Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- PiNCH - 2010-11-30

Just a quick question: is it possible to keep the release group in the filename after SB renames them? Like S01E01.Pilot-ILL.avi?

I'm not (necessarily) looking for a reply with a guide - if it's possible, I'll start reading up on this thread assuming a guide is in here Wink

EDIT: Oh, another question: is it possible to specify the season folder? As I get it, SB will scan the season folders correctly, but won't adhere to them.

At the moment I have this setup:
\Show\Season.02.HDTV.XviD\S02E01-ILL.avi - and all files in the folder will be scanned correctly in SB.

But if I download a new episode, SB will either create:
\Show\Season 2\S02E02.avi or \Show\S02E02.avi - depending on whether season folders in SB is checked or not.

Is there any way of avoiding this? I.e make SB place new episodes in the season folder that's already been created?

Again, I'm not searching for a reply with a guide - just a yes or no, I should be able to find the solution myself if it's possible Smile

- PiNCH - 2010-12-01

I've been playing with SB for some time now and it's great! It does what it's intended to do, but as my previous post tells, I can't get SB to sort the way I want it to.

I'll give a quick explanation on how I sort my shows, so you know why I'm suggesting this: most of my downloads are scene releases and I hate neglecting any info that came with the release (not counting the .nfo).
To keep all info I put all common denominators at the lowest level possible: for me, a season will always have the same Format, Source and Encoding, so the release "FlashForward.S01E09.iNTERNAL.720p.HDTV.x264-PiX" final destination would be \FlashForward\Season.01.720p.HDTV.x264\S01E09-PiX.mkv (I don't care about "internal", but SB should!).

I know we all have our way of doing it and I'm not asking midgetspy to cater to my needs, so this is my suggestion: since scene releases ALWAYS contain format (unless content is SD), source, encoding and release group, why not have SB recognize this? If it did this, searches and sorting could (in the long run) be made to meet anyone's needs!

A list of matches for format, source and encoding could easily be made, and release group could be defined as anything after the last "-" in the release name (release group is important if you ever need subs for a show).

And just a quick comment about internals (I got the release example from reading [url="http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=169]this[/url]): when a group releases an internal, it's usually because the initial scene release follows the scene rules (and thus can't be propered), but can be improved - SB should therefor prioritize in the order: initial release<internal<proper Smile

- daemox - 2010-12-01

daemox Wrote:Introduction

Greetings, I am pleased to announce starting immediately a fundraising raffle for one ASUS RT-N16 router (MSRP $99) fully loaded with TomatoUSB firmware has begun.

The router is brand new and has only been gently removed from the packaging to ensure that it is functional from the store and to load TomatoUSB on it.

All proceeds, one-hundred percent, are going straight to Sick Beard the Internet PVR FOSS project featured here at Ainer.org and SpaceMonkeyNet.org.

The SABnzbd+ Usenet client FOSS project was also approached but they have graciously declined so that the funds could go toward the newer of the two projects.

For the rest of the details visit my site at http://www.ainer.org/?p=1040.

Just a few hours before this is closed for anyone that's interested in getting in!

- havix - 2010-12-01

First of all I want to say thank you for this software. It's awesome!

Second I had a question. How are people figuring out what content is new and what content is upgraded to a higher quality? The scenario being that I've just downloaded over 200GB of episodes through a backlog search and it automatically sorted them. Now my wife is trying to figure out what is new to watch in XBMC. Mainly she wants to watch episodes that I was missing in my library and doesn't care about the higher quality episodes. I see I can get a list of downloaded files from either Sickbeard of SABNZB+ but neither of these tells me which ones were missing episodes that were downloaded. Any thoughts?

Searches end up empty - Smobbo - 2010-12-02

I think i'm doing something wrong (probably)...

I have set SB to work with both SABnzbd+ and torrents (through uTorrent).
If i download a torrent to the desired folder it gets picked up by uTorrent.
If i download a .nzb-file to the desired folder it gets picked up by SABnzdb+.

However if i do a search in SB it comes up empty on the results, the searches are to specific.

For example the results after pressing the search button in the show 'The Mentalist' for the episode 'Red Moon', which is S03E09

Code:
Dec-02 18:57:32 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: No downloads were found
Dec-02 18:57:32 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching Bin-Req for The.Mentalist.S03E09
Dec-02 18:57:32 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching Womble's Index for The.Mentalist.S03E09
Dec-02 18:57:18 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching EZTV for The.Mentalist.S03E09
Dec-02 18:57:18 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching EZTV@BT-Chat for The.Mentalist.S03E09
Dec-02 18:57:18 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching NZBs'R'US for The.Mentalist.S03E09
Dec-02 18:57:18 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching for The.Mentalist.S03E09
Dec-02 18:57:18 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching for download for The.Mentalist.S03E09

What did i do wrong (which setting to change Wink)...?

Any help is much appriciated, since the idea of this program working is simply brilliant Big Grin!

- ECEC - 2010-12-02

havix Wrote:First of all I want to say thank you for this software. It's awesome!

Second I had a question. How are people figuring out what content is new and what content is upgraded to a higher quality? The scenario being that I've just downloaded over 200GB of episodes through a backlog search and it automatically sorted them. Now my wife is trying to figure out what is new to watch in XBMC. Mainly she wants to watch episodes that I was missing in my library and doesn't care about the higher quality episodes. I see I can get a list of downloaded files from either Sickbeard of SABNZB+ but neither of these tells me which ones were missing episodes that were downloaded. Any thoughts?

I was actually thinking about this last night, as I was scrolling through the recent TV shows in Alaska. There were lots and lots of Twin Peaks eps that it recently grabbed, but what I really wanted was the stuff that recently aired. I was thinking about making a feature request to see if it's possible from a skin perspective.

- cryodream - 2010-12-02

Hi,
I wanted to try out SickBeard, but can't even start it up Sad

Downloaded SickBeard-win32-alpha-build467.zip from http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/downloads/list, unpacked it. Tried launching SickBeard.exe and browser gives me this error:
Code:
500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 660, in respond
  File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyo", line 193, in __call__
  File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
  File "sickbeard\webserve.pyo", line 1331, in index
  File "sickbeard\webserve.pyo", line 86, in __init__
  File "Cheetah\Template.pyo", line 1244, in __init__
  File "Cheetah\Template.pyo", line 1541, in _compile
  File "__Programs__SickBeard_win32_alpha_build467_data_interfaces_default_home_tmpl.py", line 60, in __init__
NameError: global name '_Programs__SickBeard_win32_alpha_build467_data_interfaces_default_home_tmpl__Programs__SickBeard_win32_alpha_build467_data_interfaces_default_home_tmpl' is not defined