Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Lyrics Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=146)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon (/showthread.php?tid=62853)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- amet - 2010-05-13

I have never tried using it on Aeon, you could try it and let us know Smile

- theironyuppie - 2010-05-19

is this script supposed to scroll lyrics?
mine seems to download and save them as .txt files rather than .lrc and just displays them as static lyrics in xbmc rather than highlighting the current line and scrolling thru.
this happens even when i have allow scrolling allowed in the script settings.
can someone please help?

- amet - 2010-05-19

theironyuppie Wrote:is this script supposed to scroll lyrics?
mine seems to download and save them as .txt files rather than .lrc and just displays them as static lyrics in xbmc rather than highlighting the current line and scrolling thru.
this happens even when i have allow scrolling allowed in the script settings.
can someone please help?

its not supposed to scroll the lyrics, txt lyrics dont have timestamps and there is no way for script to accurately display it in sync.

- theironyuppie - 2010-05-19

Amet Wrote:its not supposed to scroll the lyrics, txt lyrics dont have timestamps and there is no way for script to accurately display it in sync.

ok thanks.

- purplegreendave - 2010-05-20

I'm not sure where this has gone wrong, here's the tail end of my .log:
Code:
EDIT: removed c/p debug log

- amet - 2010-05-20

purplegreendave Wrote:I'm not sure where this has gone wrong, here's the tail end of my .log:
Code:
removed c/p debug log

looks like you deleted settings.xml somehow. reinstall the script and all should be fine.

Zeljko

- purplegreendave - 2010-05-20

Amet Wrote:looks like you deleted settings.xml somehow. reinstall the script and all should be fine.

Zeljko

I don't get the error anymore, but I also don't see the lyrics.
Is there actually a way of making them appear or should they overlay the visualiser?
I haven't found a userguide for the script anywhere...

- amet - 2010-05-20

purplegreendave Wrote:I don't get the error anymore, but I also don't see the lyrics.
what do you see? post the full debug log on pastebin.com , do not copy paste it in the forum thread. see my signature for how to.

purplegreendave Wrote:Is there actually a way of making them appear or should they overlay the visualiser?

you need to enable lyrics button in skins setting page, after that you activate the script by pushing the button while playing the song. it would appear on top of the visualizer

purplegreendave Wrote:I haven't found a userguide for the script anywhere...

above is all you need to get it to work.

- ZorMonkey - 2010-05-28

Huh, I could have sworn that I was subscribed to this thread. Thought everyone forgot about it. Smile

I still haven't gotten CU Lyrics to reliably detect song changes. But, I stopped touching CU Lyrics after the Addons merge started, way back in March. I found that, at least back then, it was impossible for a script to accurately detect song changes. I knew how to fix it (needed a patch to XBMC itself), but when the Addons merge started it was impossible to even run CU Lyrics (or any other script) on bleeding edge builds, so I had to stop. Hopefully they'll finish merging soon. When they're done, if detecting song changes reliably is still impossible, I'll submit another patch to fix it and maybe someday we'll have a reliable lyrics script. Smile

- paco - 2010-06-10

I just tried the latest nightly with CU Lyrics 0.8.5. For the most part everything works very well. I did notice one change in functionality from the previous versions. In the pre-addon releases, CU Lyrics would display embedded lyrics BEFORE downloading lyrics. This version ignores the embedded lyrics and just downloads them from lyrics wiki. Can an option be added in the 'configure' section to display embedded lyrics first? The reason I ask is because in the past 6 months lyrics.wikia.com has taken down many lyrics (you get a partial lyric with a Gracenote takedown notice). Bryan Adams, Led Zeppelin, Queen, The Who, etc... all have this problem.

- amet - 2010-06-10

paco Wrote:I just tried the latest nightly with CU Lyrics 0.8.5. For the most part everything works very well. I did notice one change in functionality from the previous versions. In the pre-addon releases, CU Lyrics would display embedded lyrics BEFORE downloading lyrics. This version ignores the embedded lyrics and just downloads them from lyrics wiki. Can an option be added in the 'configure' section to display embedded lyrics first? The reason I ask is because in the past 6 months lyrics.wikia.com has taken down many lyrics (you get a partial lyric with a Gracenote takedown notice). Bryan Adams, Led Zeppelin, Queen, The Who, etc... all have this problem.

script now saves lyrics to /userdata/addon_data/script.cu.lyrics instead of /userdata/script data/CU Lyrics

move everything from /userdata/addon_data/script.cu.lyrics to /userdata/script data/CU Lyrics and it should display it as before

- paco - 2010-06-11

Amet Wrote:script now saves lyrics to /userdata/addon_data/script.cu.lyrics instead of /userdata/script data/CU Lyrics

move everything from /userdata/addon_data/script.cu.lyrics to /userdata/script data/CU Lyrics and it should display it as before

Thank you for the reply but I believe you misunderstood the issue. On a clean install (no lyrics saved to profile), the older CU Lyrics displayed the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag from MP3's first. As an example, I can do a clean install of the older XBMC & CU Lyrics, launch using -p (self-contained profile), play Bryan Adams' "Run To You" and CU Lyrics will show the lyrics embedded inside the MP3 instead of the ones available at lyrics.wikia (which have been taken down by Gracenote). The latest version of CU Lyrics ignores the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag in MP3s.

Need help with lyrics script - GermanKraut77 - 2010-06-19

Hi,

i downloaded the newest version of script.cu.lyrics and put the extracted dir into Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\Addons.
How can i activate the lyrics script?
When pressing C on a song and selection "Song Information" i can't spot a lyrics button. Please give me some advice on that matter.

One other thing. When updating addons e.g. Last.FM. What is the way to go? Normally i put addons in Appdate\Roaming\XBMC\Addons. But if an addon is already available in the built itself? In this case the outdated Last.FM scraper was installed in C:\Programs\XBMC\Addons. Should i delete and replace Last.FM under C:\Programs\XBMC\Addons?
I'm really a bit confused right now. Smile

Please give me some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

PS: What an awesome media center. Today i integrated all of my albums in library mode. Wicked.... Smile I love you guys. This is meant in a non-gayish fashion. Wink

- amet - 2010-06-19

you need to select script.cu.lyrics in System->Skin->Addon Scripts->Enable Lyrics in Music OSD

you should use the XBMC.org Add-ons repo to install the addons, that way you will have the latest and greatest all the time.

- GermanKraut77 - 2010-06-19

Good evenin,

thanks for the hint. I'm using AEON Showmix. Couldnt find the Addon Scrips OSD setting. Changed back to Confluence and enabled they way you suggested. Do i have to trigger the lyrics?
When im listening to a song no lyrics pop up although i enabled the lyrics script.

Quote:you should use the XBMC.org Add-ons repo to install the addons, that way you will have the latest and greatest all the time.
Please don't hit me. Smile XBMC.org Add-ons repo?
The site ppl suggested using for xbmc is the following ->Click me.

Is that the one you meant?

Greetings