Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Amelandbor - 2011-02-13

Could you give an example of an episode, because 40 min episodes are most of the time around 400mb for SD, 1.2gb for HD and 1.5gb for web-dl.

- Cyberkid2002 - 2011-02-13

Also, has anyone tried to download BBC's Human Planet?

Really struggling to download it even though I know it is their. Keeps saying no downloads are available.

- Cyberkid2002 - 2011-02-13

Think the problem with Human Planet is that they are categorized as Documentaries on NZBMatrix, not TV. Don't suppose there is a way around this is there?

- Amelandbor - 2011-02-13

Just add another search provider, Womble's Index finds some. And maybe add also nzb.su if you don't have access to nzbs.org

nzb.su finds all of them if you do a manual search.

- Valdysses - 2011-02-14

Here's a fun question. I have SB running on my xbmc machine, and usually XBMC and SB play very nicely. There are two situations where they hiccup, though.

1) the "update XBMC button" always fails the first time I push it. The second press gets the job done, though, every time. Not an issue, really, just an observation. I could drum up a log, if need be.

2) When SB is working really hard (i.e. running sabtosickbeard.exe on a whole season of shows) it will occasionally cause whatever I'm watching in XBMC to stutter, like it's soaking up all the available throughput between my XBMC/SB box and my WHS Server. Is there a way to ameliorate this? Maybe a transfer bandwidth cap, or a way to move files from my local drive to the server using FTP, or a way to delay transfers until specified hours? If the answer is no, that's cool.

- vinistois - 2011-02-14

In my system what makes XBMC stutter is that its updating its library in the background. sickbeard's processing itself is not slowing me down. Once I disabled updating the library through sickberad, the stutters went away.

- Valdysses - 2011-02-14

Interesting. I'll give it a shot.

- DejaVu - 2011-02-14

Cyberkid2002 Wrote:Think the problem with Human Planet is that they are categorized as Documentaries on NZBMatrix, not TV. Don't suppose there is a way around this is there?
I have just tested your theory by adding Human Planet and I pulled all 5 HD episodes from NZBs.org in seconds.

I'll now test again from NZBMatrix...

Turns out your correct. The HD versions of the Human Planet are categorized into Documentaries, but Sickbeard according to the log, seems to think that they are not available.

midgetspy, does SB check the entire site (NZBMatrix) for the names or is just sticking to the TV categories?

- chaoticmaster - 2011-02-14

Carpdawg Wrote:I've followed the instructions for the windows install (build 478), but when I run the console, all I get is an error saying that the permission is denied to the log file. It won't start Sickbeard so I can configure the file. I'm lost!

By the way, I'm a python, nzb noob, so please take it easy on me, I've been at this for the last 3 hours...Angry

Here's a screenshot of the error:

Did you try running as an administrator?

- jakebake - 2011-02-14

Hopefully I can get some help with this..
I had sick beard working fine and automatically downloading and renaming and placing in the correct folder properly. I restarted my computer and when I reloaded sickbeard non of my settings were saved. I put in the same settings and now it wont automatically move and rename the files. If I manual post process it does it fineHuh

- jakebake - 2011-02-14

I actually figured it out. What I did find out however, is that some episode downloads will have the folder named "UNPACKED title season etc." Sickbeard won't process it if it says unpacked so I have to manually change the name. Is there a way to change this. Every episode in a season won't say this.

- thezoggy - 2011-02-14

vinistois Wrote:In my system what makes XBMC stutter is that its updating its library in the background. sickbeard's processing itself is not slowing me down. Once I disabled updating the library through sickberad, the stutters went away.

xbmc should not be updating the library if you are watching something. it should queue the request. are you using xbmc 10.x? running it on an nettop atom based cpu? go hit 'test xbmc' in the config > notifications section and see if that makes your xbmc stutter...

- thezoggy - 2011-02-14

jakebake Wrote:I actually figured it out. What I did find out however, is that some episode downloads will have the folder named "UNPACKED title season etc." Sickbeard won't process it if it says unpacked so I have to manually change the name. Is there a way to change this. Every episode in a season won't say this.

it shouldn't say unpacked.. go turn that off in sab.

- thezoggy - 2011-02-14

chaoticmaster Wrote:Did you try running as an administrator?

most likely a permissions issue where you have sickbeard stored. move it's installed location / turn off UAC / post logs not screenshots / try creating a file in sickbeard's location and see if it works for you

- thezoggy - 2011-02-14

Cyberkid2002 Wrote:Quick question here, sorry if it has been asked before.

I personally prefer 700mb HDTV rips over the larger 1.5gb versions. Is there a way to set a preference for these if they are at all available? Have played around with custom quality settings but had no joy so far.

Cheers,
Michael

when you see 'hdtv' in the filename it's really just sd. which is your 700meg rips. the actual HD is 720/1080p mkv rips. so to answer your question, just set quality to SD TV.