Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- dannycorker - 2011-03-04

Any chance we could have a bit more control over the renaming? Quality settings is the one that really bugs me - setting the name to have quality at the end will result in 'SD TV' being added at the end for tv rips, and pretty much no skins will recognise that. If we could switch it to 'SDTV' instead all skins will recognise it.

Hope it's something easy to add/for me to do myself!

Thanks!

- thezoggy - 2011-03-04

dannycorker Wrote:Any chance we could have a bit more control over the renaming? Quality settings is the one that really bugs me - setting the name to have quality at the end will result in 'SD TV' being added at the end for tv rips, and pretty much no skins will recognise that. If we could switch it to 'SDTV' instead all skins will recognise it.

Hope it's something easy to add/for me to do myself!

Thanks!

i don't think any skin really cares since it can use the codec/actual file vs just the filename. most skins care about the folder filename.... regardless the renaming is being redone completely with variables similar to sab's method.. until that is finished no changes will be made to the current options on renaming. honestly the quality setting is only for sickbeard since it can only use the files and not look at codec/resolution.

- Joep_nl - 2011-03-04

thesuffering Wrote:this seems to have work. at least for one tv show so far, sab is working on another show so we will see but i have high hopes. I dont understand how it knows to move them to e:\tv shows, but im not going to complain. thanks!

Glad i could help.

westcoastbias, did you enable the air-by-date option at the showpage? looks to me it could be processed as normal. If your keep having the problem you could report en ask for an exception.

- tboooe - 2011-03-04

Is there anyway to change to title of tv show that SB uses in its search? For example, I added Frontline which Sickbeard recognizes as Frontline (PBS). However, I dont think it is picking up the show because most of the NZB names is just Frontline or Frontline US.

- Joep_nl - 2011-03-04

http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1292

sometimes it happens. frontline is 1 of the very few examples and SB cant really help it.
If you run from source you could try it yourself, but if its a structural problem you could report it so an exception can be added.

- mwkurt - 2011-03-04

I am currently using Alpha Build 480. A day or two ago, a new update, 481, was posted and is listed on my interface as "new update available". Right now my SB is working fine and I am usually of the mind of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". My point is, is there a place to that will tell me what new versions of SB fixes? Is there an update log anywhere?

Thanks,
Mark

- Joep_nl - 2011-03-04

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/downloads/detail?name=SickBeard-win32-alpha-build481.zip&can=2&q=

in the zip you will find a changelog.

- dannycorker - 2011-03-04

thezoggy Wrote:i don't think any skin really cares since it can use the codec/actual file vs just the filename. most skins care about the folder filename.... regardless the renaming is being redone completely with variables similar to sab's method.. until that is finished no changes will be made to the current options on renaming. honestly the quality setting is only for sickbeard since it can only use the files and not look at codec/resolution.

This isn't about the codec etc, it's about the source, which is needed in the filename. From reading codec info, how is a skin supposed to work out if it's looking at a 350mb tv rip or a 350mb dvd rip?

- thesuffering - 2011-03-05

i posted this in the iOS forum, but im not sure if its an apple tv 2 problem or sick beard, so ill post here too:

my main htpc is serving all my media and gets tv shows automatically via sickbeard. i have the library shared via mysql. any new shows i have used SAB and SB to download and sort do show up in my library, but fail to play when i click on them. they will play on the main htpc, just not on the atv2.

all shows that werent recently downloaded/added via sickbeard play just fine via the atv2.
my log is here:
http://pastebin.com/57bfsgC1
whats happening? i have tried restarting both the atv2 and xbmc

any ideas?

- lansing - 2011-03-07

Firstly, got to say I am loving Sickbeard. I upgraded to 481 and the new "add existing show" / "add new show" thing is great! Love it remembers the base directory too (I know that was a requested feature!).

I had an issue with the show Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. When I added it Season 7 episode 1 had just come out, but, because it was locked on the tv database, season 7 was missing and season 8 showed the same as season 6. After a few days I grabbed season 7 episode 1 and added it to the directory and re-freshed files. It was then unlocked in tvdb shortly after and someone updated the episode info for season 7. I tried doing a full update/ rescan of files, but, no mater how long I waited (figured the api might take some time to update) or what I tried refreshing it wouldn't update. I just removed the show and re-added it and it worked perfectly. Just so I know for the future, what does the "force full update" do exactly? I guess it doesn't refresh the tvdb listing? Is there a way to do that/ or should there be a way to do that, for old episodes or does it only re-fresh going forward?

- HenryFord - 2011-03-07

dannycorker Wrote:This isn't about the codec etc, it's about the source, which is needed in the filename. From reading codec info, how is a skin supposed to work out if it's looking at a 350mb tv rip or a 350mb dvd rip?
Well, you can just tell XBMC to read the Metadata of the files, then you would not need the "SDTV" in the filename, because the XBMC as well as the skin will rely on that data and not the filename.

A skin does not know the difference between "tvrip" and "dvdrip" as you mentioned before and hence will asume no such thing. You will get the message "SD"-Content, but you won't get the flag "DVD" if it is a dvdrip.

As mentioned the whole process in redevelopement, but you have to wait a while, because it will only be pushed when ready.

- thesuffering - 2011-03-07

thesuffering Wrote:i posted this in the iOS forum, but im not sure if its an apple tv 2 problem or sick beard, so ill post here too:

my main htpc is serving all my media and gets tv shows automatically via sickbeard. i have the library shared via mysql. any new shows i have used SAB and SB to download and sort do show up in my library, but fail to play when i click on them. they will play on the main htpc, just not on the atv2.

all shows that werent recently downloaded/added via sickbeard play just fine via the atv2.
my log is here:
http://pastebin.com/57bfsgC1
whats happening? i have tried restarting both the atv2 and xbmc

any ideas?

this did turn out to be a permissions issue. the only way i was able to fix it was go into the security tab of each file, add the user "Everyone" and give it the permissions.

is there any reason why only those shows downloaded via SB have this issue? anyway it could be resolved?

- HenryFord - 2011-03-07

thesuffering Wrote:this did turn out to be a permissions issue. the only way i was able to fix it was go into the security tab of each file, add the user "Everyone" and give it the permissions.
You do use Windows 7/Vista? This is because the SMB-Sharing in Vista/7 is broken by default. Microsoft wants to push the usage of homegroups (which is obviously not possible with the apple tv) and disables the SMB-Shares by default.
This is a heavy issue in Windows, but Microsoft does not want to resolve this. So, it is quite a hassle to get SMB working properly.

Quote:is there any reason why only those shows downloaded via SB have this issue? anyway it could be resolved?
This could be due to the fact that SB has no Admin-Priviliges (it runs in the user-space and with the permissions of the user) by default and cannot set the permissions properly. Maybe running Sab as an admin resolves the issue? Try it, and please report back.

If that does not work, check your already existing files which weren't aqquired through SB - do they have the "Everyone"-Permission already set, or do they work without them? Try to spot a difference between the Permission-Sets.

- thesuffering - 2011-03-07

HenryFord Wrote:You do use Windows 7/Vista? This is because the SMB-Sharing in Vista/7 is broken by default. Microsoft wants to push the usage of homegroups (which is obviously not possible with the apple tv) and disables the SMB-Shares by default.
This is a heavy issue in Windows, but Microsoft does not want to resolve this. So, it is quite a hassle to get SMB working properly.

This could be due to the fact that SB has no Admin-Priviliges (it runs in the user-space and with the permissions of the user) by default and cannot set the permissions properly. Maybe running Sab as an admin resolves the issue? Try it, and please report back.

If that does not work, check your already existing files which weren't aqquired through SB - do they have the "Everyone"-Permission already set, or do they work without them? Try to spot a difference between the Permission-Sets.
i will try running SAB/SB as admin and see if it makes any difference. when i download manually, either via my media server or via my laptop and then send over via the network, it gets the permission everyone automatically. SB seems to be the only one with that issue, but like i said ill give admin a try and see how it goes.

- xeonicxpression - 2011-03-07

Sickbeard shouldn't need admin privileges. It's Sabnzbd that downloads and creates the files. It's worth a shot, but seeing as how sickbeard only moves files and renames files, I wouldn't think it would need admin rights to do that.