Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- ppic - 2011-03-09

Sharpe Wrote:It certainly is a great script amongst the other cool addons he's made - I'm still smiling from people's reactions to ppic's tv tunes script when they see it all working on my setup at home and then hear the theme music start.

Well then what do we reckon? Continue with folder.jpg as the standard or move to banner.jpg and poster.jpg?

ho yes! i'm smilling too, my friends love my tv setup !!!

- djdafreund - 2011-03-09

yeah, GREAT WORK ON INTEGRATING, AND GREAT (oops) work on the script also. He DOES have some great ones,no doubt.

I would like to eb able use have it use banners and posters if we CAN use, tied in with db, but if nnot, i don't prefer to have someone be aware to HAVE to use an external grabber to get images for folder.jpg, since we integrate a method to get those already (logo downloader), there ould be less questions aout this. That's just MY opinion. I'm gonna check out ppic's suggestion about chnging things in config to handle the grabbing of banners and naming them automatically if we aren't able to use the banners the scraper uses. .

- ppic - 2011-03-09

the point is:
you don't know what will be the xbmc or the folder.jpg, banner poster or landscape ...
so with logo downloader downloading banner.jpg / poster.jpg / landscape.jpg, you can use each kind of thumb freely...
that's my point, you can make views knowing what kind of image you have.

I'm just a designer/graphic's artist, Sharpe is the coder, so it won't be up to me. I will check out your mentioning with the readme file to tailor it and see how it goes. REAllY great job.

One idea i had about the tv show tunes, maybe cut the volume about 50% so it's more softer and more of an effect instead of it being normal loudness like starting an episode. It's great, but when you have volume set at a good level, and going back and forth between various shows to look through, it is a little loud in my opinion, and would think it would better suited to be more an a softer effect like background's are. It would be a better effect blending. And possibly a slight fade (maybe 2 second fade in/fade out) which i know wouldn't likely be possible since it's just playing a file, but just mentioning since i don't know what kind of control a script would have, but would think it might be possible. Would this be possible ppic? I just thought i'd suggest it in case for idea's. Smile Cool as it is if not. It's such a great script, you did a great job.

- Sharpe - 2011-03-09

ppic Wrote:the point is:
you don't know what will be the xbmc or the folder.jpg, banner poster or landscape ...
so with logo downloader downloading banner.jpg / poster.jpg / landscape.jpg, you can use each kind of thumb freely...
that's my point, you can make views knowing what kind of image you have.

Yeah whereas I was coming from the point of view that if you had a folder.jpg in your TV Show folder (like many of us used to do if you used XBMC in filemode) then that folder.jpg was either a banner or a poster. That's why I put the option within skin settings to display either. It's the addition of the "landscape" format (which I don't really ever see me using) as a standard that's mucking up that idea.

So yeah happy to make it banner / poster - as I see you have developed the logo downloader quite a lot and it will do the job nicely from within the skin.

I had no idea that Ember had changed either (should really read the forums more) but it would be interesting to see if could now create banner.jpgs as I think that's far and away the nicest and easiest to use media manager I've ever tried. When you're serving media to multiple machines having all that data stored in the actual folders saves a lot of bother for me and I just love the interface.

- ppic - 2011-03-09

djdafreund Wrote:I'm just a designer/graphic's artist, Sharpe is the coder, so it won't be up to me. I will check out your mentioning with the readme file to tailor it and see how it goes. REAllY great job.

One idea i had about the tv show tunes, maybe cut the volume about 50% so it's more softer and more of an effect instead of it being normal loudness like starting an episode. It's great, but when you have volume set at a good level, and going back and forth between various shows to look through, it is a little loud in my opinion, and would think it would better suited to be more an a softer effect like background's are. It would be a better effect blending. And possibly a slight fade (maybe 2 second fade in/fade out) which i know wouldn't likely be possible since it's just playing a file, but just mentioning since i don't know what kind of control a script would have, but would think it might be possible. Would this be possible ppic? I just thought i'd suggest it in case for idea's. Smile Cool as it is if not. It's such a great script, you did a great job.

see the script setting Wink
there'salready an option to raise volume down.

@Sharpe
EMM has issue's currently with the website (site is down, billing is suspended.) I would an alternative site a user mentioned and found a 64bit download. It's nice, yet very complicated for me. It WOW'd me, LOL. Just so many option's. I tried doing (so i thought) banner's and unchecking everything and still waited a few minute's to cache images. I'm just to impatient i guess. I used to use something else that was pretty fast (been a while, as you said i used it before library back in the day's wasn't matured yet and was using file manager back then.) but since it's been so many years i can't remember what it it. Not a big deal really. Just mentioning EMM cause i checked it out last night to see it, haven't heard of it before then. Neat program, very robust, maybe too much for me i guess. It does banner's from memory (was tired) and a bunch of other's, which is why it's so slow getting, cause SO many choices to choose from, banner's, thumbs, episode thumbs, episode poster's, series, etc. I'll start on the intro sound soon BTW.
@ppic
Reallly? Nice. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. I checked out the info for logo d/l'r, but noticed it was our skin file we edit to use command's, which i tried, but just not a coder. I leave all that to Sharpe, and stay with doing graphic's and audio.

- OSHE_Ante - 2011-03-14

Does Back Row supports MovieSets? and if not, will it in the future?

Great skin by the way.

- Sharpe - 2011-03-14

OSHE_Ante Wrote:Does Back Row supports MovieSets? and if not, will it in the future?

Great skin by the way.

Cheers - well it depends what you mean. The video library views have been made so that they are aware of movie sets and display them slightly differently to regular movies - ie where there's no plot info it alters what it shows.

However if you mean does the skin support the movie set addon - then no it doesn't.

- moonhafen - 2011-03-14

Cool!

- Sharpe - 2011-03-14

Alright latest update log for you:

Version 3.2.4
- Altered the TV Guide next airing screen to use banner.jpg or poster.jpg

Version 3.2.3
- Altered the video library list 4 view
- Added more options to logo downloader solo mode in videoinfo.dialog
- Added a disable fanart option for video library mode

Version 3.2.2
- Added record label support for albums
- Added Game Studio icons support
- Added a fanart disc label to DVD Case Wrap View

As has been requested, the weekly tv guide next airing screen has been altered to make use of either banner.jpg or poster.jpg rather than folder.jpg. Just select within skin options whether you're using banners or posters then, providing you have a banner.jpg or a poster.jpg in the selected tv show root folder, the image should display. - You can now also download a banner.jpg or a poster.jpg directly from within the skin (using ppic's logo downloader addon) in the video info screen.

- ijourneaux - 2011-03-15

I love BackRow. I noticed one small thing as XBMC starts up. When the curtains initially open, They open up about 20% then there is a pause before they finish openning up. The pause is probably not long (a few secons at the most) but for a second, it looks like XBMC has frozen up.

It isn't the most mportant thing, and for all I know it may be related to my computer, but I thought I would point it out.

Here is the debug log
http://pastebin.com/mQA3c6wP

- Sharpe - 2011-03-15

Hello - yep sorry I'm not seeing this glitch. Does anyone else experience this?

- flipje - 2011-03-15

Is there anything that needs to be turned on, because I can not remember ever seeing any curtain when I start up.

I do not see a countdown either when I start a video file and I have the option: turn countdown off not marked.

- ijourneaux - 2011-03-16

Sharpe Wrote:Hello - yep sorry I'm not seeing this glitch. Does anyone else experience this?

Could be my PC I guess. I have a dual core Opteron 170 with 2Gb of Memory. Any thoughts on additional tests I could run to diagnose the issue. I will check the options I have selected.