Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- johoja - 2010-11-15

stoli Wrote:That would be perfect.

I've looked into a bit more, looks like the new webserver does not allow large files like that to be uploaded anymore...since its a png....converting the png to a jpeg and compressing results in this in xbmc..

Quote:18:41:36 T:1912 M:4055531520 DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://temp/Saqeb Akhter.jpg Error:Invalid JPEG file structure: two SOF markers (0)

Not sure what to do from my end to fix this... i think someone might need to be changed in xbmc for it to work going further...

update: fixed should be a test version on beta repo soon... played around with the jpeg header file before uploading seem to have gotten it working in xbmc... for some reason though it only uploads the 2nd time. (i.e after the 2nd notification display pics will start showing up).

Please test and let me know how you fare...

- iorifly - 2010-11-15

johoja Wrote:I've looked into a bit more, looks like the new webserver does not allow large files like that to be uploaded anymore...since its a png....converting the png to a jpeg and compressing results in this in xbmc..

Not sure what to do from my end to fix this... i think someone might need to be changed in xbmc for it to work going further...

update: fixed should be a test version on beta repo soon... played around with the jpeg header file before uploading seem to have gotten it working in xbmc... for some reason though it only uploads the 2nd time. (i.e after the 2nd notification display pics will start showing up).

Please test and let me know how you fare...

I need to download another NP? I have to do to actually test? XMBC upgrade?

- johoja - 2010-11-15

iorifly Wrote:I need to download another NP? I have to do to actually test? XBMC upgrade?

Let stoli do the testing... i think he understands the problem a bit better.

- iorifly - 2010-11-15

johoja Wrote:Let stoli do the testing... i think he understands the problem a bit better.

ok !!!! I'm waiting anxiously ...

- stoli - 2010-11-15

Sure enough, on the second notification the image is sent and displayed.

- iorifly - 2010-11-15

How can I see working?? I am very anxious ... NP direct use in my house!

- stoli - 2010-11-15

@iorifly - I suspect johoja will update the version in Cydia shortly...

- johoja - 2010-11-15

stoli Wrote:@iorifly - I suspect johoja will update the version in Cydia shortly...

Looks like it's working, I've also added Pause Video on incoming call....havnet been able to test it though since i don't have an iPhone anymore ( just an ipod touch ) I will most likely update the beta repo again later today and once that's confirmed working, I will push the update to Cydia stable

I'll have to look into why it has to see two notifications to actually work though ... might need to use wireshark or somethign to see what's happening...

Either way looks like it's working now main problem was that the new webserver has a size limit for fileUpload. So I know send compressed jpg's instead. (quality is probably worse for the pics). You can always replace the pics with your own higher quality ones I guess.

- stoli - 2010-11-15

I'll give that a test tonight and let you know the results.

- johoja - 2010-11-16

stoli Wrote:I'll give that a test tonight and let you know the results.

Updated to 1.61 - added Pause Video on Call ... might need to re-add your XBMC hosts.

Also, is anyone with iPhone4's having issues saving changes via the PrefsApp? I'm not sure but for some reason someone's changes are not being saved.....

- iorifly - 2010-11-16

The update is in cidya? only to see the 1.59-1! not to sell the 1.6

- stoli - 2010-11-16

It's still in the beta repo - I'll try and test it tonight.

- johoja - 2010-11-16

iorifly Wrote:The update is in cidya? only to see the 1.59-1! not to sell the 1.6

It's currently in testing, once a few people test it out and say it's okay I'll update the official version.

- stoli - 2010-11-16

I wasn't able to test the pause on video yet (don't have any media here), but everything else is working on 1.61.

- iorifly - 2010-11-16

johoja Wrote:It's currently in testing, once a few people test it out and say it's okay I'll update the official version.

repo where I get this beta? ?

down where it beta?