Kodi Community Forum
XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database (/showthread.php?tid=59800)

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - rap777 - 2013-07-05

Hi Vincent!

What! How did you do that so quick!
Looking forward to check it out!

Thanks again!

Alfred

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Vincent81 - 2013-07-05

+Screenshoot :

Hi Vincent!

That looks GREAT!
Would it be difficult to be able to select Multiple Movies and assign it to either an exiting Tag or create a new one.
Also, Tag editing would be great (in case there is a spelling error) and deleting of Tags within XBNE would be great..........

Amazing work once again!!!!

Alfred

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Vincent81 - 2013-07-05

It is provided in the V19 ...

I thought so! Rofl
Your avatar really suits you....Programming Whiz Kid Extra ordinary.....Cool
Looking forward to V19

Alfred

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Vincent81 - 2013-07-08

Hello,
Try beta version :
XBNE V18.11 beta
- TAG managment un Multiple Movies editing.
- Best options screen.

PS: can you tell me spelling error...
@+

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - rap777 - 2013-07-09

Hi Vincent!

Thanks but it seems the download link is down.
I think your English is GREAT (I am Austrian by birth)
I am on my last day holiday....might have a bit less time to play with your excellent program (even though I still will)

Regards

Alfred

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - rap777 - 2013-07-10

Hi Vincent!

Got it and it looks GREAT.
Points of notice

a) I can not created or edit Tag Names (only work with tags I have created within XBMC)
b) I does not refresh to add new tags (I can force refresh by changing sort order a-z to z-a and back

Keep it up

Regards

Alfred

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Vincent81 - 2013-07-10

Hello,
Try V19.0
If don't work : Set debug in option, creat a Tag, and send me xbne.log

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - DiMag - 2013-07-17

I have tried this program several times and was very positively impressed by its capabilities each one of them. And yet I do not use it on a regular basis (the tool I use is Media Companion), for the following reasons relating to its user interface/ergonomics:
  • The color scheme is horrible and tiresome to the eye. Ever heard of black on white?
    [item] The font is too small and barely legible. Ever heard of the invention of the roman typeface back in the Renaissance?
  • The organization of everything into a single screen with every sub-function leading to a new screen from which one has to return to the main screen is a nuisance. Often you need just the sub-function, and the best way to organize all main screens and sub-functions is by tabs.
  • Fancy symbols/graphics are a distortion.
  • Icons which are not explanatory to a text are at best useless, at worst a distortion.

My verdict of this program is that though it is the most complete, advanced, and useful library manager available, it is rendered useless by its silly user interface. And yes, silly is the right word.

I know there are many developers out there who don't give a damn for ergonomics, instead thinking of themselves as mad artists who owe to society an articulate expression of the extravagant and the surreal. My advise to them is as follows:

(1) The path to greatness is humility.

(2) Look beyond your limited digital environment to the analog word of art. Society is already well served in terms of extravagamce and surrealism by artists such as Max Ernst or Egon Schiele. Your artwork does not measure up to them.

(3) If you care nothing for art, take a basic course in cognitive and behavioral psychology to learn how the mind responds to such silly interfaces as you produce. While it may be OK for a developer to care nothing for art, I submit that he/she is serously deranged if he/she also cares nothing for science.

I should add as a concluding remark that the combination of genius in code design and silliness in interface design should not surprise us. Silliness in some parts of the brain is sometimes the necessary corollary of genius in the brain at large (think of Sir Isaac Newton), and as for developers it is I believe a well accepted rule that they should never ever be allowed to design their interfaces.

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Vincent81 - 2013-07-17

Hello,
What phrasing, really impressed.
But I, a silly little programmer who spends some of his free time writing for other free software, I do not have time to take lessons Art, psychology or ergonomics, I therefore call your great knowledge and offers you to entirely restore my GUI.
I send you the code, 30,000 lines, thoses should not take you more than a hundred hours.
Sorry, I do not have the time either to take English lessons.

PS: My wife told me that my app is very nice, and for over 30 years, I always listen to, so ...

(1) "The conformity begins the definition. "
Georges Braque

(2) "Bold Nothing exists without disobeying the rules. "
Jean Cocteau
"If we knew exactly what we will do ... what good does it do"
Pablo Picasso

(3) "I do not know how to play music either"
My ;-)

(You can click the donation button, so I can devote all my time to re-looking of XBNE)

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - rap777 - 2013-07-18

@ DiMag!

Now that was not very nice!
I for one find XBNE a great tool......It is the best program to manage movie sets and well on the way to do the same for tags. Works great for me! (I assume for many others as well).
Best of all, I can enjoy all these benefits FREE OF CHARGE!

All I can say is , please keep the ideas flowing BUT not with such insults to a generous guy!

Thanks Vincent........

Regards and God bless

Alfred

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Tolriq - 2013-07-18

Wow sometimes I want to kick some asses Smile

@DiMag where are you ? Wink

Rarely see someone daring talking like that, even on my own programs when interface was ugly no one was stupid enough to talk like that.

Even if yes XBNE could be better in it's ergonomy it's still a good product with tons of hours of work on it ....

You should thanks Vincent Smile

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Kib - 2013-07-22

I agree his post is not very nice, but as long as it stays within one post there is no reason to report it.

I think he could have accomplished more with some constructive criticism, after all he seems to believe Vincent is a genius. Smile

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - vbat99 - 2013-07-24

Don't worry guys, he slammed us on Media Companion also. Kinda hard not to get worked up over some of the comments.