Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- kiboy6 - 2011-07-10

Sharpe Wrote:Hmmn can't replicate that it's working fine for me here. Might be a hang-up from the previous dharma version of the skin - you could try deleting guisettings.xml in userdata to reset things (although doing that would mean having to re-do any skin customisations you'd made.
Yup, that did the trick...thanks Smile
# edit: oops no it didn't. However I had mis-identified the cause of this problem. The submenus actually disappear when i disable "videos control visibility" in skin options.

Quote:Oh yeah my bad I'd put the setting in everywhere except under "singles" I'll fix it.

The thing with double tapping "i" is - if you press it once you get the info dialog - so may as well just leave that in place I reckon. No I think on or off is the best setting - if it took longer to show up the info it would probably bother others who'd say it's too long to wait (I'd probably be in that camp myself).

Good point - I think it's great as is now...thanks Smile

Quote:#Edit - fixed the info popup and cinema experience isssues

Fantastic - I was still having Cinema Experience issues until I rebuilt guisettings.xml. Now it seems fine. Thanks.

#Edit : uhoh, actually I am still getting problems with this. Intersting. Upon further testing it seems as though XBMC will only hang when "play tv-theme" is enabled and "videos control visibility" is disabled. Even then it is only intermittent, but if I attempt a few consecutive "cinema experience" presses I will always get a a hang sooner or later. Cannot recreate the hang if I remove either of those two variables. Hope you can replicate this at your end Smile

Now I just have a couple of remaining problems! (sorry!)

1.) Is there no longer a way to nominate a default source for "videos"? "Mark as default" seems to have disappeared from the context menu. Not a big deal as I can always re-create "videos" as a user-defined home shortcut that points to that source as a favorite, although (for now at least) I can't then have sub-menu buttons for that.

2.) For some reason I can only see local drives in skin options when trying to nominate "music share path" for last.fm slideshow and "fallback fanart" folder. Any reason for this? I'm pretty sure I used to be able to see my smb shares in these places.

Finally a small request. I don't know if this would be too fiddly, but ideally it would be great if the user could define the order in which the submenu buttons appeared. (ie so the ones I use least often require a scroll, but the most common ones are on screen as soon as i press down).

Thanks so much for your kind and patient help Sharpe Smile

- Sharpe - 2011-07-10

Quote:Yup, that did the trick...thanks Smile
# edit: oops no it didn't. However I had mis-identified the cause of this problem. The submenus actually disappear when i disable "videos control visibility" in skin options.

I still can't replicate this one mate - even with videos disabled and a shortcut in place I can still access sub-menus. It might be best if you talk me through what you have enabled/disabled etc.

Quote:#Edit : uhoh, actually I am still getting problems with this. Intersting. Upon further testing it seems as though XBMC will only hang when "play tv-theme" is enabled and "videos control visibility" is disabled. Even then it is only intermittent, but if I attempt a few consecutive "cinema experience" presses I will always get a a hang sooner or later. Cannot recreate the hang if I remove either of those two variables. Hope you can replicate this at your end

I think it's all actually tied in with the next airing script running at startup - it's like how it doesn't play nice on the home screen when the random items script gets activated whilst it's collecting data. I suspect it's that. You could test it by waiting a few minutes after starting up before running the cinema experience script. Give the next airing script ime to finish running.

Quote:Now I just have a couple of remaining problems! (sorry!)

1.) Is there no longer a way to nominate a default source for "videos"? "Mark as default" seems to have disappeared from the context menu. Not a big deal as I can always re-create "videos" as a user-defined home shortcut that points to that source as a favorite, although (for now at least) I can't then have sub-menu buttons for that.

No built in XBMC way - but I'll add it to the list of library source options for you.

Quote:2.) For some reason I can only see local drives in skin options when trying to nominate "music share path" for last.fm slideshow and "fallback fanart" folder. Any reason for this? I'm pretty sure I used to be able to see my smb shares in these places.

Yes I agree it would be better if you could browse the network. You could always map your network locations a drive for now to make it show. I will try and come up with a better solution though.

Quote:Finally a small request. I don't know if this would be too fiddly, but ideally it would be great if the user could define the order in which the submenu buttons appeared. (ie so the ones I use least often require a scroll, but the most common ones are on screen as soon as i press down).

Thanks so much for your kind and patient help Sharpe Smile

Yeah fiddly - obviously you can do this with your own sub-menu shortcuts but not the default ones - I'll add it to the list of things to play around with.

- kiboy6 - 2011-07-10

Sharpe Wrote:I still can't replicate this one mate - even with videos disabled and a shortcut in place I can still access sub-menus. It might be best if you talk me through what you have enabled/disabled etc

Will happily do this if you want to troubleshoot the bug.....however....

Quote:No built in XBMC way - but I'll add it to the list of library source options for you.

...if this is done I will have no need to disable Videos, and I think everything will be running smoothly for me Smile

Quote:I think it's all actually tied in with the next airing script running at startup - it's like how it doesn't play nice on the home screen when the random items script gets activated whilst it's collecting data. I suspect it's that. You could test it by waiting a few minutes after starting up before running the cinema experience script. Give the next airing script ime to finish running.

Not sure about this...I think "videos visibility" setting doesn't affect this bug after all (sorry for the red herring). However with "play tv theme" option enabled I can recreate the hang even long after starting up. With that option disabled I cannot recreate the hang even immediately after starting up. The hang isn't usually on the first attempt at running Cinema Experience. But if I start it, press x, re-run it, press x, re-run it again, etc, it will always hang sooner or later if "play tv-theme" is enabled and, from my testing, never if "play tv-theme" is disabled.

Quote:Yes I agree it would be better if you could browse the network. You could always map your network locations a drive for now to make it show. I will try and come up with a better solution though.
Could have sworn I was able to browse network sources here in one of the recent SVNs - maybe I'm imagining it though.

Quote:Yeah fiddly - obviously you can do this with your own sub-menu shortcuts but not the default ones - I'll add it to the list of things to play around with.
Cool - I guess another thing I could do is re-create the default ones I want to keep as custom shortcuts which I can then order as I please.

Cheers Sharpe Smile

- Sharpe - 2011-07-10

kiboy6 Wrote:...if this is done I will have no need to disable Videos, and I think everything will be running smoothly for me Smile

Right I've done this. Now you can select your own custom source for videos. Again if it's on a network - map the drive first.

Quote:Not sure about this...I think "videos visibility" setting doesn't affect this bug after all (sorry for the red herring). However with "play tv theme" option enabled I can recreate the hang even long after starting up. With that option disabled I cannot recreate the hang even immediately after starting up. The hang isn't usually on the first attempt at running Cinema Experience. But if I start it, press x, re-run it, press x, re-run it again, etc, it will always hang sooner or later if "play tv-theme" is enabled and, from my testing, never if "play tv-theme" is disabled.

Right so the action to start the tv tunes script in MyVideoNav.xml (which starts up when you leave the movie's video info dialog screen) combined with the already running cinema experience script results in random crashes. Ok so I've disabled the tv tunes script from running if content type = movies (like with the cinema experience script) - see if that fixes it.

Quote:Could have sworn I was able to browse network sources here in one of the recent SVNs - maybe I'm imagining it though.

Yeah I thought so too - not sure how to get round this one.

- Jezz_X - 2011-07-10

Thought you might like to know a .AU computer magazine had a bit about XBMC in it this month and used backrow for the screenshot

- Sharpe - 2011-07-10

Really? - oh wow that's cool - cheers Jezz

Have you got a link mate?

- kiboy6 - 2011-07-10

Sharpe Wrote:Right I've done this. Now you can select your own custom source for videos. Again if it's on a network - map the drive first.

That's great - thanks. Annoyingly there remains one further problem on this. While I can now set that non-scrapable source as default for "videos" I am restricted to only the 2 file views when I get there. Any way to set it to get the library views once I get there? (I get them if I get to the same source via a favorite. But then I have to disable videos and replace it with a custom home shortcut - in doing so i lose my submenus!)

Quote:Right so the action to start the tv tunes script in MyVideoNav.xml (which starts up when you leave the movie's video info dialog screen) combined with the already running cinema experience script results in random crashes. Ok so I've disabled the tv tunes script from running if content type = movies (like with the cinema experience script) - see if that fixes it.
Sadly this doesn;t seem to fix it. I can still re-create the crash with tv-theme enabled and never when it is disabled Huh

Quote:Yeah I thought so too - not sure how to get round this one.

No probs - not a big deal to map the drive anyway Smile

Thanks for being so patient with all these little annoyances Smile

- Sharpe - 2011-07-10

kiboy6 Wrote:That's great - thanks. Annoyingly there remains one further problem on this. While I can now set that non-scrapable source as default for "videos" I am restricted to only the 2 file views when I get there. Any way to set it to get the library views once I get there? (I get them if I get to the same source via a favorite. But then I have to disable videos and replace it with a custom home shortcut - in doing so i lose my submenus!)

Shouldn't be a problem - just set that folder as a source, set content to whatever you want but exclude it from library updates. Then set that folder as the default location for videos - and when you access it from videos in home it should (well it does for me) come up with whatever views you set the content as. But like I say I suspect you have something else going on as I absolutely cannot replicate the lost submenus bug if videos are disabled that you are experiencing.

kiboy6 Wrote:Sadly this doesn;t seem to fix it. I can still re-create the crash with tv-theme enabled and never when it is disabled Huh

I can't see how it's causing this now as the tv tunes are effectively disabled in movie views now. Again it's working for me. I'll keep trying to make it crash and report back. You certain it's not just the bugging out on it's own regardless of the tv tunes?

- kiboy6 - 2011-07-10

Sharpe Wrote:Shouldn't be a problem - just set that folder as a source, set content to whatever you want but exclude it from library updates. Then set that folder as the default location for videos - and when you access it from videos in home it should (well it does for me) come up with whatever views you set the content as.

My bad - I had forgotten to re-add that folder as a source via the new network mapping. Working perfectly now...thanks Smile

As for the cinema Experience / TV Tunes thing, I just can't get it to hang XBMC if "play tv-theme" is disabled. I've tried loads of times, so while I certainly can't guarantee that that's the variable it seems to be for me at least.

In any case - it's no big deal. Can certainly live without TV themes for now and hopefully the problem will be ironed out over time with newer version of the Tv-tunes and the Cinema Experience addons.

Thanks for all your help Smile

- Sharpe - 2011-07-10

Ah no worries thanks for the help ironing these things out. Try the latest version I uploaded - I made another slight tweak.

I've just been testing the cinema experience button with tv tunes enabled and it's worked over 10 times in a row without crashing - just one of them things I guess. I'll try on my mac next.

- kiboy6 - 2011-07-11

Sharpe Wrote:Ah no worries thanks for the help ironing these things out. Try the latest version I uploaded - I made another slight tweak.

I've just been testing the cinema experience button with tv tunes enabled and it's worked over 10 times in a row without crashing - just one of them things I guess. I'll try on my mac next.

Cool - I posted in the CE forum as well and giftie mentioned that they would be continuing to iron out these problems at their end too. Really not a big deal anyway - I mostly have to deliberately try to recreate the bug by running CE many times in a row - not something with any real usage equivalent!

Couple of other things:

You're probably already aware, but the wraplist bug you mentioned earlier (or something similar) is also showing up in these video library views: "plot wrap", "dvd case wrap" and "fanart wrap".

Also, any chance of also adding the option to disable the auto info pop-up in "fanart wrap" and "panel wrap" views?

These views look great for my non-scrapable folder but these pop-ups are pretty meaningless to me when browsing what is effectively a "file" source Smile

Thanks! Smile

- Sharpe - 2011-07-11

kiboy6 Wrote:Couple of other things:

You're probably already aware, but the wraplist bug you mentioned earlier (or something similar) is also showing up in these video library views: "plot wrap", "dvd case wrap" and "fanart wrap".

Yeah like I said it's not a bug with the skin rather XBMC itself. If a wraplist contains the same number of items as it can display on the screen at one time it messes up the scrolling by dropping the first item on the left when it's animated scrolling occurs. It's Just not been picked up yet I suppose I should really raise it and see if it is actually a bug or some new design feature. Wrap lists that continuously flow from one side of the screen to the other seem to be not used that much in favour of fixed lists.

#edit I've bodged a fix together that should address this for tv episodes, tv seasons and on the home screen (didn't bother for movies as most people have more than the number you can display on one screen so the bug doesn't show)- see how it works.

kiboy6 Wrote:Also, any chance of also adding the option to disable the auto info pop-up in "fanart wrap" and "panel wrap" views?

These views look great for my non-scrapable folder but these pop-ups are pretty meaningless to me when browsing what is effectively a "file" source Smile

Thanks! Smile

No probably not - they are library views after all. I'm thinking it's more likely I'll code a couple more file only views instead. Getting to be too many options and conditions within the skin and I'm keen to avoid that.

- kiboy6 - 2011-07-14

Sharpe Wrote:#edit I've bodged a fix together that should address this for tv episodes, tv seasons and on the home screen (didn't bother for movies as most people have more than the number you can display on one screen so the bug doesn't show)- see how it works.
Seems to work great - thanks. Hopefully The other movie views will sort themselves out eventually with a later XBMC version Smile

Quote:No probably not - they are library views after all. I'm thinking it's more likely I'll code a couple more file only views instead. Getting to be too many options and conditions within the skin and I'm keen to avoid that.

Cool, sounds good. However I really like the method you advised me of "cheating" my file source to display with library views. Those views are so pretty after all Smile

Couple of things on the small bug front:

I have two submenu items defined for "music videos" (both custom). However they are not centered under the "music videos" button. They are offset to the right with non-highlightable blank space to the left.

Something is still a bit funny with submenus. TV-show submenu appears even when it's de-selected in options, and I lost submenus altogether again the other day when adding another home shortcut. I don't think it's anything at my end as I have just re-built my entire profile folder from scratch...I have it working stably for me at the moment (apart from that off-centre music video submenu) but thought you might want to know that something still seems amiss here.

Finally, the last.fm slideshow is behaving badly for me. I ran the last.fm playlist generator (partymode) addon yesterday. The last.fm visualisation grabbed a couple of images for the first artist that played, but then throughout that session those couple of images were the only ones displayed, regardless of the now playing artist. Of course I need to test around some more, and I have no idea if this is a bug in the script, or the skin integration.

Cheers!

- Sharpe - 2011-07-14

kiboy6 Wrote:Couple of things on the small bug front:

I have two submenu items defined for "music videos" (both custom). However they are not centered under the "music videos" button. They are offset to the right with non-highlightable blank space to the left.

Something is still a bit funny with submenus. TV-show submenu appears even when it's de-selected in options, and I lost submenus altogether again the other day when adding another home shortcut. I don't think it's anything at my end as I have just re-built my entire profile folder from scratch...I have it working stably for me at the moment (apart from that off-centre music video submenu) but thought you might want to know that something still seems amiss here.

I'll check out the positioning issue with the music videos - so have you only got 2 custom submenus under music videos and no others? It does work better with the complete 5 items but I'll see if I can improve it for you.

Still not able to replicate any of these vanishing sub menu errors that you've experienced. - Can I just check what OS you're running on? Could it be a mouse issue? Have you tried disabling the mouse?

kiboy6 Wrote:Finally, the last.fm slideshow is behaving badly for me. I ran the last.fm playlist generator (partymode) addon yesterday. The last.fm visualisation grabbed a couple of images for the first artist that played, but then throughout that session those couple of images were the only ones displayed, regardless of the now playing artist. Of course I need to test around some more, and I have no idea if this is a bug in the script, or the skin integration.

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure it's the script - the skin integration is standard following ronie's guide to adding it.

Cheers

- kiboy6 - 2011-07-14

Sharpe Wrote:I'll check out the positioning issue with the music videos - so have you only got 2 custom submenus under music videos and no others? It does work better with the complete 5 items but I'll see if I can improve it for you.

Thanks so much Smile Edit: yeah, it does this on any shortuct's submenu if only 2 are enabled....at the moment I;m enabling a submenu item i don;t need to keep it balanced....not a big deal

Quote:Still not able to replicate any of these vanishing sub menu errors that you've experienced. - Can I just check what OS you're running on? Could it be a mouse issue? Have you tried disabling the mouse?

Win 7. I have mouse disabled under options....it seems as though the skin option to enable / disable submenus for each shortcut does not make any difference. Even if none of those are enable I still get submenus under all shortcuts. I have it all set up nicely now, but if i disable/enable certain combos of home shortcuts they will probably disappear...strange that you can't replicate it....in any case I have it working nicely for nowSmile

Quote:I'm pretty sure it's the script - the skin integration is standard following ronie's guide to adding it.

Cheers

Cool...will try to sort it out with him then Smile