Kodi Community Forum
XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database (/showthread.php?tid=59800)

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - barranco - 2014-03-01

VanillaExtract,

could you post a screenshot of the tab, where I should be able to do this?

thanks in advance.

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - dgcruzing - 2014-03-01

Setup up last night.. Hooked into MySQL videos78.db and got it up running...edited a few videos and got it to update the database nicely.
Does take time to get through the down loads
Great program..
As to the guy above..I found a quick way to change the database..change to another system away from xbmc.. Then change back and it should ask you to to reinstall the settings..say yes.. And you should be able to point it to your videos75.db.

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - barranco - 2014-03-01

Thanks a lot dgcruzing, contrary to the mysteriously absent button mentioned by VannillaExtract, your workaround does the job for me; great!

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - dgcruzing - 2014-03-01

Another little trick I found was to hit escape key once you have found a thumb you want to use..this cuts the time to do edits otherwise it gives you to many options..
Then it should throw you into the fanart download section..

This is great as I have a screwy bunch of movies that have been scraped as some French movie and there are like 30-40 entries with the wrong info on..so now I can work my way through and clean them up.. My movie database is only about 830 movies so over next few weeks it will be looking good..

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - VanillaXtract - 2014-03-01

I think the difference might be is I am not in simplified mode. Here are some screen shots.

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - barranco - 2014-03-02

Same settings as I have: see screenshots.

Still the (reloaded) database is not updated as far as deleted movies concerns. Strange behaviour.

BTW: when the database is automatically reloaded the buttons on the second screenshot are not available; you can only see them when the database (e.g. bacause the htpc was turned off) was not automatically reloaded at startup of XBNE.

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - VanillaXtract - 2014-03-02

I've seen that behavior too but I believe it might be XBMC. Download and install MySQL Workbench. See if the entries exist when the database is accessed directly.

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Ozpeg - 2014-03-05

Hi Vincent

Re my initial query (7/Feb) I have managed to get the export toXLS working (in a way)

I have found if I export the database, open it in OpenOffice Calc, then save it was an Excel 95 spreadsheet it will then work on any machine and any version of Excel, so I am happy with that workaround

Meantime I have come across a weird issue with duplicated entries

When I initially exported my database to Excel I had 1459 movies. Of those 20 were duplicated entries.

The duplicated movies are movies I deleted from XBMC, then ran the 'clean database' option then re-added them (due to downloading a better version with a different extension)

It seems that XBNE is somehow not deleting the XBNE library when it does a refresh. I have notice some of the duplicate entries have slightly different information (eg MPAA rating)

I have checked the duplicated movies and there is only 1 NFO for them, also only one entry in XBMC

Can you please check XBNE and confirm it is totally clearing the XBNE library before importing the information from XBMC ?

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Sugyi - 2014-03-10

Could anyone help me with the following error?
I am trying to connect XBNE to a mysql server... XBMC recognizes well the database...

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - VanillaXtract - 2014-03-10

Looks like you have your database name set to xbmc_video, Typically they are named MyVideos78 or similar. Since xbmc works you can check your xbmc.log and see what database name it is using. Or log into your MySQL command line client and type
Code:
show schemas;
More than likely the database with the highest number is the one being used.

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Sugyi - 2014-03-10

Thank you. It worked right away. I was leaving the name field empty thinking XBNE will work it out itself. Entered "MyVideos75" and started to work.

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Vincent81 - 2014-03-20

New version 21.0
- Genre translation corrected.
- Acceleration program

I have not had time to do more, sorry.

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Manini - 2014-03-20

(2014-03-20, 18:08)Vincent81 Wrote: New version 21.0
- Genre translation corrected.
- Acceleration program

I have not had time to do more, sorry.

If i want to connect to the Mysql database i get the error wd190msql.dll is missing. I did a complete reinstall and deleted the old version looks like its missing in the installer.

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - Vincent81 - 2014-03-20

Oops,
You can download it Here and copy in XBNE path.

RE: XBNE - Metadata/artwork editor for the video database - rap777 - 2014-03-21

Thanks Vince....

That worked for me!
Regards

Alfred