Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- johoja - 2010-10-25

kyle0k Wrote:Just sent it to you Smile

Please use pastebin or something sendspace is blocked for me. Also some details about your device, and what fw version your using.

- kyle0k - 2010-10-25

johoja Wrote:Please use pastebin or something sendspace is blocked for me. Also some details about your device, and what fw version your using.

ok, so paste the contents of the two files?

Its all in the crash reports.. but im iphone 4 using 4.01....

Look for a PM with pastebin links, within minute or so

- johoja - 2010-10-25

kyle0k Wrote:ok, so paste the contents of the two files?

Its all in the crash reports.. but im iphone 4 using 4.01....

Look for a PM with pastebin links, within minute or so

Thanks, I need the syslog as well, they help more. Could you send that. Check your PM.

- iorifly - 2010-10-26

Johoa,
Can you help me with the problem of displaying the images? posted the log and my system is Windows 7, not found this special folder / temp ....

- johoja - 2010-10-26

iorifly Wrote:Johoa,
Can you help me with the problem of displaying the images? posted the log and my system is Windows 7, not found this special folder / temp ....

I have been trying to help you I've told you a few times that if it doesn't display and the file exists there's nothing I can do about it, even if the file does exist, I don't really support Windows. I don't use it. Either way your looking in the wrong folder for the *.png file it should be here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache

It could vary depending on your Windows version.

The file does exist though, otherwise your xbmc.log would have given a different error. Yours gave an error about a bad *.png not a file not found error. Those bad *png* files I don't know how to fix. I believe they are because the iPhone stores a picture inside a picture i.e) one full size image, and one small thumbnail size which I think is valid. The image parser in XBMC does not like that I think. Either way I've tried to help you as much as I can there's not much more I can do. Especially when it's working for other people.

Off Topic:
For people using notify.io the 404 errors should be fixed even with out NP 1.59 the devs on their side have fixed the API error that I found. (it came up when they moved servers around to help stability). Enjoy.

I'll try and add those new features I was talking about in the coming week or two very busy with my day job unfortunately ( sw eng )

- MadMan29729 - 2010-10-26

johoja Wrote:Is the bug only effecting push notifications? Or SMS / call as well.

I'm a little confused on what your saying. Could you show me a screen shot of the push notification and what the bug is.

srry it took me so long to reply didn't realize that you had replied...

here is the original notification on the iPhone...

here is the growl notification...

if you look at the growl notification it says (null) well thats b/c it tries to use the first name...

i just happen to have the company name set to imperial pools...

this bug takes place if any of the names start with "im"
as far as i know only IM+ causes this bug.. but there may be others...

dk if it happens with calls/sms's as i only have an iPod Touch..

- johoja - 2010-10-26

MadMan29729 Wrote:srry it took me so long to reply didn't realize that you had replied...

here is the original notification on the iPhone...

here is the growl notification...

if you look at the growl notification it says (null) well thats b/c it tries to use the first name...

i just happen to have the company name set to imperial pools...

this bug takes place if any of the names start with "im"
as far as i know only IM+ causes this bug.. but there may be others...

dk if it happens with calls/sms's as i only have an iPod Touch..

I'll install IM+ and try to reproduce it.

On a sidenote :

http://notifo.com/desktop#windows

notifo.com - ( an alternative to notify.io ) now supports receiving your notifications on Windows!

- stoli - 2010-10-26

What skin are you using and I will try and reproduce...

skin aeon - iorifly - 2010-10-28

Stoil,

First thank you! I'm using the skin of AEON marcosQ

- iorifly - 2010-10-28

johoja Wrote:I have been trying to help you I've told you a few times that if it doesn't display and the file exists there's nothing I can do about it, even if the file does exist, I don't really support Windows. I don't use it. Either way your looking in the wrong folder for the *.png file it should be here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache

It could vary depending on your Windows version.

The file does exist though, otherwise your xbmc.log would have given a different error. Yours gave an error about a bad *.png not a file not found error. Those bad *png* files I don't know how to fix. I believe they are because the iPhone stores a picture inside a picture i.e) one full size image, and one small thumbnail size which I think is valid. The image parser in XBMC does not like that I think. Either way I've tried to help you as much as I can there's not much more I can do. Especially when it's working for other people.

Off Topic:
For people using notify.io the 404 errors should be fixed even with out NP 1.59 the devs on their side have fixed the API error that I found. (it came up when they moved servers around to help stability). Enjoy.

I'll try and add those new features I was talking about in the coming week or two very busy with my day job unfortunately ( sw eng )

Johoa,
ok the file does not exist, I have to create the image? iphone or she migrates to this folder? or have to create an image for each contact I have in my iphone?
THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP EVEN! HAS BEEN OF GREAT VALUE

- johoja - 2010-10-29

ok the file does not exist, I have to create the image? iphone or she migrates to this folder? or have to create an image for each contact I have in my iphone?
THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP EVEN! HAS BEEN OF GREAT VALUE

NP should attempt to upload the image using XBMC HTTP API, put xbmc into debug log mode, and pastebin the log you should see an upload request, otherwise you have a config messed up.

- provider999 - 2010-10-31

hello, I did buy com.johoja.notifypro from Cydia today, I have hours trying to make it work, but nothing happens,

I haven't found they way to receive a growl notification,

I am on a Iphone 3gs (new bootrom) 4.1 jailbreak with limera1n and

trying to send notifications to my macbook pro with 10.6.4, growl 1.2.1.....

growl settings on iphone
title:xxx
ip: my external ip:9887
pass: xxx
call: on
sms: on
push: on
mail: off
use UDP: ON

on mbp: the firewall: accepting conexions

I even try with the firewall OFF

- johoja - 2010-11-01

provider999 Wrote:hello, I did buy com.johoja.notifypro from Cydia today, I have hours trying to make it work, but nothing happens,

I haven't found they way to receive a growl notification,

I am on a Iphone 3gs (new bootrom) 4.1 jailbreak with limera1n and

trying to send notifications to my macbook pro with 10.6.4, growl 1.2.1.....

growl settings on iphone
title:xxx
ip: my external ip:9887
pass: xxx
call: on
sms: on
push: on
mail: off
use UDP: ON

on mbp: the firewall: accepting conexions

I even try with the firewall OFF

If your using your external IP that means your router should have port forwarding setup, to avoid all that though i recommend using notify.io using Growl UDP you can't even reply to messages with notify.io you can!

notify.io INSTALLED - provider999 - 2010-11-02

johoja Wrote:If your using your external IP that means your router should have port forwarding setup, to avoid all that though i recommend using notify.io using Growl UDP you can't even reply to messages with notify.io you can!

hello Johoja!
ok I did follow your advise and install notify.io...
yes.. it works inmediately.. however.. when an SMS comes in I can see the popup notification, I click on it to REPLY

and it opens safari.. http://10.0.1.xx:8080/%2B58%2PHONENUMBER%269490
and sort of freeze there for long time... (like loading something....) but does nothing...

what should I do to make it work?

by the way... it makes me download and install 'Desktop Notifier' AND is this last app which show the popup windows..

i haven't change anything on the notify.io settings.... do I need to change something?

- iorifly - 2010-11-02

johoja Wrote:NP should attempt to upload the image using XBMC HTTP API, put xbmc into debug log mode, and pastebin the log you should see an upload request, otherwise you have a config messed up.

Joho,

My question is simple! images that are in my contacts in IPHONE will migrate to the xbmc? or have to copy to the pc?
About the log already posted ... and you saw the error! when I try to open the image for the event web image appears!