC repo sometime this week.

On the push to main repo, could people please advise if there is any outstanding issue BEFORE I make that push as it is rather annoying to be told of problems just after I push up to the main repo. Has the changes to the busy spinner made any (enough) difference to the load on the Pi. I have delayed slightly when the spinner is shown and how fast it spins, and on my dev system videos seem to be starting up a bit quicker (lighter load on system ?).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bench - 2013-07-29

Hi wyrm,

yes, did my tests with the latest version. I just did a check of the whole skin settings menu, I fear there's even more wrong, as some strings are switched with strings, that seem to come from some other place, but my wife wants to watch a movie now so I can't check any further now...

Did a quit typedown of that menus, even the submenu titles are switched...

English title <-> german title translated to english

The Main Menu of the skin settings:

Startup <-> UseScrollbar
General <-> Use media overlays
Home Menu <-> use watched state overlays
Background <-> use now playing overlay
Media Sources <-> reset userdefined...
Custom Favorites -> <-> now playing visualisation
Support <-> choose custom backgrounds

Now for the Submenus:

Startup Menu:

Use Intro Video <-> script
- Intro File <-> - Intro File
Use Startup playlist <-> Movie library entry point
- Choose Playlist <-> TV library entry point

General Menu:

Lock "View As" panel <-> Lock "View As" panel
Use Scrollbar <-> Use Scrollbar
Enable autoscroll <-> Enable autoscroll
Use media overlays <-> Use media overlays
Use watched state overlays <-> Use watched state overlays
Tilt List view icons <-> Tilt List view icons
Tilt Wall view <-> Tilt Wall view
Time on Home screen <-> Time on Home screen
Current weather on Home screen <-> Current weather on Home screen
Animated weather icons <-> show play cd in home menu
Show subtitle Button in OSD <-> Show subtitle Button in OSD
Use TV Tunes <-> familymodeselection in home menu
Download media artwork <-> profile

Home Menu:

Home menu type <-> show videos
Videos in home menu <-> show music
Movies in home menu <-> show pictures
TV Shows in home menu <-> show scripts
Music Videos in home menu <-> (click to open)
Music in home menu <-> music in home menu
Addons in home menu <-> addons in home menu
Pictures in home menu <-> pictures in home menu
Profiles in home menu <-> profiles in home menu
Weather in home menu <-> weather in home menu
Favorites in home menu <-> favorites in home menu
Search in home menu <-> search in home menu
Play Disc in home menu <-> play disk in home menu
Quit in home menu <-> quit in home menu
quit action <-> quit action

Background is completely ok

Media Sources:

Movie library entry point <-> movie library entry point
TV library entry point <-> hide "list2" view
Music Video <-> hide "case" view
Music <-> hide "icon" view

Custom Favorites menu is ok

Support menu is ok

I now realize that's quite a lot... Would going through the german file for myself, correct stuff, test my corrections and send you that file do any good? If not, I could at least help by going through all other menus custom to your skin as soon as I've get the chance, can't I? Wink It seems to only affect those menus, the standard menus equal to all skins seem ok, but I'll have a look at these, too.

bench

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-07-30

(2013-07-29, 20:48)bench Wrote: Hi wyrm,

yes, did my tests with the latest version. I just did a check of the whole skin settings menu, I fear there's even more wrong, as some strings are switched with strings, that seem to come from some other place, but my wife wants to watch a movie now so I can't check any further now...
Bench,

Thanks for the heads up on this. I have just checked Transfix for the German translation and it total crap. If you could go look at this site and sign up for a account, you can review the strings and select the correct translation for the offending strings. Strange thing is that most of the offending strings do seem to have the correct translation listed. The problem is that a number of the strings have alternate translations (which are crap) selected as the primary translation.

To everyone else who has a language other than English (and yes that includes you Yanks) please go over to the transfix site linked above and just check that your language has not been mangled as well. As I only understand English (and mostly understand Yank Laugh) if you want to see your language supported properly you need to help me out by either fixing or entering you choosen language over at Transfix .

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - bench - 2013-07-30

Hi,

I requested to join the german translation group. I can't work on the translation before I get accepted to that group. But I took a look and that's really messed up further than I saw... Gonna ask my wife if she would be willing to contribute too by working on the dutch translation. Gonna give you a headsup, when I'm accepted and done fixing what I can for your skin...

Edit:

I have seen, that new members don't get accepted that quickly, so I've just downloaded the corresponding file and modified it.

http://pastebin.com/FB4EYW7Z

I hope this helps as you wanted everything fixed for a new release to the main repo. Wink

Edit2:

Ok, got accepted pretty quick (along with the dudes that kept waiting for over a week to be accepted...) and did all my changes again to the transfix pages!

Bench

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - wyrm - 2013-08-01

(2013-07-30, 09:24)bench Wrote: Hi,

I requested to join the german translation group. I can't work on the translation before I get accepted to that group. But I took a look and that's really messed up further than I saw... Gonna ask my wife if she would be willing to contribute too by working on the dutch translation. Gonna give you a headsup, when I'm accepted and done fixing what I can for your skin...

Edit:

I have seen, that new members don't get accepted that quickly, so I've just downloaded the corresponding file and modified it.

http://pastebin.com/FB4EYW7Z

I hope this helps as you wanted everything fixed for a new release to the main repo. Wink

Edit2:

Ok, got accepted pretty quick (along with the dudes that kept waiting for over a week to be accepted...) and did all my changes again to the transfix pages!

Bench
Bench,

Thanks for that, now at least I know that three languages (English, Russian and now German) are correct. Kind of disappointed that I have only heard about the problem now as these files have been in the skin since my last released version (at least 2 months now), and no one has thought to let me know there was a problem.

I think in future I will have to adopt a policy of only including a new language when I have had someone confirm that translation is correct.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor) - doveman2 - 2013-08-04

Hi wyrm

Just started playing with the PVR features again (before it was mostly making my RPi reboot when trying to start a channel but it seems to be working OK for now)

I found an issue with the TV Recordings page (in v930) in that the name is right down the bottom left of the screen and the description is off the screen below it (about half of the first line can be seen). With Confluence, it has all this information in a box using the right-hand side of the screen, so as you have the list of programmes on the right, perhaps you could use the left side for these details instead? I think this screen is common to all PVRs but I'm using MediaPortal PVR addon if that makes any difference.

With the EPG/Timeline screen, there seems to be quite a lot of wasted space both below the highlighted programme description (that uses two lines but there's at least 2-3 lines blank under that) and at the top of the screen, above where the EPG currently starts. It currently shows 7 channels at a time but I think you could easily fit at least another two lines in without reducing the size of the text, showing 9 channels at a time which would be nicer (you'd have to reduce/get rid of the large text that says "EPG: Timeline" in the top right but that's hardly needed anyway).