Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - DrStrange - 2012-10-08

I only want to use sabToSickBeard.exe to tell SickBeard that the episode status for each TV show should be changed to downloaded when it does download.I don't need anything else processed. The SABnzbd completed download folder is D:\Downloads which is where I want the show to remain. How do I stop the post processing script copying the show to the show's folder (that you have to specify when you add a new show)? Sickbeard is installed in C:\Sickbeard.
Thanks.

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - smithr99 - 2012-10-08

delete this - solved on own Smile

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - HenryFord - 2012-10-08

(2012-10-08, 14:20)DrStrange Wrote: How do I stop the post processing script copying the show to the show's folder (that you have to specify when you add a new show)?
Unless you modify the postprocessing part, you only have one other option:
Program a little script/tool that contacts sickbeard with the downloaded file only, so sickbeard will get the "is downloaded" but not the "have to rename" part. The SB-API surely is capable to do that, but again: You'd have to do it by yourself (I'd do it, but I really have no interest in such functionality...)

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - thebearnecessit - 2012-10-11

Can anyone answer me a general question about newgroups.

I've never used them, but am thinking about getting setup with sickbeard etc.

I have a monthly download limit from my isp, so i like to download tv episodes that are 200MB instead of the high quality episodes that are 1GB.

Can I download these low quality tv episodes from new groups?

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - saitoh183 - 2012-10-11

(2012-10-11, 16:33)thebearnecessit Wrote: Can anyone answer me a general question about newgroups.

I've never used them, but am thinking about getting setup with sickbeard etc.

I have a monthly download limit from my isp, so i like to download tv episodes that are 200MB instead of the high quality episodes that are 1GB.

Can I download these low quality tv episodes from new groups?

yes you can, Choose SD for the show instead of HD and you will download mp4 files(which are considered standard for newer shows) and avi files (older shows)

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - thebearnecessit - 2012-10-11

brilliant! thanks for taking the time to reply siatoh.

I used sickbeard to download a few SD episodes (via torrents) last night. That worked fine, but they were still 500MB per (50 minute) episode.

Will this be the same size via newgroups? I ask because when I download from putlocker etc (via navi-x) the files are 200MB or less. That size of file would be better for me.

anyway i suppose the only way to find out is to give it a go and see what happens. I'm going to use this guide: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=780100%23pid780100, wish me luck Big Grin

Thinking of signing up with easynews, are there better? or cheaper? or more recommended ones out there?

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - saitoh183 - 2012-10-11

i use usenetserver as provider with blocknews block account (100GB) as backup and its been a year now and no problems with Sabnzbd+ . Usenetserver had a deal at 10$/month. Here is the link to the 10$ special(doesnt show up when you try via there main site)

Most SD content are about 300-500MB ruffly (20mins(30min show) is about 250 to 300MB). If you need help setting up Sickbeard (link you posted is old guide) PM me, will be glad to help out

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - HenryFord - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-11, 16:53)thebearnecessit Wrote: I used sickbeard to download a few SD episodes (via torrents) last night. That worked fine, but they were still 500MB per (50 minute) episode.
Depends on the series you downloaded. Scene-Release from before 2012 are generally in AVI which consume a little bit more space than mkv/mp4-containers. Newly aired episodes should be a little bit smaller. However - Personally I think 500MB (probably "real-life" instead of "comic"? Comics are generally smaller than real-life) is totally acceptable for 50 minutes Smile

Quote:Will this be the same size via newgroups? I ask because when I download from putlocker etc (via navi-x) the files are 200MB or less. That size of file would be better for me.
Yeah, it will be roughly the same. For example Homeland's S02E01 is 435MB in size when downloaded in SD. One 20-minute episode from American Dad for example only consumes 100MB though (would translate to roughly 250MB for 50 minutes).

Quote:anyway i suppose the only way to find out is to give it a go and see what happens. I'm going to use this guide: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=780100, wish me luck Big Grin
I'd recommend the current guide:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129826

Don't forget to say thanks Wink
If you have any questions, feel free to post them - I galdly will give you advise (and take the hints to update my guide)

Quote:Thinking of signing up with easynews, are there better? or cheaper? or more recommended ones out there?
Running Astraweb with no problems at all, unlimited speed and unlimited volume for 11 US-$/month.

Re: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - achaw - 2012-10-12

I'm using pirate bay branch...is there a way to avoid sb download ziped or rar files?

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - thezoggy - 2012-10-17

Just letting everyone know that a new windows build is out. Its been awhile.. and hopefully the long wait has been worth it Smile

Some of the notable changes are:
  • New flexible renaming system
  • Updated and cleaner interface
  • Proper/Repack fix for newznab providers
  • Use zip from TVDB to extract XML, should speed things up greatly when adding a show/doing updates

Please report back if you have any questions or issues.

I would highly recommend reading this for a more complete listing of changes, including a link to the new renaming system: https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/wiki/ChangeLog

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - PrimaryMaster - 2012-10-18

thx man...

I still miss auto download subtitle ... =/

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - k@iserex - 2012-11-03

Hai!

Iv been using SB ThePiratBay edition in conjunction with XBMC for a while now and I have a issue with moved files. Now, I don't know if its SB or XBMC but when SB starts post processing files it all goes well, its moving files from TV Download Dir to appropriate TV show folder, it scrapes the episodes but when XBMC updates its library, processed SB files/tv show/episodes don't show in library, and even worse I cant even browse them in files mode which is just a straight network share path. I see files and can playback them on a PC. Naturally PC shares are properly shared. It does not happen with all files, its happening with: the big bang theory and the mentalist, but ok with others like: the arrow, the walking dead, last resort etc. That problem is not manifesting when I manually copy things around, or when I shift DEL the files, and then manually copy them from another location. Also, for some reason SB started creating season folders for TV shows that have them already ( may naming is season 6, SB is season 06 ). Can someone point me in the right direction how to remedy this problems? There is also a problem of log errors which gave me errors about not being able to move files even in nature it does move them and process them. Here is a older log referring to the error:

Code:
lis-07 21:07:43 WARNING  POSTPROCESSER :: Processing failed for F:\TV Download Dir\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E02.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4: Unable to move the files to their new home
lis-07 21:07:43 ERROR    POSTPROCESSER :: Unable to move file F:\TV Download Dir\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E02.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4 to F:\TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory\Season 6\06x02 - The Decoupling Fluctuation.mp4: 32
lis-07 21:07:42 INFO     POSTPROCESSER :: Analyzing name u'F:\\TV Download Dir\\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E02.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4'
lis-07 21:07:42 INFO     POSTPROCESSER :: Processing F:\TV Download Dir\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E02.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4 (None)
I can provide more info if needed. This post is also posted on SB forums. If this is not proper forum for asking things about SB thepiratbay edition, please do point me to the right direction.

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - thezoggy - 2012-11-06

The Piratebay fork's forum thread is at: http://www.sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2386

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - danz0l - 2012-11-07

Looking forward to the new Frodo compatible notifications. Smile

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - pFranzen - 2012-11-10

I have a feature request that might be outside the scope of this program, but it's worth a shot:

I would LOVE a way to specify a number of episodes to keep for a show, just like a DVR does. "Keep the last 5 episodes" would be fantastic for daily news shows or other programs where I don't want to archive every episode. Obviously I can go and manually delete them, but if Sickbeard had an option to put limits that would be outstanding.