Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- Ersan - 2010-05-10

What happened with Boxee support? It seems to work great in XBMC but Boxee still isn't working, did they ever fix the FileUpload problem? Or was a workaround ever added?

- johoja - 2010-05-10

Ersan Wrote:What happened with Boxee support? It seems to work great in XBMC but Boxee still isn't working, did they ever fix the FileUpload problem? Or was a workaround ever added?

The latest beta of Boxee had fixed those issues, as far as I know. I was emailed that they were fixed, and I tested it back then, and it was working.

- Ersan - 2010-05-11

Hmm... Isn't working for me now :\ Anyone confirm?

- johoja - 2010-05-11

Ersan Wrote:Hmm... Isn't working for me now :\ Anyone confirm?

One thing I do remember as a bug in Boxee was that even if you enter a Password/Username when setting it up in Boxee it actually does not work, so try leaving the password area blank in Notify Pro.

- Mrkennedy - 2010-05-11

In a nutshell what does this do?

- LastMile - 2010-05-12

Mrkennedy Wrote:In a nutshell what does this do?

Runs on your iPhone and pushes notifications of incoming calls, email, SMS, etc to XBMC over wifi.

I just set this up the other day and was pretty impressed when a dialog box popped up in the right hand corner of the screen while watching a movie telling me who was calling.

I've set my message display time to 20 seconds so I can actually read most short emails and SMS messages without having to go to my phone or PC.

- Ersan - 2010-05-12

johoja Wrote:One thing I do remember as a bug in Boxee was that even if you enter a Password/Username when setting it up in Boxee it actually does not work, so try leaving the password area blank in Notify Pro.

EDIT: Aha, it does work... but only for contacts that have photos lol. Anyone in my iphone without a photo in their contact information will not show a notice in boxee when they call, but people that do work great - their photo shows up in the boxee notice on an incoming call but not when I receive a text (don't know if that is intended). XBMC is unaffected by this bug.

- johoja - 2010-05-13

Ersan Wrote:EDIT: Aha, it does work... but only for contacts that have photos lol. Anyone in my iphone without a photo in their contact information will not show a notice in boxee when they call, but people that do work great - their photo shows up in the boxee notice on an incoming call but not when I receive a text (don't know if that is intended). XBMC is unaffected by this bug.

Most likely a bug in Boxee, I would assume. I use the same code path for both XBMC/Boxee.

It's just the way they handle the HTTP API on their end, at least its better before it would crash Smile and wouldn't allow file uploading, I submitted a bug report, and got in touch with some of their devs to get that fixed. I never submitted a bug report for the password issue though.

- johoja - 2010-05-13

LastMile Wrote:Runs on your iPhone and pushes notifications of incoming calls, email, SMS, etc to XBMC over wifi.

I just set this up the other day and was pretty impressed when a dialog box popped up in the right hand corner of the screen while watching a movie telling me who was calling.

I've set my message display time to 20 seconds so I can actually read most short emails and SMS messages without having to go to my phone or PC.

It can work over 3G as well, and is not limited to just XBMC.

It can push those messages to:

XBMC on Windows/Mac/Linux
Growl, on Windows/Mac/Linux
Notify.io on Windows/Mac/Website
EventGhost on Windows. (this can let you script things like pause xbmc on incoming call, etc)

- bostoneric - 2010-05-18

edit: got it working.

so far so good! thanks for all the hard work.

now just need to figure out how to edit the pop up box on xbmc live rapier skin.

- bostoneric - 2010-05-18

kurnalbert Wrote:I am having a small problem with this app.

The text of the notification doesn't seem to be showing in the skin I normally use. I use rapier colour fork. When the notification pops up, it is a black box with a lightning bolt in it and no text.

I tried switching to Aeon which did display the text. I was wondering if there is anything I can do so that it shows up properly in Rapier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

I get the black box with the lightning bolt also.

but it does show
SMS / Sender name
scrolling txt under it.

just need to figure out how to position it better and get it to pull down the contacts caller iD photo instead of the lightning bolt.

- johoja - 2010-05-20

bostoneric Wrote:I get the black box with the lightning bolt also.

but it does show
SMS / Sender name
scrolling txt under it.

just need to figure out how to position it better and get it to pull down the contacts caller iD photo instead of the lightning bolt.

The skin file to play with is "DialogKaiToast.xml" , you can play around with the xml there and get it to display the notification how you like it.

I'm no xbmc skinner so I don't know much other than that.

doesn't work on VIsta - hamaraghar - 2010-05-26

Hi

I have windows Vista and i installed growl on it. I then installed notifypro on my iphone.

Configured both growl and notifypro as per youtube video but it doesn;t seem to work.

I have a local wifi address with static ips for all my devices.

hama

Notify Pro Not working on my PC - hamaraghar - 2010-05-27

hamaraghar Wrote:Hi

I have windows Vista and i installed growl on it. I then installed notifypro on my iphone.

Configured both growl and notifypro as per youtube video but it doesn;t seem to work.

I have a local wifi address with static ips for all my devices.

hama

Windows VISTA
Growl v2.0.3.4

Purchased Notifypro from Cydia - $1.5
PC IP is fixed as 192.168.0.2
Notify Pro config:
Growl settings: Added IP as 192.168.0.2:23053 with password.

Growl settings on pc.
Security:
Allow network notification checked with the same password.

Not receiving any notifications.
Help.

- nartac - 2010-06-21

johoja, I want to thank again for a wonderful app. It's well worth the minimal amount I spent on it. I do have a problem recently after custom firmware upgrade.

I just restored a custom 3.1.3 firmware and reinstalled everything. Redownloaded notify pro from cydia as well at SB toggle. Everything works as when I was running 3.1.2 except the SB toggle. When off and when I receive emails, growl doesn't notify me as it should. When I do get push notification, however, growl continues to notify me despite the toggle is off. Can you help me with this. I prefer not to revert back to 3.1.2 because have some softwares that require 3.1.3 firmware. Thanks