Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- Max1m - 2009-12-21

johoja Wrote:Do you think you could send me your /var/log/syslog ... ?

I have no such directory, only /var/log

- fanaticffwd - 2009-12-21

Could you add username and password as my xbmc webserver has this for various reasons.

testing without a passw. works great so far.

--

Edit: Nevermind just read your first post again

Add HTTP Authenticaiton

--

Thnx!!

- johoja - 2009-12-21

What do you guys think about an option to pause whats playing on an incoming call?

- Max1m - 2009-12-22

johoja Wrote:What do you guys think about an option to pause whats playing on an incoming call?

PauseHuh Cool if will be an option to dismiss or/and turn of sound in iphone (quite mode).

- johoja - 2009-12-22

Max1m Wrote:PauseHuh Cool if will be an option to dismiss or/and turn of sound in iphone (quite mode).

I'll have to look into it, it would require some work on the XBMC side as well ..probably an XBMC script. Not sure how easy / hard that would be.

Making it pause the current thing playing on an incoming call is pretty easy though.

- johoja - 2009-12-22

sPOiDar Wrote:What protocol are you using, i.e. - what port should be specified? If it's HTTP, there needs to be a provision for auth.

The port would be whatever you set in System->Network->Server in XBMC.

- canyonquest - 2009-12-22

This app is awesome. Just donated. One thing though, the screen says "Incomming Call" instead of "Incoming Call". I assume that is being sent from the app and isn't part of XBMC or the skin? Any reason you released through Cydia instead of iTunes? Thanks.

- johoja - 2009-12-22

canyonquest Wrote:This app is awesome. Just donated. One thing though, the screen says "Incomming Call" instead of "Incoming Call". I assume that is being sent from the app and isn't part of XBMC or the skin? Any reason you released through Cydia instead of iTunes? Thanks.

Yes my bad...typo. I'll fix it in the next release. iTunes apps don't let you run in the background, and theres no way to get incomming caller ids/smses in realtime with iTune apps..thats why Cydia is the only way to go.

Thanks for the donation ! Appreciate it.

- sPOiDar - 2009-12-22

This is looking quite good, my only suggestion would be an SBSettings toggle so that when I'm out of the house I can disable notifications easily.

- outleradam - 2009-12-22

a cydia release is not a release.

I am so not "pwning" my iPhone to install anything.

- johoja - 2009-12-22

outleradam Wrote:a cydia release is not a release.

There's no other way to get this app to do what it does the using the 'official sdk'. If there was I'd definitely would have gone that route.

Sorry.

- stoli - 2009-12-22

[OT] But "pwning" and xbox is ok? [/OT] Oo

johoja: Program works well - thanks!

- johoja - 2009-12-22

stoli Wrote:[OT] But "pwning" and xbox is ok? [/OT] Oo

johoja: Program works well - thanks!

Thanks..

Is anyone in here using Windows for XBMC? If they are is the Notify App Working?

- sPOiDar - 2009-12-22

Thanks for undermining the developer's efforts. In future, you're welcome to keep your useless opinions and comments to yourself. As was already explained earlier in the thread (if you'd bothered to read it) - this functionality is not possible within the restrictions of the iPhone SDK.

- forex - 2009-12-22

Any change you can implement email notification as well?
Love the app, good job!