Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes! (/showthread.php?tid=61697)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- iGudi - 2009-11-19

I have it on ultra silent in bios... Smile

- X3lectric - 2009-11-20

erm ok then do you wanna let me in how to get the display configured so I can do:

Code:
nvidia-settings -c :0 -tq GPUCoreTemp

and not get this error.

Code:
ERROR: Cannot open display ':0'.
ERROR: Unable to query attribute GPUCoreTemp specified in query 'GPUCoreTemp' (no Display connection).

Mind this has been issued from remote terminal.
thx

- forumache - 2009-11-21

X3electric,

I run the same command and it worked on mine. (AsRock Ion 330 running Karmic).
I issued the command remotely too (through ssh).

GPU Temperature is 69.

- X3lectric - 2009-11-22

I guess asking for a little guidance back to help out fix mine gets me info on who has it working and not the fix.... is it just me or is that a waste of post?

- forumache - 2009-11-22

X3lectric Wrote:I guess asking for a little guidance back to help out fix mine gets me info on who has it working and not the fix.... is it just me or is that a waste of post?

I did nothing special. It just works out of the box, I did not make special steps so nothing to describe, sorry...

Maybe you would like to try issuing the command locally (i.e. not remotely) just to see if it works that way for you, although I doubt this being the problem.

- X3lectric - 2009-11-22

mmmm Doing it locally makes no difference maybe its your monitor being detected properly & shown in the xorg.conf since mine is that new the edid info just doesn't go there. Never mind no biggie I can find the solution elsewhere. Or linux is just being fussy.

- Abnormal1 - 2009-11-22

For GPU temp is there a reason you can not just use this as your advancedsettings.xml

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <
gputempcommand>echo "$(nvidia-settings -c :0 -tq GPUCoreTemp) C"</gputempcommand>
</
advancedsettings

It seems to work for me in video information and this way I did not need to compile anything.

- X3lectric - 2009-11-22

If you just want the GPU temperature thats fine you can add the cpu if it works for you like shown. So in that case there's no "reason".

For me that does not work anyones noone in Google seems to have a solution. I tried "fixing" it but its not a priority and besides nvclock has super cow powers which I'm not going to get into here since Google does a adequate job. Will add your "tweak" t up, the next set of tweaks when I have a bunch more to post. Erm I mean time...

You can also get temps using
Code:
nvidia-smi -lsa

oops, what's wrong? - shiree1 - 2009-11-23

Abnormal1 Wrote:For GPU temp is there a reason you can not just use this as your advancedsettings.xml

i did it.
karmic x64 with nvidia-glx-185 and xbmc 9.11-beta1(default theme 'confluence')
out of the box, sshed command spits out the gputemp, usually reads 57~59.
but in the SYSTEM INFO page in xbmc, still no gputemp. :confused2:

i'm a total noob with this linux thing and getting tired to make things work. Wink

- X3lectric - 2009-11-25

shiree1 Wrote:i'm a total noob with this linux thing and getting tired to make things work. Wink

Well just follow the guide then and it will work. Wink

I dont care what your level of expertise is or anyone else for that fact, if your curious, can read and google you can suss this out in no time.

It doesnt take much to type the right question into google and invariably since its Linux the way to do something is there.

resolution panasonic x10 - Plexmax - 2009-11-26

hello
I own a plasma 37 "with resolution 1024 * 720 how can I do, because I do not accept this

- X3lectric - 2009-11-27

I have no idea what you cant accept, I dont understand what your trying to say and no idea what the problem if any is.... Your TV resolution is what it is.... HD ready = 720p which is what you have. Posting what you have is absolute nonsense, if this is a language thing well try to explain what you mean better.

- counterpunK - 2009-12-02

Hey hey!

I followed all your tweaks, and had to go through many hoops to get things to work with the sensors.

Eventually I ended up updating my kernel to 2.6.32, and finally could get the sensors to work... Of course at this point, XBMC failed to work altogether (as your posts suggest), but it's good news that sensors have been fixed for the next Ubuntu release. I'm sure there's a way to get XBMC working in .32, it's just beyond me.

I've now reinstalled, and i'm again running into issues with the coretemp.ko file. It gives me a module failure. I am going to keep trying, and will post if I find a way around it.

I am using an ASRock 330 over HDMI and Jaunty/9.04.

**Edit**

Oh ya, and it's much easier to use wget to replace those scripts than to use FTP. The below bash script does most of your steps (as sudo)

#!/bin/bash
apt-get install lm-sensors --assume-yes
cd /usr/sbin
mv sensors-detect sensors-detect-org
wget http://www.lm-sensors.org/svn/lm-sensors/trunk/prog/detect/sensors-detect
cd /ib/modules/2.6.28-16-generic/kernel/drivers/hwmon/
mv coretemp.ko coretemp.ko-org
wget http://mabene.icomedias.com/coretemp.ko
sensors-detect
echo coretemp >> /etc/modules
modprobe coretemp
/etc/init.d/lm-sensors start

an easy way to get this onto your linux box is to SSH into it, and type the following: "nano script.sh". Paste the above script, then hit "CTRL+X". Press "Y" to save. Then type "sudo chmod +x script.sh; sudo ./script.sh"

Hope this helps! I'm still learning, but so far this has been awesome. Thanks for the post!

- X3lectric - 2009-12-03

Did you really follow all the steps described?

Did you add the sources for lm-sensors 3.1.0? You need to you know theres a reason why I posted it... if you use your script without those lm-sensors sources I posted Im pretty sure it will fail.

if you follow that you cannot get it wrong if you do its user error aka PEBKAC.

And yes it works in jaunty

- counterpunK - 2009-12-04

Yes, I really followed all the steps you have entailed. Actually this is the third install i've tried it on. I added the sources first, and it still doesn't work.

It may be user error, but that's not very helpful.

I'm obviously new, but it's also possible that your steps don't work for everybody.

You need to know there's a reason why I posted.