Kodi Community Forum
ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? (/showthread.php?tid=61840)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- X3lectric - 2010-01-27

andyblac Wrote:does not work for me, my asrock will NOT stay asleep, after 1st supend and wake, any ideas ?

Not sure if what your saying but it seems thta the lirc resume script needs un-commenting some of its parts.

- andyblac - 2010-01-27

X3lectric Wrote:Not sure if what your saying but it seems thta the lirc resume script needs un-commenting some of its parts.

the problem i have is this when i put my ASRock 330HT to suspend.

1) click shutdown from menu (with system setting set to suspend) or power button on remote
2) my asrock goes to sleep and stays asleep
3) press power button on remote to wake the asrock
4) the asrock awaken's and remote works perfectly
5) again click shutdown or press power on remote.
6) the asrock goes to suspend, but this time it wakes straight up, will not stay asleep, nor does subsequent tries to suspend.

- Novin - 2010-01-27

andyblac Wrote:the problem i have is this when i put my ASRock 330HT to suspend.

1) click shutdown from menu (with system setting set to suspend) or power button on remote
2) my asrock goes to sleep and stays asleep
3) press power button on remote to wake the asrock
4) the asrock awaken's and remote works perfectly
5) again click shutdown or press power on remote.
6) the asrock goes to suspend, but this time it wakes straight up, will not stay asleep, nor does subsequent tries to suspend.

I added a script to remove the kernel module (not sure of the name, cannot access my system right now) before suspend and now it works great. So the script does lirc stop + modprobe -r of the module.

Module is then re-inserted and lirc restarted when it resumes with the lirc resume script found on xbmc Wiki (which I had to modify to find the correct IR module).

- X3lectric - 2010-01-28

@ andyblac

Right I see so you are suspending system right after you have resumed which may on the second run may actually stumble over itself.

What I would do is presuming you have your lirc resume script installed and running un-comment

Code:
#remove the comment if the computer automatically sleeps after resume
#irw & sleep 1; killall irw

While the intended use of irw & sleep 1; killall irw is to stop the system to go to sleep it is actually really just stopping any further action...

when you type irw and press a button you get 3 outputs per key press so try that out if the issue still remains you can always comment that back up.

Side note try making use of xbmc instead of suspending>resume ok>suspend straight after its not really normal usage to be sat there playing with suspend and resume until it breaks, may I remind all of you guys that HT lirc drivers are still buggy, on version 1.0.2 I found the hard way how to fry a CIR header by using those drivers and lower the keypress repetition.

@ nuovin

if your going to post one of your "solutions" please ensure that you are taking into account all you have installed your own system config against someone else's system (which may be and will be very different from yours). You get these "solutions" out but leave out a crucial step.

I also found this the hard way from you on a different matter where you left out the install of Linux source and build-essential in order to perform one of your how to's. Im still traumatized by the accusation I cant copy and paste.

- andyblac - 2010-01-28

X3lectric Wrote:@ andyblac

Right I see so you are suspending system right after you have resumed which may on the second run may actually stumble over itself.

What I would do is presuming you have your lirc resume script installed and running un-comment

Code:
#remove the comment if the computer automatically sleeps after resume
#irw & sleep 1; killall irw
While the intended use of irw & sleep 1; killall irw is to stop the system to go to sleep it is actually really just stopping any further action...

when you type irw and press a button you get 3 outputs per key press so try that out if the issue still remains you can always comment that back up.

Side note try making use of xbmc instead of suspending>resume ok>suspend straight after its not really normal usage to be sat there playing with suspend and resume until it breaks, may I remind all of you guys that HT lirc drivers are still buggy, on version 1.0.2 I found the hard way how to fry a CIR header by using those drivers and lower the keypress repetition.

thanks for trying to help, but that does not work either. it still just wakes after first try, even if i play a movie or tv episode first before trying to suspend for the 2nd time.

- X3lectric - 2010-01-29

That is really odd, maybe you would like to have a look at better parameters for the lirc script instead of using the uncommented stuff its mentioned perhaps theres a specific opposite command? food for thought perhaps?

Try IRC Lirc channel or similar ubuntu IRC support they only help with the obvious stuff's real questions get shunted.

I am convinced the uncommented line you tried must be altered accordingly to counter what is happening. That's all I can suggest for now. Sry it didn't fix your issue. When I have more time I can try to reproduce your problem and look for a fix but as is no such issue is present on my setup.

- andyblac - 2010-01-29

X3lectric Wrote:That is really odd, maybe you would like to have a look at better parameters for the lirc script instead of using the uncommented stuff its mentioned perhaps theres a specific opposite command? food for thought perhaps?

Try IRC Lirc channel or similar ubuntu IRC support they only help with the obvious stuff's real questions get shunted.

I am convinced the uncommented line you tried must be altered accordingly to counter what is happening. That's all I can suggest for now. Sry it didn't fix your issue. When I have more time I can try to reproduce your problem and look for a fix but as is no such issue is present on my setup.

thanks that would be great. for now i am just do a full shutdown, and i have rewrote my own script that stops and starts the lirc driver it works to get the remote working after a wake up, maybe when you have a chance give it a try on your own system to see what happens.

place the script in : /etc/pm/sleep.d/

file name "10-lirc.sh"
PHP Code:
#!/bin/sh
# Disconnect XBMC from lirc and stop the daemon

case "$1" in
hibernate
|suspend)
service lirc stop
;;
thaw|resume)
service lirc start
;;
*) exit 
$NA
;;
esac 
and place /etc/pm/config.d/

file name "01lirc_module"
PHP Code:
SUSPEND_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_wb677" 

- X3lectric - 2010-01-29

There's a novel idea... Haven't tried it yet will report back when I have.

I guess what remains to be said about your solution for now mainly for everyone else is that I presume the original resume script must be removed, I cant imagine them side by side.

- andyblac - 2010-01-29

X3lectric Wrote:There's a novel idea... Haven't tried it yet will report back when I have.

I guess what remains to be said about your solution for now mainly for everyone else is that I presume the original resume script must be removed, I cant imagine them side by side.

correct Smile

- jonn - 2010-01-29

Hi guys,

Sorry to ask a random question, but it seemed that this was the best thread for it...

With the stock Asrock remote that comes with the 330, does that power on/off the system when it is fully powered down? (ie not suspended, in sleep, hibernate etc)

- Fjerpje - 2010-01-29

Novin Wrote:I added a script to remove the kernel module (not sure of the name, cannot access my system right now) before suspend and now it works great. So the script does lirc stop + modprobe -r of the module.

Module is then re-inserted and lirc restarted when it resumes with the lirc resume script found on xbmc Wiki (which I had to modify to find the correct IR module).

I got the exact same problem. The point is that the IR receiver seems to react to IR signals coming from the TV. Because if i put my Asrock to another location it does not have the problem of restarting after the second suspend.

- BugBoy - 2010-01-30

@andyblac: I have exactly the same problem as you. I don't think it is related to the remote control.

I performed the following steps:
1) Rebooted the ASRock and connected using SSH.
2) Stopped LIRC (/etc/init.d/lirc stop and rmmod lirc_wb677).
3) Enter sleep mode (/etc/acpi/sleep.sh).
4) Wakeup the Asrock using the remote (this is a BIOS feature, so it also works without LIRC).
5) Stopped LIRC again (/etc/init.d/lirc stop and rmmod lirc_wb677).
6) Enter sleep mode (/etc/acpi/sleep.sh).

The Asrock will get back from sleep mode, right after it was sleeping.

New drivers - salata - 2010-01-30

Hello,
just curious, do you know that driver 1.0.4 is out and seems to be working ? Finally Asrock solved the most annoynig issue.

Regards
Salata

- Niklas-P - 2010-01-30

mode2 -d /dev/lirc0 gives output but not irw?

Ive 2nd gen Asrock 330HT with built-in IR-reciver and Asrock's included Remote Control ASRock TSGV-IR01

lircd.conf (include /usr/share/lirc/remotes/lirc_wb677/lircd.conf.wb677)
http://pastebin.com/f2db294d4

hardware.conf
http://pastebin.com/d5c485ec4

Ive have followed X3lectric's guide for driver installation.

Please help me!

Best Regards
Niklas

- BugBoy - 2010-01-31

I now use the v1.0.4 driver, but I still have the problem that the system can only sleep normally one time :-(