Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- mattressfish - 2010-07-26

SScorpio Wrote:I'm not sure about running it on something other than Windows, but I'm running Sick Beard on a Windows Home Server which has accessing my TV collection as a share and the UNC path \\server\TV\<show> and everything works just fine.

The autocomplete functionality that pops up as you enter a folder also works fine with UNC.

Interesting. Never thought of doing it that way. I pointed SB on my WHS directly to the drive and folder (which MS doesn't recommend for some reason). It works fine, but if I run into problems I'll keep that in mind.

- DrStrange - 2010-07-27

I want Sick Beard to run automatically at startup so wanted to compile the source. I tried "python sickbeard.py py2exe" but apparently this is wrong as no .exe was created and sick beard starts. Which files do I use for compiling?
The same result is achieved by moving the source dir into %APPDATA% to give full write access in Windows 7 and changing sickbeard.py to sickbeard.pyw so the console doesn't show at startup. Although I would prefer to compile because I would prefer to not have activepython installed.
Thanks.

- ramp - 2010-07-27

any one having problems with the new season of a show not being found?

- mattressfish - 2010-07-27

ramp Wrote:any one having problems with the new season of a show not being found?

Could you be a little less specific? Big Grin

- ramp - 2010-07-27

mad men s4 x 01 is not being found from any off the searches even though if you go look it is there.

- ramp - 2010-07-27

guess i should have said what show Wink thanks

- Mrkennedy - 2010-07-27

Mrkennedy Wrote:Just tried adding sickbeard to my server, at first i just copied over my old folder and that loaded fine, only issue was i network mapped all the drives so every tv show i had was wrong as would take ages to edit them all, so thought would upgraded to the latest and do a fresh install too.

Loaded sickbeard and now have this error

any ideas?

anyone?

- midgetspy - 2010-07-27

MrKennedy: move SB to a path with no _ or + characters in it, Cheetah chokes on them for some reason.

- Mrkennedy - 2010-07-27

midgetspy Wrote:MrKennedy: move SB to a path with no _ or + characters in it, Cheetah chokes on them for some reason.

the path has no _ or + in it.

Moved the folder to another folder on my server and got the same error

NameError: global name '_Mediahub_Software_SickBeard_data_interfaces_default_home_tmpl__Mediahub_Software_SickBeard_data_interfaces_default_home_tmpl' is not defined

Folder path is: D:\shares\Software\SickBeard

sabnzbd and new app couch potato work fine from the same folder

Edit - Fixed it, put in direct into my C drive of the server and not the shares section

- ECEC - 2010-07-27

SScorpio Wrote:I'm not sure about running it on something other than Windows, but I'm running Sick Beard on a Windows Home Server which has accessing my TV collection as a share and the UNC path \\server\TV\<show> and everything works just fine.

The autocomplete functionality that pops up as you enter a folder also works fine with UNC.

I'm running WHS as well. Smile At some point a few months ago, it seemed like Sickbeard didn't support it. It looks like I'll have to rescan all my files anyway, so I might as well change the settings as well.

Edit: oh, you can just type stuff in there. I always assumed since it only brought up drive letters when you hit browse, it didn't support it. :duh:

- Mrkennedy - 2010-07-27

Just got the newer version, how do you force an update? Just added a new show and would like to get all 4 seasons. so put them all as wanted but cannot see a force update button.

thanks

- ECEC - 2010-07-27

Mrkennedy Wrote:Just got the newer version, how do you force an update? Just added a new show and would like to get all 4 seasons. so put them all as wanted but cannot see a force update button.

thanks

Manage Shows > Manage Searches

Edit: regarding the Backlog. Is there a way to see a list of all shows currently in the backlog? And is there a way to tell Sickbeard that it's ok to download certain shows in SD if there is no HD (again, only in the backlog)?

- Mrkennedy - 2010-07-28

Thanks,

another small issue it grabbed the NZB files but only snatched them, it put the files in the same folder as SB is running. How do i make it auto download them?

All settings are the same as before.

- darkscout - 2010-07-28

Mrkennedy Wrote:Thanks,

another small issue it grabbed the NZB files but only snatched them, it put the files in the same folder as SB is running. How do i make it auto download them?

All settings are the same as before.

Did you tell it to send it to SickBeard? Do you have SAB's API keyentered.

If you're using watch folders did you enter anything in the path?

- Mrkennedy - 2010-07-28

SAB key is working.

Just added the sickbeard folder they are poping into as a watched folder and SAB is taking them, but nothing is entered as the folder, as soon as i click TV is auto changes the script to the sabtosickbeard.exe and process fine wirh name change etc.

But how do i tell it to auto grab the nzb without the watched folder, like it was working like before?