Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- mcborzu - 2009-10-06

You said in an earlier post how you would tailor each release to the person I hope you do not decide to do some type of hideous watermark with the Alpha release that ruins the skin.... like so:

I mean it's your skin you can do what you want but I might not want to join the Alpha if you're thinking of going that route

- XBMCG33K - 2009-10-06

No hideous marks at all actually Smile the route we're taking to protect each copy wouldn't even be visible to anyone other than those of us making the skin. I wouldn't want watermarks anyways this skin is gorgeous, why would I NOT want to show it off? Smile

- paul - 2009-10-06

XBMCG33K Wrote:No hideous marks at all actually Smile the route we're taking to protect each copy wouldn't even be visible to anyone other than those of us making the skin. I wouldn't want watermarks anyways this skin is gorgeous, why would I NOT want to show it off? Smile
Indeed why on earth would you do such a thing theres other ways of preventing people from sending copies to all there friends, i can't tell you how because big brother is watching usLaugh

- r1ctus - 2009-10-06

anyway, why is it a problem if they send it to all their friends? it shouldn't be such a secret

- Only One Haze - 2009-10-06

because they dont want it getting out until its all done... they dont want people complainin about this or that or makin requests. when its where they want it, it will be released.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-10-06

As I said EACH person is receiving a copy of the skin SPECIFIC to them.

- grupy - 2009-10-06

I hope with the release of the ALPHA version of this skin will help in possibly locating bugs and other items that perhaps may have been missed so this skin gets released sooner than later.

Excellent work on the skin team!

- XBMCG33K - 2009-10-06

Yeah this helps us in that way as well. As we all are "inside the box" we may have missed somethings. However it's an Alpha version of the skin meaning things are not complete, unlike Beta which will be for bug testing and so on.

- Arcanthur - 2009-10-06

Yeah, those of you getting the alpha, absolutely let us know if something is completely broken or feels wrong, and we will let you know if it's due to being unfinished or something that was overlooked.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-10-07

Some more details on the Beta, and Alpha's coming soon:

http://teamblackbolt.co.uk/beta.php

- thesoulhacker - 2009-10-07

First time I'm seeing something like this I must admit. You guys are working really hard on restricting the number of people able to test your alpha when you have an entire community eager to test it for you and give you feedback.

I just don't understand this philosophy of "exclusivity" from an entire "team" when you have single people "teams" all around the xbmc community releasing their skin in alpha for everyone to test and help out.

I don't understand your position at all but I'll respect it as this is your hard work we're talking about. good luck in your alpha!

UPDATE: ok, after seeing your link and after seeing that you guys are asking for a donation to get in your alpha has me now outraged. You guys don't really understand what the word community means. seriously.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-10-07

thesoulhacker Wrote:First time I'm seeing something like this I must admit. You guys are working really hard on restricting the number of people able to test your alpha when you have an entire community eager to test it for you and give you feedback.

I just don't understand this philosophy of "exclusivity" from an entire "team" when you have single people "teams" all around the xbmc community releasing their skin in alpha for everyone to test and help out.

I don't understand your position at all but I'll respect it as this is your hard work we're talking about. good luck in your alpha!

I see where you are coming from however our decision to do this is simply to control (or try to) people from leaking an unfinished project. YES I understand we could just not release it in an Alpha stage but as we all have this skin day in and day out we need people outside of the box, so to speak to see if we have missed anything.

Hopefully that explains our decision a little more, and quite honestly the skin is and always will be free just not for a while is all.

Outraged or not we're actually not asking for a single thing. If you are not of the originally specified group (original donators, XBMC Dev team, and family/friends) then there is only one way to get into the alpha, if that one way isn't something people want to take as an option then there is always the longer wait for an official release.

October 31st should make a few of our watchers very happy.

- nvaia - 2009-10-07

XBMCG33K Wrote:I see where you are coming from however our decision to do this is simply to control (or try to) people from leaking an unfinished project. YES I understand we could just not release it in an Alpha stage but as we all have this skin day in and day out we need people outside of the box, so to speak to see if we have missed anything.

Hopefully that explains our decision a little more, and quite honestly the skin is and always will be free just not for a while is all.

Good luck

- picodegiao - 2009-10-07

I really don't understand why people get so upset over this stuff. Its just a skin (yeah, a f***ing awesome skin). You can CHOOSE to donate or CHOOSE to not donate. Stop whining and just wait until they release it to everyone. They could have just given it out to the Admins only. But they are allowing others to try it out early for a small donation. And the people who donate will be grateful for the opportunity.

- thesoulhacker - 2009-10-07

XBMCG33K Wrote:I see where you are coming from however our decision to do this is simply to control (or try to) people from leaking an unfinished project. YES I understand we could just not release it in an Alpha stage but as we all have this skin day in and day out we need people outside of the box, so to speak to see if we have missed anything.

Outraged or not we're actually not asking for a single thing. If you are not of the originally specified group (original donators, XBMC Dev team, and family/friends) then there is only one way to get into the alpha, if that one way isn't something people want to take as an option then there is always the longer wait for an official release.

We don't agree on everything, but still good luck to you guys, still a great work you guys are doing. It's looking great.