Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- arcooke - 2011-03-29

Ok, this probably sounds really dumb.. but I can't get Sick Beard working right. I can manually search/download episodes through sickbeard using the blue magnifying glass icons, but never once has it ever automatically downloaded a new episode. And I've had it installed/set up for about 2 months now. I have several shows set up, all active and "continuing", and I often see new episodes showing up in the "upcoming episodes" section. But it NEVER gets them on its own. I have the server application running in the background, and my HTPC stays on (not in hibernate) 24/7.

I'm probably missing some ridiculously obvious setting, but I've looked through the options a hundred times now.

My log file hasn't changed in 4 days (the last time I did manual downloads)

In Config > Search Settings, I have the search frequency set to 60 minutes. I have SABnzbd set up fine (manual d/ls through sickbeard working). SAB console stays open 24/7.

If I go to Manage > Manage Searches > Force daily episode search ... nothing happens even though I have tons of episodes set to "wanted", and new episodes of shows have come out in the last couple months that I don't have yet. When I force this search, nothing is displayed in any of my error logs (info/debug/etc)

- midgetspy - 2011-03-29

What's your search interval in the config?

- HenryFord - 2011-03-29

hhdpop Wrote:Yeah no spaces. I have even deleted, chose different port. Put a small password (1234) and try different combinations. Still no luck.

Any other log I can show here?
Nothing I am aware of... can you make a screenshot of your settings?

- nikc0069 - 2011-03-29

Getting messages in the log that nxbmatrix xml is incomplete the last few days. Has anything changed their end that needs updating in Sickbeard?

- HenryFord - 2011-03-29

mjreddy Wrote:I'm not really using sickbeard to find/download shows, I get all my shows from TvTorrents.com, so my first question: is there a way to completely turn off NZB/Torrents searching within sickbeard? Is this even worthwhile (from a system resources standpoint -- certainl generates quite a few errors)?
For Torrent-Users I suggest TVTrigger:
http://www.8yseven.com/TVTrigger/home.aspx

It handles Torrents, with a full-featured set: Search Engine, Download, Automatic Download, Listings, etc.

- tboooe - 2011-03-29

arcooke Wrote:Ok, this probably sounds really dumb.. but I can't get Sick Beard working right. I can manually search/download episodes through sickbeard using the blue magnifying glass icons, but never once has it ever automatically downloaded a new episode. And I've had it installed/set up for about 2 months now. I have several shows set up, all active and "continuing", and I often see new episodes showing up in the "upcoming episodes" section. But it NEVER gets them on its own. I have the server application running in the background, and my HTPC stays on (not in hibernate) 24/7.

I'm probably missing some ridiculously obvious setting, but I've looked through the options a hundred times now.

In Config > Search Settings, I have the search frequency set to 60 minutes. I have SABnzbd set up fine (manual d/ls through sickbeard working). SAB console stays open 24/7.

If I go to Manage > Manage Searches > Force daily episode search ... nothing happens even though I have tons of episodes set to "wanted", and new episodes of shows have come out in the last couple months that I don't have yet. When I force this search, nothing is displayed in any of my error logs (info/debug/etc)

Some shows just are not available for download. As a test, go to your favorite nzb provider and do a search for one of your shows. Even if it does show up but is not named a way that Sickbeard cannot recognize it wont get downloaded. Sickbeard handles popular shows fine but documentaries, sports related, or other un-common shows do not work very well.

- xeonicxpression - 2011-03-29

tboooe Wrote:Some shows just are not available for download. As a test, go to your favorite nzb provider and do a search for one of your shows. Even if it does show up but is not named a way that Sickbeard cannot recognize it wont get downloaded. Sickbeard handles popular shows fine but documentaries, sports related, or other un-common shows do not work very well.

I don't think that's his problem. He said it finds them if he clicks on the magnifying glass. It just isn't auto firing.

- jakks - 2011-03-29

New user here, just wanna say thanks for creating a great program and hope it gets even better over time Big Grin

- thezoggy - 2011-03-30

coendeurloo Wrote:I didn't know that, that's awesome!

Another issue; I have these Entourage season 7 shows that won't succesfully download. They just fail in sabnzb, and in sickbeard the status remains 'snatched'. When I set them back to wanted, it tries to download the same files again. Shouldn't Sickbeard keep tabs on which .nzb's failed like Couchpotatoe does?

no. sickbeard doesnt interact with sab to handle failed downloads. eventually that will be addressed. for now you just need to go manually dl the correct releases or use a different provider. setting it to watch is most likely always going to result in the same nzb.. unless new things was posted/or you change providers.

- thezoggy - 2011-03-30

hhdpop Wrote:XBMC is setup on an open port (8082) and with a password. I have entered this information in Sickbeard but still won't talk to XBMC. I can access web XBMC through my browser and using the password.

So if I add a new TV show I have to do an "Update Library" manually and then it will find the new show.

Any ideas?

Sickbeard v Alpha Build 484
XBMC v 10.1

If in Sickbeard I hit on "Update XBMC" I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 660, in respond
File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyo", line 193, in __call__
File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
File "sickbeard\webserve.pyo", line 2098, in updateXBMC
File "sickbeard\notifiers\xbmc.pyo", line 192, in _update_library
File "sickbeard\notifiers\xbmc.pyo", line 95, in _sendToXBMC
File "urllib2.pyo", line 124, in urlopen
File "urllib2.pyo", line 389, in open
File "urllib2.pyo", line 407, in _open
File "urllib2.pyo", line 367, in _call_chain
File "urllib2.pyo", line 1146, in http_open
File "urllib2.pyo", line 1099, in do_open
File "httplib.pyo", line 656, in __init__
File "httplib.pyo", line 673, in _set_hostport
InvalidURL: nonnumeric port: ''

If I try to Test my XBMC connection it just spins and spins, but never resolves.

Thanks.

if you paste the contents of the xbmc field from sickbeard in a web browser.. can you get to xbmc's webserver?

- thezoggy - 2011-03-30

nikc0069 Wrote:Getting messages in the log that nxbmatrix xml is incomplete the last few days. Has anything changed their end that needs updating in Sickbeard?

check nzbmatrix.info. most likley it was due to their site having problems... which seems very common as late.

- arcooke - 2011-03-30

tboooe Wrote:Some shows just are not available for download. As a test, go to your favorite nzb provider and do a search for one of your shows. Even if it does show up but is not named a way that Sickbeard cannot recognize it wont get downloaded. Sickbeard handles popular shows fine but documentaries, sports related, or other un-common shows do not work very well.

midgetspy Wrote:What's your search interval in the config?

I appreciate the responses, but both of these replies I answered in my original post.

Search interval: 60 minutes

Shows not available for download: As I said, I can click the blue magnifying glass icon in SickBeard to manually download episodes. They exist. These are popular shows including Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters.

Anyone else?

me Wrote:Ok, this probably sounds really dumb.. but I can't get Sick Beard working right. I can manually search/download episodes through sickbeard using the blue magnifying glass icons, but never once has it ever automatically downloaded a new episode. And I've had it installed/set up for about 2 months now. I have several shows set up, all active and "continuing", and I often see new episodes showing up in the "upcoming episodes" section. But it NEVER gets them on its own. I have the server application running in the background, and my HTPC stays on (not in hibernate) 24/7.

- HenryFord - 2011-03-30

last resort would be to delete everything sickbeard related and configure it completely new. On what system are you operating?

- Mrkennedy - 2011-03-30

Hi guys,

I updated to the latest version yesterday but now it's downloading 2 of the same file. Anyone know the reason and fix for this?

Thanks

- HenryFord - 2011-03-30

can you please be more specific? What do you mean exactly? What does your logfile say? What series is it with?