Kodi Community Forum
ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? (/showthread.php?tid=61840)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- X3lectric - 2009-12-24

This is truly offtopic now I don't recall insulting anyone, by definition I have however been quite insulted, from words like rude, arrogant a few of the adjectives used to describe me and some of my posts.

If someone has felt insulted by my use of the words blind, maybe I should have said visually impaired, is that more politically correct? (not that I care much for politics)! If anyone felt insulted by my posts please come forth and accept, my apologies... But dont forget its a two way road life.

If you guys now want to continue with real posts instead of finding adjectives to describe someone, if anything I'm sarcastic I enjoy it, and though its generally considered a lower form of wit, think of it this way, Windows is to wit what Linux is to sarcasm. Its cleaner, more efficient, low resource hog and more user friendly*.

hint *skills required:

Google Jedi Master

- rjwang - 2009-12-25

The newest official CIR Linux driver is on Asrock's site now. Please refer the following link: http://www.asrock.com/Nettop/download.asp?Model=ION%20330HT&o=All

This release solved the bug that system couldn't power on by remote after the driver installed. Please don't bother the Nuvoton guy further. He just wants to help this problem, but he isn't in charge of this driver. If you have any problem about ION330-HT's driver, please contact Asrock's TSD.

- X3lectric - 2009-12-25

Well it seems that nuvoton did some work on drivers since I received first batch 4 days ago, one driver down one to go these drivers were for the NCT6775F. though I doubt it has anything to do with the bootup since it reads no drivers from anywhere especially lirc it's a keyboard emulation it uses for booting.

You also be glad to see a Bios update from version 1.00 to version 1.10 after moaning and groaning to asrock about the bios bugs let's see if its fixed now... one of the bugs is how it only did the keyboard emulation for booting the system.

I know nuvoton is now working or will soon start with the lirc project to integrate these onto lirc. Since as they are wont be much help to the lirc developers.

W83677HG-I Still missing drivers but I doubt many of you wont will notice it. This has been flagged already with asrock and nuvoton in case anyone is wondering that last chip is for lm-sensors, it can show all voltages and even allow fan control amongst other things.

- Wingie - 2009-12-25

Just updated the bios and the driver, power down to suspend (that's what I choose in my xbmc setup) works and bringing it out of suspend too BUT after this I get no picture on my screen (HDMI connected) and have to go to a terminal (blind typing), login and reboot the system.

This no screen appears to me often when my tv is not set to HDMI 1 and receiver to dvd (that are both the inputs i'm using)

Anyoine who knows how to bring up the hdmi signal after coming back from suspend?

- andyjayh - 2009-12-25

Just upgraded my lirc drivers and it works well Big Grin Can now power on and off the ASRock no problem at all Cool Only trouble I have now is that I can put it into suspend and take it out with the remote, making no alterations to files, when it comes out of suspend the remote no longer works Sad If I can fix that one then it is perfect Big Grin

Any ideas as to what bugs the BIOS upgrade fixes?

- X3lectric - 2009-12-26

lirc on resume script issue already posted and resolved.

- andyjayh - 2009-12-26

Ah, I may of misunderstood your resume script X3, I thought it was to ensure the remote would bring the ASRock out of standby by forcing a change to the "wakeup" file and keeping the CIR as enabled?

If it is to enable the remote to function when the ASRock comes out of standby then you have resolved my last issue, and many thanks to that man Big Grin

I will go and re-read you script details now

- LogicalShrapnel - 2009-12-26

X3lectric Wrote:lirc on resume script issue already posted and resolved.

I am experiencing this exact problem. I knew I had read this post and I was been up and down the thread twice without finding it. I was about to post a comment asking someone to help me look but went and did a final search. Here is the wiki page with details for anyone else looking:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Automatic_lirc_resume_script

Off to try it out!

- keoma - 2009-12-26

replace
lircDriver=$(dmesg | grep usbcore | grep -i 'lirc' | sed -e "s/.* \(lirc*\)/\1/" | head -n 1)

with
lircDriver=lirc_wb677

works for me

- LogicalShrapnel - 2009-12-27

keoma Wrote:replace
lircDriver=$(dmesg | grep usbcore | grep -i 'lirc' | sed -e "s/.* \(lirc*\)/\1/" | head -n 1)

with
lircDriver=lirc_wb677

works for me

That did the trick for me too! Thanks!

For reference, there is no match for lirc when using usbcore (probably since the internal IR is not on USB)
Code:
root@XBMC:~# dmesg | grep usbcore
[    0.484150] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[    0.484150] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[    0.484165] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[    2.305876] usbcore: registered new interface driver hiddev
[    2.312890] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid

It does show up though:
Code:
root@XBMC:~# dmesg | grep lirc
[   14.438972] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
[   14.444483] lirc_wb677 w677hga: chip id high: 0xb4
[   14.444500] lirc_wb677 w677hga: chip id low: 0x73 expect:0x73
[   14.510465] lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 0
[  653.476453] lirc_wb667_cir 00:04: disabled
[  658.975358] lirc_wb667_cir 00:04: activated
[  658.975378] lirc_wb677 w677hga: chip id high: 0xb4
[  658.975388] lirc_wb677 w677hga: chip id low: 0x73 expect:0x73
[  658.975769] lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 0
[  659.530667] lirc_wb667_cir 00:04: disabled
[  659.594040] lirc_wb667_cir 00:04: activated
[  659.594119] lirc_wb677 w677hga: chip id high: 0xb4
[  659.594132] lirc_wb677 w677hga: chip id low: 0x73 expect:0x73
[  659.594600] lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 0

Anyway, just apply the change keoma suggested if it doesn't work for you initially. It's not as generic, but since you know which driver to use it doesn't really matter.

- jpterj - 2009-12-28

Hi.

I am trying to get this remote/IR-receiver to work under OpenSUSE 11.2 but have some problems.

The binary lirc_wb677.ko supplied is compiled on a slightly newer version of the kernel so I had to compile it myself. According to modinfo only the vermagic attribute seems to differ.
Self compiled:
Code:
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.31.5-0.1-default/updates/lirc_wb677/lirc_wb677.ko
license:        GPL
author:
description:    LIRC driver for Winbond W83677HG CIR
srcversion:     05F8848914AD40BBC9300C1
alias:          acpi*:NTN0530:*
alias:          pnp:dNTN0530*
alias:          acpi*:WEC0530:*
alias:          pnp:dWEC0530*
depends:        lirc_dev
vermagic:       2.6.31.5-0.1-default SMP mod_unload modversions 586TSC
parm:           DRVNAME:Device file name in /dev/ and /sys/class/. (charp)
parm:           CIR_BASE:Base IO port address of 667 CIR device. (ushort)
parm:           CIR_IRQ_NUM:IRQ number for 667 CIR device. (ushort)
parm:           CIR_WAKE_BASE:Base IO port address of 667 CIR WAKE device. (ushort)
parm:           CIR_WAKE_IRQ_NUM:IRQ number for 667 CIR WAKE device. (ushort)
parm:           nopnp:Scan for device instead of relying on PNP. (default 0) (uint)
Binary:
Code:
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.31.5-0.1-default/updates/lirc_wb677/lirc_wb677.ko
license:        GPL
author:
description:    LIRC driver for Winbond W83677HG CIR
srcversion:     05F8848914AD40BBC9300C1
alias:          acpi*:NTN0530:*
alias:          pnp:dNTN0530*
alias:          acpi*:WEC0530:*
alias:          pnp:dWEC0530*
depends:        lirc_dev
vermagic:       2.6.31-14-generic SMP mod_unload modversions 586
parm:           DRVNAME:Device file name in /dev/ and /sys/class/. (charp)
parm:           CIR_BASE:Base IO port address of 667 CIR device. (ushort)
parm:           CIR_IRQ_NUM:IRQ number for 667 CIR device. (ushort)
parm:           CIR_WAKE_BASE:Base IO port address of 667 CIR WAKE device. (ushort)
parm:           CIR_WAKE_IRQ_NUM:IRQ number for 667 CIR WAKE device. (ushort)
parm:           nopnp:Scan for device instead of relying on PNP. (default 0) (uint)
The problems I have is that with the supplied lircd.conf file irw does not return anything when pressing keys on the remote.

When trying to use irrecord to make a lircd.conf it seems to work until it checks for toggle bitmask. Then it says: No toggle bit mask found.
But I know for sure that RC6 has a toggle bit!

If I remove all codes from the suppled lircd.conf and use it as a template for irrecord I can record all buttons with what seems to be reasonable values, but when using the resulting lircd.conf file with lirc irw still does not make any output.

So my question to you who have it working, which of the three remotes defined in the supplied lircd.conf is actually used?

- marathont - 2009-12-29

keoma Wrote:replace

with
lircDriver=lirc_wb677

works for me

I tried this as well, and it seemed to work. But now there is another problem.

The first time I try to suspend, it works and I can successfully resume using the remote.

But after that, every time I try to suspend(via remote or menu), it shuts down, but immediately resumes itself.

- andyjayh - 2009-12-29

marathont Wrote:I tried this as well, and it seemed to work. But now there is another problem.

The first time I try to suspend, it works and I can successfully resume using the remote.

But after that, every time I try to suspend(via remote or menu), it shuts down, but immediately resumes itself.

Ah, I'm not the only one with this problem then Big Grin Mine acts in the same way and i can't work it out??

- X3lectric - 2009-12-30

Maybe something is wrong...

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# This script uses curl. Install curl using the following command from your terminal apt-get install curl
# This script will restart lirc drivers, Lirc, and XBMC's lirc interperater upon resume.

case "$1" in  
    resume)
        lircDriver=lirc_wb677
         curl "[url]http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds[/url] /xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuilt&Inparameter=LIRC.Stop"
        /etc/init.d/lirc stop
        rmmod [b][color=SeaGreen]lirc_wb677[/color][/b]
        modprobe [color=SeaGreen][b]lirc_wb677[/b][/color]
        /etc/init.d/lirc start
[color=Red][b]        #remove the comment if the computer automatically sleeps after resume
        #irw & sleep 1; killall irw[/b][/color]
        curl "[url]http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=LIRC.Start[/url]"
        echo "lirc resume script completed!!!" >>/tmp/script.log
    ;;
esac
So as you see the green/red part may need in some cases to be modified accordingly if your no longer using the mainline, I'm pretty sure you guys can take it from here there should be somewhere some command you modify again in the red part like the lirc_wb677 line at the beginning.

Works like a charm - Winis - 2009-12-30

DonĀ“t know if anyone of you have checked recently, but there is now a linux driver for the remote available at Asrocks homepage.

I have just installed Ubuntu 9.10 x64 on my 330HT and installed xbmc after that (according to the guide posted here). Installed Nvidia drivers and then the remote drivers.
Works great and I have sound on the HDMI to.

Only waitng for Voddler to be available for linux and implemented to XBMC Huh

Running Win7 Prem to on the box too for Mediacenter, spotify and Voddler.