Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Metsadah - 2011-01-16

Ok, since I updated to 473 sickbeard got completely useless to me. When I download files and let sickbeard move them to my new folders it doesnt chmod them to 0777 so I can't see any new added files in my folder and xbmc doesnt update anything.

Sabnzbd is configured correctly with the 0777 added in the ini file (just checked), so that cant be it. Anybody any ideas? Im probably going back to 472 to see if that fixes the problem.

I also have this problem with couchpotato btw, but didnt have it with sickbeard until now. I dont want sabnzbd to do all the renaming and moving of the files.

- aptalca - 2011-01-16

thezoggy Wrote:go to your tv show folder, folder.jpg or cover.jpg is what sickbeard currently uses for the coming ep page. if the images' width > height.. you should use banner layout.. if height > width then use poster layout. if your image is a square.. well your SOL. I have xbmc confluence d/l my metadata.. which are banners.. so i use the banner layout. using the poster layout means my images get squished. there is a list view being added next week which doesnt use the metadata.. you might be best off using that one.

I actually don't have any pics under the tv show folder. The only metadata I have is downloaded by xbmc and kept in separate folders.

Sickbeard must be getting these images on the fly from thetvdb and it is getting the fanart images, which don't fit either the poster or the banner aspect ratio.

- cosmicr - 2011-01-16

thezoggy Wrote:it's because the backlog was redone, now it's per show/season vs global. read this:
http://www.sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=812

aha, so it is - thanks for that!

- Metsadah - 2011-01-16

Ok, the post processing isnt working for me on my windows 7 machine. In sabnzbd it says the following after using the sabtosickbeard.exe as script:

Code:
Renaming file F:\downloads\TV\Survivor S18E07 720p HDTV x264 ORENJi\survivor.s18e07.720p.hdtv.x264-orenji.mkv to F:\downloads\TV\Survivor S18E07 720p HDTV x264 ORENJi\Survivor - S18E07 - One of Those 'Coach Moments'.mkv

After renaming the new file path is F:\downloads\TV\Survivor S18E07 720p HDTV x264 ORENJi\Survivor - S18E07 - One of Those 'Coach Moments'.mkv

Destination folder for this episode: F:\Series\Survivor\Season 18

Moving file from F:\downloads\TV\Survivor S18E07 720p HDTV x264 ORENJi\Survivor - S18E07 - One of Those 'Coach Moments'.mkv to F:\Series\Survivor\Season 18\Survivor - S18E07 - One of Those 'Coach Moments'.mkv

Processing succeeded for F:\downloads\TV\Survivor S18E07 720p HDTV x264 ORENJi\survivor.s18e07.720p.hdtv.x264-orenji.mkv

Deleting folder F:\downloads\TV\Survivor S18E07 720p HDTV x264 ORENJi

After that I cant see the file whenever I try to approach it via smb://sharename/series, doesnt matter if thats on my macbook or on xbmc. The file is not visible. If I let sabnzbd do the renaming and moving it is no problem, but I'd prefer to let sickbeard handle all the files. It's like there is something wrong with the rights of the file but its windows so I cant chmod it to 0777.

At first I had this problem with sabnzbd as well, but after changing the permissions in the ini file to 0777 it worked. Since the new 473 update I have the problem with sickbeard. I tried everything (logging on as a different user or admin, changing the rights, resharing) but nothing works. Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

- vinistois - 2011-01-17

that's a weird issue. I've just finished setting up a couple new computers with sab and sickbeard and did not experience any permissions issues. Maybe there is something else going on outside of sickbeard/sab that is affecting your setup.

- Smobbo - 2011-01-17

midgetspy Wrote:Clear your cache you newbs (Shift+Refresh or Ctrl+F5).

Euh, i must really be a noob Wink. Cache clearing doesn't work.
It shows SickBeard in very basic looks. Just hyperlinks in blue and the rest is all black and white (and not fitted properly).

I still really like the program (since it simply rocks), but i hope you'll be able to pinpoint the problem so i can fix it Wink

- vinistois - 2011-01-17

Smobbo Wrote:Euh, i must really be a noob Wink. Cache clearing doesn't work.
It shows SickBeard in very basic looks. Just hyperlinks in blue and the rest is all black and white (and not fitted properly).

I still really like the program (since it simply rocks), but i hope you'll be able to pinpoint the problem so i can fix it Wink

Mine looks like that after I update, a simple refresh of the page fixes it.

As Midgetspy said, just clear your cache properly, it should work. Try it in another browser, and see what it looks like.

- Metsadah - 2011-01-17

vinistois Wrote:that's a weird issue. I've just finished setting up a couple new computers with sab and sickbeard and did not experience any permissions issues. Maybe there is something else going on outside of sickbeard/sab that is affecting your setup.

probably, I cant find anybody else with this problem. But I'm running out of options here. I have no idea what to do to fix this problem except let sabnzbd do the file handling. Its even more weird considering that it worked flawless until I updated to 473. But a downgrade doesnt help.

- thezoggy - 2011-01-17

aptalca Wrote:I actually don't have any pics under the tv show folder. The only metadata I have is downloaded by xbmc and kept in separate folders.

Sickbeard must be getting these images on the fly from thetvdb and it is getting the fanart images, which don't fit either the poster or the banner aspect ratio.

it's pulled on the fly from your metadata, folder/cover.jpg. eventually there is a plan to just pull these down from thetvdb/fanart/your own source and cache them just for sickbeard to use. but this is way down the road as that means having to add an image library to sickbeard to handle the image stuff...

- DDM123 - 2011-01-17

Maybe I'm just missing something, but is there a way to have SB add a show and create a folder in the default directory? I know I can put a full path in there and have it work, but it seems silly. I assume almost all of us keep their TV shows in one directory, so I don't see much point.

Also, I'm setting up SB on a non-computer-savvy person's computer, and I bet he'd forget to type in "/media/video/TV/A Show"

- thezoggy - 2011-01-17

DDM123 Wrote:Maybe I'm just missing something, but is there a way to have SB add a show and create a folder in the default directory? I know I can put a full path in there and have it work, but it seems silly. I assume almost all of us keep their TV shows in one directory, so I don't see much point.

Also, I'm setting up SB on a non-computer-savvy person's computer, and I bet he'd forget to type in "/media/video/TV/A Show"

This will be added soon. I'm about to start working on that page once i get the new menu done.

- maui917 - 2011-01-18

maui917 Wrote:Hi I'm new to Sickbeard and Couchpotato, been using things like MIP, MC2, and Emmber for a long time but I have to say these are so nice. I'm a huge fan after 2 days of use.

Anyway my question is about moving files I know that couchpotato will move downloaded files to my movies folder, and I thought I read somewhere that sickbeard would do something similar for TV Shows. Move a downloaded episode from a download folder to that shows season folder. However I've been reading a lot on both couchpotato and sickbeard so I might be wrong.

So is that something sickbeard can do? If so I'm not having it work successfully.

I've finished setting up Sickbeard now to work with SABnzbd, and every episode that sickbeard has searched for, found, and downloaded through SABnzbd is also being post processed correctly. Renaming, and moving the file is working.

I do have a question though, originally I had a few episodes that I got from a friend so I put them in the TV downloads location folder in hopes that sickbeard would see them and post process them, but it never worked. Will it only post process files that it searches for and downloads first?

- ECEC - 2011-01-18

maui917 Wrote:I've finished setting up Sickbeard now to work with SABnzbd, and every episode that sickbeard has searched for, found, and downloaded through SABnzbd is also being post processed correctly. Renaming, and moving the file is working.

I do have a question though, originally I had a few episodes that I got from a friend so I put them in the TV downloads location folder in hopes that sickbeard would see them and post process them, but it never worked. Will it only post process files that it searches for and downloads first?

Use the manual post processing function, just remember that each file has to be in it's own folder.

- silentbob343 - 2011-01-18

FatBoyNotSoSlim Wrote:When a show has been updated on TheTVDB, and I'm wanting to refresh my local copy of the shows info, what should I be triggering on the show's page? Force Full Update? Re-Scan files??

Basically as above, trying to refresh in the correct Family Guy info.

ditto, I'm guessing "update" pulls episode info from tvdb for sickbeard and re-scan is looking at episodes on your local storage. I played with it a bit by deleting episodes, but re-scan still showed the episode as being downloaded and existing.

- thezoggy - 2011-01-18

lots of goodies just pushed out to master branch..
  • new multi-level menu, submenu is still there but mainly for 'actions' not navigation.
  • added new "list view" for the coming ep page.. no metadata or summary.. but very quick and allows you to sort how you want.
  • sickbeard now will build it's own metadata cache (nightly) of your tv shows in both banner and poster format. now you can switch layouts and things will look great in either. note that it will use your existing metadata first and then fill in missing (banner/poster) from the tvdb if it exists. to kick of this process manually rather than waiting 24hrs go to Manage > click on the checkbox for Rescan all items > Submit. Then wait.. takes roughly 30secs per tv show the first time through.
  • new option to use banners.jpg instead of folder.jpg -- config > general.

The template updates might break auto-updates so after updating you might have to restart SB manually.