Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

Update Single Show - Pr.Sinister - 2010-03-22

Hi again,

I was wondering if you could implement the single show update for people using
SMB sources.

As you know, this works with XBMC and i suspect it probably works too for Linux
and OS X paths. It definitely has problem with windows paths but we can get
get a good bug report and it should be fixed quite quickly.

Obviously you should make that an option that can be toggled on and off for
people using windows paths.

The reason why this is more urgent for me right now is because i recently
upgraded my internet service to 25mbits down and 7mbps up.

I can now download 3-4 episodes or even more by the time one full XBMC
update is even done. So it will find the 1st episode and not the rest because
(fortunately), if an update is going on and you send the command again, it
will not start another one when it is finished.

Thanks in advance for considering adding this vital function Smile

-Pr.

- midgetspy - 2010-03-22

Well since you can't use SMB paths inside Sick Beard this wouldn't be a particularly trivial update, and since it'd essentially be wasted work that I'd have to redo once XBMC fixed their bugs there are a lot of other things I'll be putting my effort toward first. Especially since probably 99% of users won't have a problem with the full library update anyway. In your case maybe you just need to disable it for now and manually update it with the link inside Sick Beard every once in a while.

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-03-22

midgetspy Wrote:Well since you can't use SMB paths inside Sick Beard this wouldn't be a particularly trivial update, and since it'd essentially be wasted work that I'd have to redo once XBMC fixed their bugs there are a lot of other things I'll be putting my effort toward first. Especially since probably 99% of users won't have a problem with the full library update anyway. In your case maybe you just need to disable it for now and manually update it with the link inside Sick Beard every once in a while.

Actually, if you remember before XBMC.org went down, we figured out that the
only way to do it properly was to query the video database on the target XBMC
machines since not everyone has Sick Beard running on the same machine as
XBMC.

I had come up with 3 queries and you made them into 1 to get the path to
the TV Show that needs to be updated.

When the XBMC team fixes the fact that it doesn't work for windows paths,
there is nothing for you to change. You will still just pass the path as a parameter.

Anyway i do understand that not everyone has a 400+ TV Show library and
an insanely fast internet connection so not everyone needs it like i do.

I guess i will revert to manual updates...

I will open a trac ticket for the updatelibrary bug but in the meantime, would
you mind terribly giving me that 1 SQL statement that gets me the TV Show
path? The original 3 were :

Query : select idShow from tvshow where c00='The Big Bang Theory'
Result : 259

Query : select idPath from tvshowlinkpath where idShow=259
Result : 2427

Query : select strPath from path where idPath=2427
Result : smb://CNS-FILESERVER/TV Shows 02/The Big Bang Theory/

Thanks

-Pr.

- ould - 2010-03-22

Any chance on multi-part episode support? Last week Flashforward was 2-part episode. E11-12. sickbeard only picks up episode 11. Week before The Office had the same thing with E16-17. Not a huge deal but was just curious how to handle those instances.

- Flain - 2010-03-22

ould Wrote:Any chance on multi-part episode support? Last week Flashforward was 2-part episode. E11-12. sickbeard only picks up episode 11. Week before The Office had the same thing with E16-17. Not a huge deal but was just curious how to handle those instances.

You just have to rename them manually to something like s01e11e12 or 01x11x12 then refresh the show using the refresh button. Unless the filename indicates it is a multi ep file theres not a lot sickbeard can do.

- blacklist - 2010-03-22

midgetspy -

First off, let me thank you again for such a killer app. It seriously has made my HTPC such a complete solution that I canceled my cable service today.

I'm a big fan of the "Coming Episodes" page and was wondering how difficult it would be to make that page into a rss feed that XBMC could read? I was thinking about working up a small script that would read the output and display it in XBMC, or alternatively just display it in the normal RSS feed area.

Whatcha think?

- kricker - 2010-03-22

ould Wrote:Any chance on multi-part episode support? Last week Flashforward was 2-part episode. E11-12. sickbeard only picks up episode 11. Week before The Office had the same thing with E16-17. Not a huge deal but was just curious how to handle those instances.
Some times those two parters are put into one file and you wont see the second part as a separate file. Make sure what Sickbeard got isn't actually both in one. I had no troubles with it getting bot of those 2 parters you listed. They both came in as a single file.

On a side note, anyone else having issues adding shows? I was trying to get my bro-in law hooked up with sickbeard since Friday. I haven't been able to add a single show. All I get is "The TVDB messed up and I don't have a way to fix this yet" error.

- blacklist - 2010-03-22

kricker Wrote:Some times those two parters are put into one file and you wont see the second part as a separate file. Make sure what Sickbeard got isn't actually both in one. I had no troubles with it getting bot of those 2 parters you listed. They both came in as a single file.

On a side note, anyone else having issues adding shows? I was trying to get my bro-in law hooked up with sickbeard since Friday. I haven't been able to add a single show. All I get is "The TVDB messed up and I don't have a way to fix this yet" error.

No issues here, and I actually re-built my db in the last few days. I went to season folders in my collection and it caused all kinds of unforseen issues for me. But whatever, its done now. Managed to add another 2TB drive in the meantime as well Wink

- ould - 2010-03-22

kricker Wrote:Some times those two parters are put into one file and you wont see the second part as a separate file. Make sure what Sickbeard got isn't actually both in one. I had no troubles with it getting bot of those 2 parters you listed. They both came in as a single file.

Yes sickbeard did download both shows as single files but the issue I was mentioning was the fact that SickBeard then complains that it can't find the second part of the episode, I was just wondering if it would be possible to incorporate the 2-part in one file so that sickbeard recognizes both parts as being downloaded.

On another note, is anyone downloading "The Pacific", I am having trouble with it as it uses non standard naming, rather than S01E01 it's named as Pt I, Pt II, etc. so Sickbeard doesn't seem to recognize this naming scheme. Is there a setting I can change to facilitate this.

Kevin

- midgetspy - 2010-03-22

ould Wrote:Yes sickbeard did download both shows as single files but the issue I was mentioning was the fact that SickBeard then complains that it can't find the second part of the episode, I was just wondering if it would be possible to incorporate the 2-part in one file so that sickbeard recognizes both parts as being downloaded.

On another note, is anyone downloading "The Pacific", I am having trouble with it as it uses non standard naming, rather than S01E01 it's named as Pt I, Pt II, etc. so Sickbeard doesn't seem to recognize this naming scheme. Is there a setting I can change to facilitate this.

Kevin

Yeah you're talking about this: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=220

I'm still not sure the best way to deal with it though.

Sinister: the query was this:

Code:
http://192.168.1.126:8083/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=queryvideodatabase(SELECT strPath FROM tvshow, tvshowlinkpath, path WHERE c00 = 'Chuck' AND tvshow.idShow = tvshowlinkpath.idShow AND tvshowlinkpath.idPath = path.idPath)

I'd forgotten about it, you're right that the code wouldn't necessarily have to be removed. I'll think about what I'd have to do right now to implement it - in the meantime go ahead and make an issue for it so i don't forget.

kricker: I'm going to be uploading a build soon with some add-show bugs fixed, try that. Also TVDB has been up and down a lot lately and you can't add a show when it's down so that could have been it too. Though that error message doesn't sound familiar.

EDIT: Oh, and about The Pacific: if you use Newzbin as a provider it will work because they name the report 1x01 like it should be, but if you don't use Newzbin you'll have to download it manually. There's no way I'm adding support for "Pt.II" naming just for this show.

EDIT 2: And about coming episodes as RSS yeah that's something I've thought of adding but I'm focusing on finishing the remaining features I want to get in for the first beta at the moment. Add it to google code.

- kricker - 2010-03-22

midgetspy Wrote:kricker: I'm going to be uploading a build soon with some add-show bugs fixed, try that. Also TVDB has been up and down a lot lately and you can't add a show when it's down so that could have been it too. Though that error message doesn't sound familiar...
Awesome I will. If I get that error again, I'll properly document and log it for you.

- ould - 2010-03-22

midgetspy Wrote:EDIT: Oh, and about The Pacific: if you use Newzbin as a provider it will work because they name the report 1x01 like it should be, but if you don't use Newzbin you'll have to download it manually. There's no way I'm adding support for "Pt.II" naming just for this show.

I didn't expect you to add support for just this one show I was more looking to see if anyone had a workaround I could implement. I don't use Newzbin unfortunately so I will just download it manually, not a huge deal.

Thanks for the great program and support!!

Kevin

- midgetspy - 2010-03-22

ould Wrote:I didn't expect you to add support for just this one show I was more looking to see if anyone had a workaround I could implement. I don't use Newzbin unfortunately so I will just download it manually, not a huge deal.

Thanks for the great program and support!!

Kevin

Reading that back I sounded a bit short, sorry... just a few people have asked about it now. If somebody can provide some other examples of shows like this I'll consider it but as is this is the only show I've ever seen that's named like this so it's not worth bothering.

- kricker - 2010-03-22

kricker Wrote:Awesome I will. If I get that error again, I'll properly document and log it for you.
Here is the message in Sickbeard.
I'll get the log for you later when I can.

- midgetspy - 2010-03-22

Are you trying to add Brothers & Sisters? The TVDB search is broken for that show and it crashes the API when I try to search it, I think that's what I added that message for.