Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- forex - 2009-12-24

johoja Wrote:Push Notifications are different than SMSes.

I'll install it BiteSMS and see what happens. Has anyone else had the issue of not having SMS's being notified, and caller's showing up as Unknown?

Same thing with iRealSMS as BiteSMS, sms doesn't get through.
Hope it's something you can fix.

- johoja - 2009-12-24

forex Wrote:Same thing with iRealSMS as BiteSMS, sms doesn't get through.
Hope it's something you can fix.

It should be fixed in 1.5. I usually update the first post with all the changes.

Just waiting for it to show up on Cydia. Maybe BigBoss is on Christmas break Smile.

- drivesoslow - 2009-12-25

It would be nice if we could adjust the length of time the message would be visible, and if we could edit the string displayed so it could say "Incoming Call From Whoever's Phone"

- forex - 2009-12-25

johoja Wrote:It should be fixed in 1.5. I usually update the first post with all the changes.

Just waiting for it to show up on Cydia. Maybe BigBoss is on Christmas break Smile.

Confirmed working with iRealSMS, thx a bunch! Smile

- dirtylion - 2009-12-25

merry xmas to all Smile
maybe someone can help me..
i install this app via cydia and setup "xbmc ip" "xbmc user/pass"
i enable the webserver in xbmc running on port 8080.
but when somebody call me nothing happend in xmbc Sad
same with sms service
i am running the lastes xbmc for windows i disable already winows firewall !

from my pc i can connect and login to http://192.168.1.9:8080

- hotlobster - 2009-12-25

Hi guy.

Gratz for your apps, it's working well here.

Some comments thought:

- If you put an internal ip for your xbmc server, it means that you need your iphone to send notifications on wifi network. When the phone is in standby mode, the wifi is disconnected, and then the phone don't try to connect on the wireless network before sending notification ( probably trying to send it trought 3g ).

As I don't see such intereset to be notified on my xbmc when I'm outside of my home, perhaps an option to force notification trought wifi would be cool.

- I'd like the possibility to choose what kind of info you want to show on your xbmc screen.
SMS: Sender id + Full message ( actual situation )
Sender Id only
Anonymous ( just "Incoming SMS" notify )

CALL: Caller Id
Anonymous ( " Just Incoming Call " )

Imagine , you are with your official gf and then you receive a sms from a hot babe your not supposed to speak with, printed in the middle of your screen... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd like to avoid those kind of situations Smile

- dirtylion - 2009-12-25

ok sorry all is working i forgot the :port Smile

is there any way to make the info screen in xbmc bigger ?

- drivesoslow - 2009-12-25

Also multiple hosts would be awesome

- johoja - 2009-12-25

dirtylion Wrote:ok sorry all is working i forgot the :port Smile

is there any way to make the info screen in xbmc bigger ?

Thats dependent on your skin in XBMC you can modify the DialogKaiToast.xml file of the skin your using to spruce up how your notification looks.

There's examples here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45613

If you scroll down to the bottom you'll see that someone has modified it to make it a lot bigger.

- johoja - 2009-12-25

hotlobster Wrote:As I don't see such intereset to be notified on my xbmc when I'm outside of my home, perhaps an option to force notification trought wifi would be cool.

That's true, I'd thought of adding that option. I'll see if I can put it in the next release. Along with the SBSettings Toggle....

Quote:- I'd like the possibility to choose what kind of info you want to show on your xbmc screen.
SMS: Sender id + Full message ( actual situation )
Sender Id only
Anonymous ( just "Incoming SMS" notify )

CALL: Caller Id
Anonymous ( " Just Incoming Call " )

Sure .. I'll put it in.

Quote:Imagine , you are with your official gf and then you receive a sms from a hot babe your not supposed to speak with, printed in the middle of your screen... I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd like to avoid those kind of situations Smile

Haha... thanks for your feedback I like getting suggestions. I'll update the todo list.

- johoja - 2009-12-25

drivesoslow Wrote:It would be nice if we could adjust the length of time the message would be visible, and if we could edit the string displayed so it could say "Incoming Call From Whoever's Phone"

Yeah I was already going to add the length configurability the 30 second timeout right now it to high for me.

I doubt I will add the customized string though to many other things to do.

- drivesoslow - 2009-12-26

johoja Wrote:Yeah I was already going to add the length configurability the 30 second timeout right now it to high for me.

I doubt I will add the customized string though to many other things to do.

Do you think we could get multiple hosts?

- johoja - 2009-12-26

drivesoslow Wrote:Do you think we could get multiple hosts?

You mean sending to multpile hosts. Or you configure multpile hosts and select an active one ?

- drivesoslow - 2009-12-26

johoja Wrote:You mean sending to multpile hosts. Or you configure multpile hosts and select an active one ?

Sending to multiple hosts

Notification text not showing - kurnalbert - 2009-12-27

I am having a small problem with this app.

The text of the notification doesn't seem to be showing in the skin I normally use. I use rapier colour fork. When the notification pops up, it is a black box with a lightning bolt in it and no text.

I tried switching to Aeon which did display the text. I was wondering if there is anything I can do so that it shows up properly in Rapier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!