Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)
- Sharpe - 2011-02-17 15:06
Oh yes it makes sense - I have a smart playlist for HD movies as a shortcut on the home screen. With Back Row it shouldn't "play" the playlist it should let you view it - give it a try.
- supertom44 - 2011-02-17 15:15
Ah I swear it didnt work last time I tried it lol, cheers works fine now.
Have you considered letting people customize the sub menus? I literally only use 2 of the sub menus for films, the rest just get in the way, would also be awesome if we could add custom entries to the sub menus.
Love the addition of extra fanart!
- Sharpe - 2011-02-17 15:23
supertom44 Wrote:Ah I swear it didnt work last time I tried it lol, cheers works fine now.
Yeah I added a different condition to the custom_DialogFavourites.xml for dealing with playlists - playlists=window rather than playlists=play - just makes adding shortcuts that much easier as it's the same for everything that way.
Custom sub-menu items are in the plans but doing that requires a reorganisation of the Skin Options screen - it will happen though.
- Sharpe - 2011-02-20 00:16
supertom44 Wrote:..Have you considered letting people customize the sub menus? I literally only use 2 of the sub menus for films, the rest just get in the way, would also be awesome if we could add custom entries to the sub menus...
Just to let everyone know this functionality has now been added to the skin for the Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos and Music Home menu items.
I've had to rearrange the Skin Options a bit to make everything fit - so I could with some updates to the skin's language strings if any of you guys could help out.
- Uli666 - 2011-02-20 00:19
Sharpe Wrote:I could with some updates to the skin's language strings if any of you guys could help out.Hi mate!
As usual just send me the new strings and I'll take care of the Italian translation.
- Sharpe - 2011-02-20 01:59
Hi mate that's superb. The most up to date strings are located in the first post of the translations thread just under or above this thread.
- supertom44 - 2011-02-20 12:47
Sharpe Wrote:Just to let everyone know this functionality has now been added to the skin for the Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos and Music Home menu items.
I only have two comments, one is just minor about the menus have you considered having the sub menu options collapsible, its nothing major just a few skins do it to save room.
The other thing would it be possible to centre the sub menu on the home screen, I have it set up with only two or three options and it appears at the left rather than in the centre, again nothing major just more aesthetically please in the centre.
Good job though!
- Sharpe - 2011-02-20 16:53
supertom44 Wrote:..have you considered having the sub menu options collapsible, its nothing major just a few skins do it to save room...
Yep I've just done that.
supertom44 Wrote:...The other thing would it be possible to centre the sub menu on the home screen...
Need to think about how I would do that - for now it works best with 5 items. I'll look into other options when I get the chance.
- luisfermora - 2011-02-23 00:30
Hello Mate, Great Skin!
One question though, how do you set the Alternative Home Screen?
- Sharpe - 2011-02-23 01:05
Hi there - it's under settings / skin options / use smaller home controls / use simplified controls
- supertom44 - 2011-02-23 11:35
I noticed you managed to centre the sub menus! Awesome job, hope it wasn't too much trouble, looks a lot better now!
- flipje - 2011-02-26 17:33
I like the TV Guide. It is very handy and looks good however, in the above picture here there is A large banner and A network logo. When I look at my own XBMC install the network logo is replaced by the same banner as above, but very small.
I assume it lakes the network logo of the studios folder you can download seperatly, but all the logos seem to be in that folder.
- Sharpe - 2011-02-26 17:46
That's strange - make sure you have the studios folder as a subfolder within the skin's images folder.
Might help if you could post a screen shot as well.
- Sharpe - 2011-02-26 18:53
Thought I'd best post a round up of all the updates since the last time I posted this info. I think the last update was up to 3.1.5. Once again thanks for everyones suggestions - it's your ideas that build the skin.
- Reorganised the video OSD controls
- Increased recently added TV and Music home items to 10
- Added Sub-Menu customisation options
- Updated Swedish language strings - thanks Klinker
- Increased TV Now Airing on home screen to 4 entries
- Added a TV Guide screen - many thanks to ppic for the script and igotdvds for the xml code and original idea
- Moved the TV airing today widget to display above TV Shows when Videos is disabled in the Home screen
- Added TV episode source flagging to fanart wrap view
- Added Extrafanart feature to video library views
- Moved flagging into images folder for better customisation
- Removed VideosSource script to comply with current XBMC repo guidelines
- Added TV-Show Rating images
- Improved rating images and remade exit button
- Added TV Airing Today info to home screen
- Updated Swedish language strings - thanks Klinker
- Added episode numbers to the thumbs in the episode level Fanart view
- Added support for Next Aired Addon at TV Show level
- Added Next Aired Info for TV Shows in Video Info dialog
- Added download individual TV Theme button to Video Info dialog
- flipje - 2011-02-26 19:09
Studios folder is working in the rest of the skin and is in the correct place. I made A screenshot.
I wanted to embed the picture, but I don't seem to be able to, so I will give A link: