Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager (/showthread.php?tid=60643)

- xefil - 2010-08-25

xefil Wrote:Hello!

GREAT-GREAT plugin!
Could I ask for some features?
I've no idea if someone has still asked them, if there are implemented (and I've not found it) or if there is a right place where to ask.

- possibility to search cover and fanart choosing different scraper or by using a search box:
This why I've titles in my language (italian) and searching for covers or fanart works only if the movie title is in english. It's not a big problem if it search only in english, but in that case I need to be able insert the title manually only for searching covers, leaving the italian title untouched. Another way is to choose different scraper for covers/fanart.

- possibility to force "scan for new content" of single movie:
Sometimes I write the wrong title. I correct it and then I re-download informations for the single movie from inside XBMC. This is not supported from this web itnerface. Only the "scan for new content" is available and doesn't find nothing new. Maybe it dosn't correcly use the movieplayer.it scraper even if shown?

thank's a lot!

Simon

Hello Smile
Are there news concern my questions or simply is this the right place where to ask ?

Thank's!

Simon

- slash - 2010-08-25

Hi xefil,

Quote:- possibility to search cover and fanart choosing different scraper or by using a search box

Not sure if it can be done with XWMM I'll have to do some digging

Quote:- possibility to force "scan for new content" of single movie.

The scan for new content seems to be broken after some updates in XBMC. I'll look into it.

Thanks for your patience.

/

- Ayla - 2010-08-25

slash, I hope you can answer my question, I posted it while you were away Smile

---
slash, thanks for a great utility

Question: Is there any way to make the main window bigger?

I have a 27" iMac with a 2560 x 1440 resolution and XWMM only uses like 1/4 of the space in the browser window.

PS. I'm using the latest Safari 5 on Mac.

Thanks
Martin
---

- Xeijin - 2010-08-25

slash Wrote:I have it in my to-do list (sorry about the delay).Blush

I'm also working to have XWMM as an add-on. it will be easier to install and update.

I think this is an excellent idea.

- slash - 2010-08-26

Ayla Wrote:slash, I hope you can answer my question, I posted it while you were away Smile

---
slash, thanks for a great utility

Question: Is there any way to make the main window bigger?

I have a 27" iMac with a 2560 x 1440 resolution and XWMM only uses like 1/4 of the space in the browser window.

PS. I'm using the latest Safari 5 on Mac.

Thanks
Martin
---

Oups I missed this one.

If I make the windows scalable it will break the layout. I need to check some widget properties to see what can be done.

The question is there an ideal resolution that everyone would be happy with (including iPads) ?

Let me know what you guys think.

- zosky - 2010-08-26

slash Wrote:The question is there an ideal resolution that everyone would be happy with (including iPads) ?

Let me know what you guys think.

for what its worth: if you zoom in w/ chrome (control+mouse wheel), it scales
thats good enough for me

Martin: try zooming in safari.
i'm *guessing* it would do the same (since they both use WebKit)

- Ayla - 2010-08-27

zosky Wrote:for what its worth: if you zoom in w/ chrome (control+mouse wheel), it scales
thats good enough for me

Martin: try zooming in safari.
i'm *guessing* it would do the same (since they both use WebKit)

Thanks for the tip, I tried zooming and it helps a lot.

I would still like the resolution to be a little higher as the layout feels a bit "cramped" at the moment.

slash, maybe there could be a Setting for 2 or 3 different resolutions?

Smile Martin

- slash - 2010-08-28

Ayla Wrote:slash, maybe there could be a Setting for 2 or 3 different resolutions?

Smile Martin

Already working on it ;-)

- rcrh - 2010-08-28

Hi, I'm trying to install this on my Camelot LiveCD install of xbmc and I can't ftp any of the files into /usr/share/xbmc/web.

Do I have to ssh onto my box and do something first?

thanks in advance.

- Ayla - 2010-08-28

slash Wrote:Already working on it ;-)

Sweet - looking forward to it!

Thanks a lot Smile

- megacrypto - 2010-08-29

quick questions .. im about to try this:
- what is the use of the svn186 file(s)? do they have to be added? where? or are they optional
- this does not work with the mysql database? or does it?

thanks and i will post back on how it goes Smile

- slash - 2010-08-29

megacrypto Wrote:quick questions .. im about to try this:
- what is the use of the svn186 file(s)? do they have to be added? where? or are they optional
- this does not work with the mysql database? or does it?

thanks and i will post back on how it goes Smile

- The XWMM stable release works only with XBMC 9.1x (stable).
- The XWMM svn release works with XBMC svn builds and also have more features.

- megacrypto - 2010-08-30

slash Wrote:- The XWMM stable release works only with XBMC 9.1x (stable).
- The XWMM svn release works with XBMC svn builds and also have more features.

will it work with mysql setup? i will test it, but i wanted to know if there is a setting i need to change to make it read from the mysql db instead of the normal xbmc one

- slash - 2010-08-30

megacrypto Wrote:will it work with mysql setup? i will test it, but i wanted to know if there is a setting i need to change to make it read from the mysql db instead of the normal xbmc one

Yes, but XBMC must be running Wink

- megacrypto - 2010-08-31

slash Wrote:Yes, but XBMC must be running Wink

im guessing XBMC must be running in order for the web server to be available, and if understand you correctly, it will check advancedsettings.xml for the names of the video and music DBs?