Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- jayhawk785 - 2009-12-28

I dig it, but I alway have liked rotating backgrounds--am I missing how to do that, or is it something you guys decided not to include?

Liken' it either way though--fantastic work!

- NineT9mustang - 2009-12-28

downloading now, love the 360 dashboard, been looking forward to this day for a while, thanks xbmcgeek

- wimpy - 2009-12-28

This skin is, after just 30 min testing, my favourite skin by far! Great work guys!

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-28

Wasn't just me mate was the whole team especially rocky5 and arcanthur.

- wimpy - 2009-12-28

jayhawk785 Wrote:I dig it, but I alway have liked rotating backgrounds--am I missing how to do that, or is it something you guys decided not to include?

Liken' it either way though--fantastic work!

Guess they don't have the animations you are used to with other skins. Put in a suggestion/request for this and maybe they will include an option to enable it Smile

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-28

wimpy Wrote:Image

Another before I go to sleep: Possible to get more info on the tv shows screen using the space I outlined here ? For example Genres/Airdate.

I know this suggestion can be "hacked" by me myself, but would be nice to have in the next official release if possible.

I think studio flags were meant to be there lol will have a look.

- paularms - 2009-12-28

Such a beautiful skin. Great work! I do, however, have a few nit-picks and requests.

The animated ripple seems to eat up a lot of unnecessary processing power. Disabling it showed an immediate improvement in general usage.

It'd be great if there were a setting to turn off the animated weather icons... they look pretty crappy against the beauty of the rest of the interface, with the way they are abruptly cut off on the sides when animating.

The ever-so-subtle animation over the background image (is that a starburst rotating?) could use a disable toggle as well. I had to really stare hard to notice it, and it's really just another process-intensive, useless add-on.

Are there no navigation sounds? I really look forward to some good sound engineering with interfaces like this.

Can't we just disable the logo all-together? Where can one find instructions/requirements/recommendations for custom logos?

In the InfoPanel view, it would make a lot of sense to have the actual highlighted item have the largest font size than the director/writer lines. (I'm talking about under the show name [see screenshot])

I really appreciate the attention that went into all of the different menus and dialogs though (like the file browser that popped up when XBMC asked for the screenshot directory). That always seems like something overlooked when people are creating skins.

I know, that seems pretty nit-picky, but overall, the skin works and looks great! It'll probably be my default for a while to come! Congratulations to Team B.

[edit]Oh wow... hadn't even noticed the media/studio flags until just reviewing the screenshot I posted again. I'm very happy you all chose to make them so subtle, yet still there. I really dislike when they stick out like a sore thumb in some of the other skins. Nice![/edit]

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-28

Go to Options>Customization>Backgrounds jayhawk785

- wimpy - 2009-12-28

Rocky5 Wrote:I think studio flags were meant to be there lol will have a look.

Might be my nfo's not containing studio flags :> But ok it's supposed to show studio flags. Then my feature request changes to this:

Option to show either Studio Flag _or_ airdate/genre =)

Allow multiple images to rotate in the background--is this something you guys may include?

- Arcanthur - 2009-12-28

jayhawk785 Wrote:Allow multiple images to rotate in the background--is this something you guys may include?

This is already included... Settings > Customization > Backgrounds

Pick a folder with images

I was in there, I'll take another look. It looked like it would only allow one image, not an entire folder to be selected.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-28

jayhawk785 as i said in the other thread go to Options>Customization>Backgrounds

- wimpy - 2009-12-28

jayhawk785 Wrote:Allow multiple images to rotate in the background--is this something you guys may include?

+1 on this if you mean "moving fanart" in the background while browsing Smile
EDIT: just read the post above and found out that jay and me meant different things. What i'd want (if it's possible) to add option to have "moving fanart" like in Rapier Qualar skin.

- ronie - 2009-12-28

after wetting my pants five times in the last 30 minutes, i can only come to one conclusion:
Best Skin Ever !