Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- paul - 2009-05-09

XBMCG33K Wrote:Seems we're gonna try and go with 1080/720p after getting hold of phyeks work lastnight it's very possible this wont be on Xbox unless we go for a lite version.
not really a problem that if i can succesfully get aeon auriga working on xbox then i should be able to get yours working ok and then if you have no objection i would open up a thread for other xbox users so they could enjoy your skinSmile

- XBMCG33K - 2009-05-09

Sounds like something I can handle paul, will more than likely get hold of you before release.

- paul - 2009-05-10

XBMCG33K Wrote:Sounds like something I can handle paul, will more than likely get hold of you before release.
No problems mate were thinking if you had not got the time i would be more than willing to make it xbox compatible as i have done 4 other skins previously but if your planning on doing a lite version then no worriesSmile

- topfs2 - 2009-05-10

720p is enough for my TV needs.

But if the media is already done in 1080p it's not that much of work to recalculate the 720p coords after the skin is done, maintaining it however could be Smile

- jmarshall - 2009-05-10

Textures can be done for 1080p, and scaled down if needed. I suspect you won't need to use 1080p though - 720p will work fine in many cases (eg backdrops). Obviously anything larger than about 1MP should certainly be background loaded.

Coding-wise, there really isn't much benefit for using 1080p coordinates, so I'd stick with 720p. As Topfs2 indicates, it's pretty easy to convert from one to the other with these resolutions anyway (yay for square pixels!)

Cheers,
Jonathan

- XBMCG33K - 2009-05-10

jmarshall Wrote:Textures can be done for 1080p, and scaled down if needed. I suspect you won't need to use 1080p though - 720p will work fine in many cases (eg backdrops). Obviously anything larger than about 1MP should certainly be background loaded.

Coding-wise, there really isn't much benefit for using 1080p coordinates, so I'd stick with 720p. As Topfs2 indicates, it's pretty easy to convert from one to the other with these resolutions anyway (yay for square pixels!)

Cheers,
Jonathan

I could kiss you right now, ya know that? lol thanks jmarshall.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-05-10

Nah I meant I could handle you making us a lite version Tongue I very well could too but if you do ya get an early preview ...

- paul - 2009-05-10

XBMCG33K Wrote:Nah I meant I could handle you making us a lite version Tongue I very well could too but if you do ya get an early preview ...
My misunderstanding i thought you meant you had it covered in that case i will patiently await the release of this fine looking skin and then do what i do best make it work on xboxSmile

- XBMCG33K - 2009-05-10

Looks good to me at 720p:

- phyek - 2009-05-10

jmarshall Wrote:Textures can be done for 1080p, and scaled down if needed. I suspect you won't need to use 1080p though - 720p will work fine in many cases (eg backdrops). Obviously anything larger than about 1MP should certainly be background loaded.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Well, the original design was done at 1920x1080 and sent off. I recently received the markup that was already done and noticed that the xml files used 1280x720 coordinates/positioning with graphics from the 1920x1080 design (the graphics were not resized to 720 in image editing software but are instead scaled down to 720 in xbmc). So while the skin looks great at 1080, the graphics at 720 are not as clear but still decent (you can see the screen shots that I posted in the xperience thread). My concern is that since xbmc is scaling 1080 images down to 720, the performance suffers on slower systems. Regardless, the performance on my old and slow 2.8 P4 is fairly good.

Personally, I'd prefer to keep using the current 1080 graphics (and that's what I did when I adjusted and added to the skin). A 720 light version with resized images to 720 could be done later. Anyway, 720 graphics do in fact look blurry on a 1080 screen…so there is a difference.

- Rocky5 - 2009-05-10

Here is another update on the photos.

- byakkun - 2009-05-10

I think that 1080p is a better way to go.
What I was thinking about is if one could make a script to automatically scale down every component (textures, xml's values, png's) of the skin, or number of UI elements displayed - like the number of rows and columns in wall view - by the formula (1080p_component/3)*2=720p_component. Other skin developers may also want to use it.

- phyek - 2009-05-10

Some picture view mocks:

- topfs2 - 2009-05-10

phyek Wrote:Some picture view mocks:

Really really nice view IMO.

Also I love the progress indication.

- djh_ - 2009-05-10

Man, I wish I had mockups like yours to work with, Phyek - they're phenomenal. They're losing a lot in translation at the moment, though, so hopefully the skin will do justice to them. Love the progress meters also, though I suspect XBMC might throw you a curveball or two on those.

Major props, though - I never thought an NXE clone could look nearly as exciting.