Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- iorifly - 2010-11-17

please, down where it beta?

- stoli - 2010-11-17

@iorifly - I have to say, just relax a little bit. Johoja puts out the fixes promptly and a few of us test them and then he updates the official release.

- iorifly - 2010-11-17

Ok, sorry ... I'm liking the program and wanted to test ... I'm doing this all the time .. I'll wait ... : (

- LastMile - 2010-11-18

I'm not getting any notifications popping up when the screensaver is on.

Is this expected behaviour? Probably XBMC related, rather than Notify Pro.

My screensaver is set to "Dim" after a few minutes of idle.

Seeing as my TV is pretty much running XBMC all the time I'm home, whether I'm actively using it or not, it'd be great if Notify Pro could somehow deactivate the screensaver before pushing the notification.

- johoja - 2010-11-18

LastMile Wrote:I'm not getting any notifications popping up when the screensaver is on.

Is this expected behaviour? Probably XBMC related, rather than Notify Pro.

My screensaver is set to "Dim" after a few minutes of idle.

Seeing as my TV is pretty much running XBMC all the time I'm home, whether I'm actively using it or not, it'd be great if Notify Pro could somehow deactivate the screensaver before pushing the notification.

Yeah I believe that's expected behavior .... I can send a keypress before hand.... only problem with that is that..what if the screen saver is not on....sending a keypress might do something unintentional...ill look into it...maybe you can also open up a ticket with xbmc

Also, i believe 1.61 has hit the repo.

update: i can get the currently running window, and then do something...maybe

- LastMile - 2010-11-19

Thanks johoja.

johoja Wrote:Also, i believe 1.61 has hit the repo.

Yep, just updated. Now I need someone to call so I can test the new pause feature Smile

- johoja - 2010-11-19

LastMile Wrote:Thanks johoja.

Yep, just updated. Now I need someone to call so I can test the new pause feature Smile

It's not perfect I will be making changes to it... it does not un-pause automatically, and it will pause as soon as you get a call ( not when you answer it ) and I don't think it does outgoing calls. (I don't have an iPhone anymore so I did this update by memory mostly...)

But in the next release I'll be making the following changes

1) Pause when
- The call is connected (Doesn't matter if it was incoming or outgoing)
2) Un-pause when call is disconnected.

Also you might need to re-add your XBMC hosts....there's a new toggle button to turn on/off this feature.

And just a question....any other XBMC specific features anyone want ? (Don't say SMS reply...that's to hard....well technically you can reply from XBMC as well...someone just needs to write an addon for it, and I can call that addon when someone SMS's instead of doing a notification and they can reply using HTTP same way as growl.)

- LastMile - 2010-11-19

johoja Wrote:But in the next release I'll be making the following changes

1) Pause when
- The call is connected (Doesn't matter if it was incoming or outgoing)
2) Un-pause when call is disconnected.

Pause on incoming calls is working well.

Personally, I like that it pauses on ring rather than on connection, as my iPhone is often in another room, charging, syncing, etc. Who needs it near when Notify Pro lets me know what's going on.

For similar reasons I'd prefer not to un-pause on disconnect, I'm often wandering around the house/garden while on the phone, so having un-pause happen when I'm not in the room would be a pain.

Maybe the ability to toggle the ring/connection option would be usefull.

Also, what about a separate feature to pause or reduce volume by 50% when playing music? Often I've got the music cranking and don't hear the phone ringing.

- johoja - 2010-11-19

LastMile Wrote:Pause on incoming calls is working well.

Personally, I like that it pauses on ring rather than on connection, as my iPhone is often in another room, charging, syncing, etc. Who needs it near when Notify Pro lets me know what's going on.

For similar reasons I'd prefer not to un-pause on disconnect, I'm often wandering around the house/garden while on the phone, so having un-pause happen when I'm not in the room would be a pain.

Maybe the ability to toggle the ring/connection option would be usefull.

Also, what about a separate feature to pause or reduce volume by 50% when playing music? Often I've got the music cranking and don't hear the phone ringing.

Configurable it is...

- iorifly - 2010-11-19

Already launched the final version? because I'm still seeing in the cydia version 1.59 to 1.6 and not

Sorry now I noticed that in this relase

- chencho - 2010-11-22

Hi!

I'm very interesting into Notify Pro (not in XBMC really) and this forum is the only site i find to ask about.

Well, here is my scenario:

I have a hackintosh (leopard) into the car, pluged with a 7" TFT and an iPhone 4.

I want to see incoming calls into the 7" tft; handsfree goes to parrot, not necessary nothing else than show the info at the display.

Well; i have a bt dongle, but iphone 4 dont want to appear with it; i can see it, put the pin code, but never connects. Then BPE2 and Phone Amego is not a suitable solution.

Here is where Notifi Pro appear. But... if i plug a wifi into my hackintosh, i cant use Airport (is not made by apple) and i cant to create my wifi into Leopard (use it as router and then connect with iPhone 4)

Is any way to connect Notify Pro with a mac (well, hackintosh)? bt? usb?

- johoja - 2010-11-22

chencho Wrote:Hi!

I'm very interesting into Notify Pro (not in XBMC really) and this forum is the only site i find to ask about.

Well, here is my scenario:

I have a hackintosh (leopard) into the car, pluged with a 7" TFT and an iPhone 4.

I want to see incoming calls into the 7" tft; handsfree goes to parrot, not necessary nothing else than show the info at the display.

Well; i have a bt dongle, but iphone 4 dont want to appear with it; i can see it, put the pin code, but never connects. Then BPE2 and Phone Amego is not a suitable solution.

Here is where Notifi Pro appear. But... if i plug a wifi into my hackintosh, i cant use Airport (is not made by apple) and i cant to create my wifi into Leopard (use it as router and then connect with iPhone 4)

Is any way to connect Notify Pro with a mac (well, hackintosh)? bt? usb?

You could try a ad-hoc wifi network

- chencho - 2010-11-22

Ad-hoc with Airport is easy to do, but i dont have a wifi adapter made by apple and i need to use Ralink Wireless Utility wich cant create a network in ad-hoc mode.

I'm looking about create it from console, but not sure where osx store networks configurations files to edit.

Maybe something like this:

ifconfig en3 up 192.168.200.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 mode ad-hoc essid MyWifi

- stoli - 2010-11-22

iorifly Wrote:Already launched the final version? because I'm still seeing in the cydia version 1.59 to 1.6 and not

Sorry now I noticed that in this relase

After all this I have to ask you iorfly, is it working for you now? Big Grin

regards,

- chencho - 2010-11-23

Hi all!

With Ralink utility i can create ad-hoc wireless Smile

Now i have mac as 192.168.2.1 and iphone as 192.168.2.2

At Growl Settings:

Code:
192.168.2.1:23052
Password
All on except Use UDP