Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- mattressfish - 2011-08-10

dreamonn Wrote:Has anyone successfully setup SickBeard to run as a service on WHS 2011?

I've set my 1st WHS 2011 box up at the weekend & I'm trying to configure headphones, SickBeard, CouchPotato, uTorrent & SABnzbd up to run as services, but my only success so far is with SABnzbd after following this guide. I couldn't find any guides as comprehensive as this for any of the other applications in my list.

Any ideas or pointers to an install guide?

Good luck. I could never get SB (source) to successfully run on WHSv1. I can't imagine that its any easier now that its essentially running on Server 2008...

- WingmanNZ - 2011-08-11

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about adding support for DVD Ordering for TV Series? (FireFly etc) I have a number of shows not managed by Sickbeard due to this.....

This software is so amazing for managing shows and this for me is the final feature i would need Smile

- dannycorker - 2011-08-11

WingmanNZ Wrote:Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about adding support for DVD Ordering for TV Series? (FireFly etc) I have a number of shows not managed by Sickbeard due to this.....

This software is so amazing for managing shows and this for me is the final feature i would need Smile

+1 to this. Lack of DVD Order support is the only thing that SB has missing, especially considering it is found in most other programs like EMM and TV Rename.

- thezoggy - 2011-08-11

dannycorker Wrote:+1 to this. Lack of DVD Order support is the only thing that SB has missing, especially considering it is found in most other programs like EMM and TV Rename.

use lad1337's myAnime branch for dvd ordering.

- WingmanNZ - 2011-08-11

thezoggy Wrote:use lad1337's myAnime branch for DVD ordering.

I checked out lad1337's Build and it does appear to semi-work. It allows Absolute ordering but not DVD ordering. It will let me rename an episode like so...

FireFly - S01E11 - 001 - Serenity - 720p BluRay.mkv

but that doesn't quiet help as I cant get XBMC to detect is as DVD Ordering.

The way i see it all that is needed is a tick box for a show that says "Use DVD Ordering" and then in the episode list have it read "DVD Episode" then upon ticking the box warn users that it will perform a full update of the show and then leave it up to the user to run the renaming of the episodes. That way the user can check the current names etc.

I cant wait for this feature to be added as im sure alot of users would love to be able to add all there shows to sick-beard (even the DVD ordered ones)

thanks again Smile

- Hybred - 2011-08-13

How's SickBeard's support for uTorrent nowadays? I'm not really interested in diving into newsgroups but I would like to use SickBeard to handle all the automation on the meta data and such. I already have the downloading and sorting handled via RSS Downloader in uTorrent but with my ATV2 having massive scraping issues I'd like to take as much load off it as possible.

- JustinAiken - 2011-08-13

Hi sickbearders, I'm curious about this program...

If I were to have a download directory that I were to fill with downloads on my own (with torrents/RSS), could I use sickbeard JUST to scrape the downloads, and copy the finished downloads to where they belong?

For example, if it saw

Weeds.S07E07.hdtv.somegroup.avi appear in the download folder, could it copy the file to

TV\Weeds\Season 07\

along with some scraped metadata? Or is that not exactly what this program is for?

automatically? Or is that not what this program does?

- mwkurt - 2011-08-13

clock2113 Wrote:Hi sickbearders, I'm curious about this program...

If I were to have a download directory that I were to fill with downloads on my own (with torrents/RSS), could I use sickbeard JUST to scrape the downloads, and copy the finished downloads to where they belong?

For example, if it saw

Weeds.S07E07.hdtv.somegroup.avi appear in the download folder, could it copy the file to

TV\Weeds\Season 07\

along with some scraped metadata? Or is that not exactly what this program is for?

automatically? Or is that not what this program does?

Hello,

This is basically what Sickbeard does anyway. You set a directory for SB to look at for downloads. When a TV show download is present it will move it to the directory that you have told SB to move it to. SB doesn't care how the TV shows got to it's watched folder, whether by SABnzbd, UTorrent or manually adding the files. The one thing you have to do though is to add the show itself to Sickbeard's database, which is pretty straightforward following the menus. From then on, SB will watch your folder for the shows that you have added and move them accordingly.
Load it up and have a go!

Mark

- Paraffin - 2011-08-14

dreamonn Wrote:Has anyone successfully setup SickBeard to run as a service on WHS 2011?

I've set my 1st WHS 2011 box up at the weekend & I'm trying to configure headphones, SickBeard, CouchPotato, uTorrent & SABnzbd up to run as services, but my only success so far is with SABnzbd after following this guide. I couldn't find any guides as comprehensive as this for any of the other applications in my list.

I have Sick Beard, CouchPotato and Newsbin Pro running as Services on my Server 2008 machine. WHS 2011 is essentially the same so shouldn't be any different to mine..

What you actually need to do is use this guide. make sure you run the service as the user you are going to setup the application as. If you don't then all settings will be lost..

GL, PM me if you have any issues

- Dilligaf - 2011-08-14

Easiest way is to install server 2003 resource kit, it's a free download from MS. When install tells you it's the wrong version tell it to install anyways. After install search for and download AnyServiceInstaller.exe and run it. Input the Resource Kit tools folder location, program to run, parameters and tell it to create, You're done. The only problems I had was I had to copy Sab.ini to the system user account for Sabnzbd and I had to run Utorrent as administrator, all others are running as a system account.

Mike

- mattressfish - 2011-08-14

Paraffin Wrote:I have Sick Beard, CouchPotato and Newsbin Pro running as Services on my Server 2008 machine. WHS 2011 is essentially the same so shouldn't be any different to mine..

What you actually need to do is use this guide. make sure you run the service as the user you are going to setup the application as. If you don't then all settings will be lost..

GL, PM me if you have any issues

Are you running from source?

- coendeurloo - 2011-08-15

Are there any ideas to integrate Notify My Android (http://nma.usk.bz/) in the notifications, like in CouchPotato?

- Erwin - 2011-08-16

Is it possible to have Sickbeard recognize episodes in the following file structure ?
TV Series
-- Bones
---- Season 1
------ Disc 1, S01E01-02-03-04
-------- Bones S01E01-02-03-04.ISO
------ Disc 2, S01E05-06-07-08
-------- Bones S01E05-06-07-08.iso
Or is there another way of naming these files and folders so they wil be recognized by sickbeard and XBMC

- mattressfish - 2011-08-16

I don't think it does ISOs, so you'd have to pull the videos out to make it work.

- Erwin - 2011-08-16

Does sickbeard recognize this ?
TV Series
-- Bones
---- Season 1
------ Disc 3, S01E09-10-11-12
-------- VIDEO_TS
---------- VIDEO_TS.IFO
---------- VIDEO_TS.BUP
---------- VIDEO_TS.VOB

It doesn't work with the default settings.
Maybe there is a way to fix this ?

After editting the show directory, I now can tell you that the .iso files as follows are detected by sickbeard.
TV Series
-- Bones
---- Season 1
------ Disc 1, S01E01-02-03-04
-------- Bones S01E01-02-03-04.ISO
------ Disc 2, S01E05-06-07-08
-------- Bones S01E05-06-07-08.iso

The video_ts folder as shown in the beginning of this message however, is not recognized.
The sickbeard log shows this error:
Quote:Aug-16 17:18:06 ERROR SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Unable to parse the filename /volume1/SharedFolders/TV Series/Bones/Season 2/Disc 1, S02E01-02-03-04/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB into a valid episode

I had to make a change in the advancedsettings.xml of xbmc to have this recognized.
It contains the regexp as explained here:
Quote:TV Shows in DVD Folders Using the same directory structures as above, you can name DVD folders by adding the following xml to advancedsettings.xml. This information was gleaned from forum thread http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55497.

Code:
<tvshowmatching append="no">
     <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
   </tvshowmatching>

Is there a way to add something like this to the settings of sickbeard ?