Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager (/showthread.php?tid=60643)

- slash - 2011-09-27

gnolan Wrote:You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but i have the film 'Once'. It has been wrongly recognized as a different film and its data tables have been populated with incorrect information. Is there any way that i can link this movie to the correct "themoviedb" entry?

Like m0v1em4n mentioned it can only be done from the XBMC interface right now. But I've requested a pull to the xbmc build for a new JSON-RPC method that will allow to that. When this is accepted I will add the feature to XWMM.

/

- slash - 2011-09-27

m0v1em4n Wrote:Think this my be a pre Eden / nightly build thing, But it does create sets with very little work Big Grin so worth it just for that

I thought I fixed it. It is broken again.Huh

2.0.0b should work with XBMC nightly build, if it does not please provide your build revision.

1.9.4 should work with XBMC Dharma 10.1

Let me know
/

- tomwrob - 2011-09-27

Hi, just found this addon & trying to work out exactly what it does / can achieve. It looks excellent.

I use Media Companion redux atm (on windows) for managing my media (I like to create .nfo & have artwork saved in movie folder). But am looking for a solution that will allow me to use an Ipad through web browser.

Does XWMM function as a media manager, or simply let you view the XBMC library? I would ideally like a web-based media manager, that lets me scrape new content & write nfo, save fanart & cover.jpg to folder.

I installed the addon last night, but all I could do was view the XBMC library in my browser, the Files option didn't seem to work - it wouldn't load anything.... help?

- Strat_87 - 2011-09-27

Hi, I currently use Ember Media Manager, but I'd really like something web based.
Does this application also store .nfo and posters in the folders with the actual media?
Or does it only save to XBMC folders? I would really like my nfo and poster to be in the folders of my movies, tv shows etc... because I have multiple xbmc's connected to my movies... Could someone please confirm this before I install?

- bobrap - 2011-09-27

Using this build XBMCSetup-20110926-dab646e-master. Movies load ok, but, no info is loaded. When I click on TV, I get a blank screen. 2.0.0b doesn't work for me. 1.9.4 doesSad

- Archigos - 2011-09-28

Strat_87 Wrote:Hi, I currently use Ember Media Manager, but I'd really like something web based.
Does this application also store .nfo and posters in the folders with the actual media?
Or does it only save to XBMC folders? I would really like my nfo and poster to be in the folders of my movies, tv shows etc... because I have multiple xbmc's connected to my movies... Could someone please confirm this before I install?

For the time being, this works directly with the database and NOT the nfo or image files in the movie directories. He's stated he's looking into adding this function, but probably wont happen until Eden is finalized so things don't keep breaking. The main point of this add-on is to quickly add/change typos, etc. in your movie or show information as well as create/maintain movie sets. It's not meant to scrape any info on its own or to write the nfo/images back to their folders.

- bodhi - 2011-09-28

tomwrob Wrote:Hi, just found this addon & trying to work out exactly what it does / can achieve. It looks excellent.

I use Media Companion redux atm (on windows) for managing my media (I like to create .nfo & have artwork saved in movie folder). But am looking for a solution that will allow me to use an Ipad through web browser.

Does XWMM function as a media manager, or simply let you view the XBMC library? I would ideally like a web-based media manager, that lets me scrape new content & write nfo, save fanart & cover.jpg to folder.

I installed the addon last night, but all I could do was view the XBMC library in my browser, the Files option didn't seem to work - it wouldn't load anything.... help?

You can change a lot of information on each movie, and create movie sets, ... just be aware that sometime the "save" button at the bottom of the screen does not pop out (stayed grayed out), until you click on a different field. When the "save" button is available, click that and a progress bar will show. To confirm the changes, get the movie list again (upper left corner) to see the database updated.

nfo files and other scrapped data are not updated in this version, only the XBMC database. Slash mentioned that is being in the work.

- Joster - 2011-09-28

Joster Wrote:Is this what you mean: XBMC 3.0 - r30837?

I don't know if it's possible, but I thought I just give it a try.

Anybody?

And when XWMM isn't possible, are there any alternatives with advanced options like setting movie sets?

- slash - 2011-09-28

Joster Wrote:Anybody?

And when XWMM isn't possible, are there any alternatives with advanced options like setting movie sets?

Sorry for the delay but you are using an old version of XBMC. Do you have ssh access to yout xbox ?

If the answer is yes, then you could copy XWMM into the web folder on your xbox. (there should be a folder called web under your xbmc directory)

/

- Joster - 2011-09-28

Ssh with a program like Pyton? I'm using ssh by Pyton to configure my NAS so I'll try Smile

Any idea about the port I need to use? (Or should I configure that in XBMC settings?)

- Strat_87 - 2011-09-28

Archigos Wrote:For the time being, this works directly with the database and NOT the nfo or image files in the movie directories. He's stated he's looking into adding this function, but probably wont happen until Eden is finalized so things don't keep breaking. The main point of this add-on is to quickly add/change typos, etc. in your movie or show information as well as create/maintain movie sets. It's not meant to scrape any info on its own or to write the nfo/images back to their folders.

That's too bad, I see a lot of users asking for a standalone web based media manager that stores the meta data in the movie directories... Guess I'll stick with ember for now...

- Joster - 2011-09-28

Joster Wrote:Ssh with a program like Pyton? I'm using ssh by Pyton to configure my NAS so I'll try Smile

Any idea about the port I need to use? (Or should I configure that in XBMC settings?)

Wow! I tought I just give it a try and it worked!

I'm able to see a list of movies on the left, I'm able to mark a movie (un)watched, I'm able to open my movie sets configuration.

But I'm not able to view some movie details, add a movie to a movie set, or view my tv shows. Is there a solution or is this "an Xbox issue"?!

- slash - 2011-09-29

Joster Wrote:Wow! I tought I just give it a try and it worked!

I'm able to see a list of movies on the left, I'm able to mark a movie (un)watched, I'm able to open my movie sets configuration.

But I'm not able to view some movie details, add a movie to a movie set, or view my tv shows. Is there a solution or is this "an Xbox issue"?!

Check the xbmc.log file it should show some errors. but my guess is that some features are too recent for your versionSad

- Joster - 2011-09-30

I'll look after that tonight.

- bandelguy - 2011-10-01

@slash: please include a progress bar for the music section, just like you have for the movies section, showing that the fields are being updated. I have to refresh the page, to confirm the edits that have been made.