Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod (/showthread.php?tid=61126)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

- qualar - 2009-12-02

Smenus Wrote:Hey Qualar,

Thanks for the bugfix!

I've managed to add 'Recently added albums' to the home screen, and I was wondering whether you would be interested in me posting my changes somewhere.

All I've done really is integrate CF2009's changes in the RecentlyAdded.py thread into the version you're using, along with creating another group in the skin file. Still, unless you're opposed to it, I suppose it might help someone if they ever want something similar.

Regards,
Sean.

Yes upload the changes and I will merge into the MOD. That way it will save you having to continually add your changes when I make updates.

- wannabegt4 - 2009-12-02

wannabegt4 Wrote:Awesome to see the themes in there. There was a problem with a button in the skin settings sub menu item that made it too light to read. You might download it again to get the newest version here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gwwmlym3iy1/Themes.zip

You might integrate this... I also changed a couple textures for unchecked buttons that didn't look right with the new colors.

- pizzy - 2009-12-02

thanx wannabegt4 for colors, thats exatcly what i want... tnx again.

i have two requests, if possible:

1. make changeble backgrounds and animated icons for wheather (like in Transparncy!)

2. make for volume scale in percent (0% - 100%), not in decibels...

i say if posiblle...

i also wanna thanx Qualar for correcting bugs, now al working very well...

cheers

- wimpy - 2009-12-02

qualar, could you enable "list info" view for seasons in the next release ? when that has been done i can try to look at the request i posted myself.. i just don't know how to enable more views for seasonscreen =)

- qualar - 2009-12-02

wimpy Wrote:qualar, could you enable "list info" view for seasons in the next release ? when that has been done i can try to look at the request i posted myself.. i just don't know how to enable more views for seasonscreen =)

How does this suit?

- Smenus - 2009-12-03

OK, my changes to enable 'Recently Added Albums'. As it stands, I think this disables the 'Recently Added Tracks' choice, but I personally don't think that that makes much sense anyway.

The files that I modded are available here. I compared them to 2.6.2, and I don't think I killed anything. I've tested it on my system, and everything works perfectly.

Edit: two things that need mentioning. Although there's a conditional in my code, I didn't add it to the settings yet, so the pane can't be turned off. Plus, there's something weird going on with the animation of the pane hiding, IIRC, the recent episodes pane appears for the animation. I shall look in to both of these ASAP.

Edit 2: fixed both issues I mentioned, link above has been updated.

- qualar - 2009-12-03

pizzy Wrote:thanx wannabegt4 for colors, thats exatcly what i want... tnx again.

i have two requests, if possible:

1. make changeble backgrounds and animated icons for wheather (like in Transparncy!)

2. make for volume scale in percent (0% - 100%), not in decibels...

i say if posiblle...

i also wanna thanx Qualar for correcting bugs, now al working very well...

cheers

I have done number 1 but need make changes to the font colour schemes. So will not be uploaded tonight.

- Smenus - 2009-12-03

So, my quick addition is suitable for release, I've updated the previous post, but here's the link again.

This addition adds a 'Recently Added Albums' pane to the home screen. It works just like the other panes, and successfully adds the selected album to a playlist and plays it, as you would expect.

- qualar - 2009-12-03

Smenus Wrote:So, my quick addition is suitable for release, I've updated the previous post, but here's the link again.

This addition adds a 'Recently Added Albums' pane to the home screen. It works just like the other panes, and successfully adds the selected album to a playlist and plays it, as you would expect.

I have localised your settings and merged into main mod. It will be included in next release.

Rapier doesn't like 'The Big Picture' - gjlp - 2009-12-03

I love the incredibly stylish and clean Rapier skin. However, my favorite plugin -- the Big Picture fails to work with this skin. I've had no issues with other skins but for some reason, the Big Picture consistently causes XMBC to freeze up when using Rapier. I'd really appreciate it if you could resolve this bug -- it's the only thing that prevents me using Rapier on a regular basis. Thanks for all your work on developing and supporting this skin.

- Smenus - 2009-12-03

gjlp Wrote:I love the incredibly stylish and clean Rapier skin. However, my favorite plugin -- the Big Picture fails to work with this skin. I've had no issues with other skins but for some reason, the Big Picture consistently causes XBMC to freeze up when using Rapier. I'd really appreciate it if you could resolve this bug -- it's the only thing that prevents me using Rapier on a regular basis. Thanks for all your work on developing and supporting this skin.

Hey, I have a feeling that the first thing that you're going to be asked is to provide some more information...
Versions (XBMC, Rapier and the plugin), debug logs, steps to reproduce...

- qualar - 2009-12-03

gjlp Wrote:I love the incredibly stylish and clean Rapier skin. However, my favorite plugin -- the Big Picture fails to work with this skin. I've had no issues with other skins but for some reason, the Big Picture consistently causes XBMC to freeze up when using Rapier. I'd really appreciate it if you could resolve this bug -- it's the only thing that prevents me using Rapier on a regular basis. Thanks for all your work on developing and supporting this skin.

If you tell my where to get this plugin and what it does I will have a look.

- qualar - 2009-12-03

New major update uploaded - Version 2.7

Added completely new animated weather screen. It has conditional weather backgrounds and animated weather icons. This supports Weather and Weather Plus.

Word of warning this is a big download because the download includes, 50mb of conditional weather backgrounds and 10mb of animated icons. If you don't want these extras on your system they can be deleted from the images/backgrounds folder and then disable the animated stuff in skin settings.

Also included recent albums by Smenus and new themes by Wannabegt.

Download

few issues on v2.6.2 - cifa - 2009-12-03

great work on v2.7 - just downloaded and will try out. sounds the business!
noticed a few (font) issues on 2.6.2 last night.
although i am using a slightly different background on these screenshots, i reverted back to your original & tried a different font colour with the same result.
there seems to be missing writing/?font in these sections

missing font_file manager (when selecting a file to move/copy etc)

missing font_music (access via system tab):

missing font_pictures (access via system tab):

I'll have a look & see if this is still the case on v2.7.
qualar, could i request a feature? Is it possible to have an option not to have music in library mode - I much prefer the standard file view. I am pretty sure i can track down that code and 'disable' it - but others may want to keep it.

Your continued & excellent work on this skin is much appreciated. cheers

***edit - same issues that i reported above exist with 2.7 on my xbox.
also - the new weather update working great. They way the weather info is presented is much clearer too. Well done!!

- xbs08 - 2009-12-03

what happens if you click on Music --> Files? Doesn't it takes you to music files?

There's one thing that bugs me in Rapier... the order of the settings items.
It doesn't makes much sense to me to have one of the most used settings in the middle and for ex. programs next to appearence.

I suggest (less used in middle for easy access)

Appearence | Videos | Music | Pictures | Programs | Weather | Network | System

PS. i'm sure users use a lot more appearence & video settings then programs, especialy the non xbox users.