Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- johoja - 2011-03-03

michaeldecharon Wrote:Thanks LastMile,

That's what i mean!

And i've got another idea...

When i receive a push notification from my TV guide app on my iPhone, i want to extract the tv-channel so that i can use this info to automatically switch my TV to the right channel.

Pushmessage looks like:

HTTP.Michael::Ring:Tongueush::TVGiDS.tv::'My name is Earl' begint over 4 min op RTL 5. (18:05 uur). Aflevering: Faked my own death Pechvogel Earl besluit na een reeks wonderlijke gebeurtenissen om

The tv-channel=RTL 5

I want to use this script:

if parts[4] == "*RTL 5*":

Only the wildcards (*) won't work :confused2:

Can someone help me out, i don't know how to use wildcards in a Pythonscript.

Wild cards won't work in that context, but I think you can do this:

if parts[4].find("RTL 5") != -1:
blahblah

How are you switching the channels on your tv...?

It would be cool if more tv's in the future had some sort of API ...would be even cooler if it was a common API...

I haven't had time to continue on the samsung thing..i know what the bug is need time to test it. Anyone here have a samsung tv?

- michaeldecharon - 2011-03-03

johoja Wrote:Wild cards won't work in that context, but I think you can do this:

if parts[4].find("RTL 5") != -1:
blahblah

How are you switching the channels on your tv...?

It would be cool if more tv's in the future had some sort of API ...would be even cooler if it was a common API...

I haven't had time to continue on the samsung thing..i know what the bug is need time to test it. Anyone here have a samsung tv?

Thanks johoja!

Your commandline works perfect!

To change the channels on my tv with Notify Pro i use a work around:

Eventghost extracts the right text (tv-channel), thanks to you Laugh, every tv-channel gets his own commandline based on the right text (tv-channel) to activate a event in Homeseer Pro. The event will send a IR signal equal to the text (tv-channel) extracted from the push notification.

For ir receiving and sending i'm using the IR-Trans (usb hardware device)

- johoja - 2011-03-03

michaeldecharon Wrote:Thanks johoja!

Your commandline works perfect!

To change the channels on my tv with Notify Pro i use a work around:

Eventghost extracts the right text (tv-channel), thanks to you Laugh, every tv-channel gets his own commandline based on the right text (tv-channel) to activate a event in Homeseer Pro. The event will send a IR signal equal to the text (tv-channel) extracted from the push notification.

For ir receiving and sending i'm using the IR-Trans (usb hardware device)

Ah, yeah I was wondering what home automation gear you had. I've been looking into it. To expensive for my budget Sad hehe.

Glad you got it to work. Pythons not to bad.

johoja Wrote:Ah, yeah I was wondering what home automation gear you had. I've been looking into it. To expensive for my budget Sad hehe.

Glad you got it to work. Pythons not to bad.

As a matter of fact, the only thing that's expensive is Homeseer Pro (but google is your friend). The hardware is doable, you can purchase different modules and the outcome is really stunning!

Unfortunately your solution reacts on every message from my phone Blush

Do you have any other suggestions?

- johoja - 2011-03-03

michaeldecharon Wrote:As a matter of fact, the only thing that's expensive is Homeseer Pro (but google is your friend). The hardware is doable, you can purchase different modules and the outcome is really stunning!

Unfortunately your solution reacts on every message from my phone Blush

Do you have any other suggestions?

You mean its changing channels every time?

show me your script (pastebin), and maybe a screenshot of what eventghost is doing.

johoja Wrote:You mean its changing channels every time?

show me your script (pastebin), and maybe a screenshot of what eventghost is doing.

My girlfriend wants to watch tv now Blush

But within a couple of days i will PM you...

Thanks anyway!

- johoja - 2011-03-03

michaeldecharon Wrote:My girlfriend wants to watch tv now Blush

But within a couple of days i will PM you...

Thanks anyway!

No worries, I prefer email : [email protected]

- michaeldecharon - 2011-03-04

johoja Wrote:No worries, I prefer email : [email protected]

Check your mail Big Grin

I will post the other things later... on this forum

- stoli - 2011-03-05

@johoja - Finally got around to putting syslog back on and trying to track down while some contact images come across and others do not. Here's a syslog when the image was not displayed in xbmc:

http://pastebin.com/S1jQc0Qm

Then, how about a minor feature request - why not send the NofifyPro logo/icon when no contact picture is available?

Thanks for your work as always,

- michaeldecharon - 2011-03-07

johoja Wrote:You mean its changing channels every time?

Strange...

Looks like your script does work! Magic?

How are you doing with Homeseer?

- johoja - 2011-03-07

stoli Wrote:@johoja - Finally got around to putting syslog back on and trying to track down while some contact images come across and others do not. Here's a syslog when the image was not displayed in xbmc:

http://pastebin.com/S1jQc0Qm

Then, how about a minor feature request - why not send the NofifyPro logo/icon when no contact picture is available?

Thanks for your work as always,

It could be that that specific image is to big? Starting with Dharma the new http server has size limits on what can be uploaded, I'm not sure what the limit is...

Does that specific contact image consistently fail to display?

- stoli - 2011-03-07

johoja Wrote:It could be that that specific image is to big? Starting with Dharma the new http server has size limits on what can be uploaded, I'm not sure what the limit is...

Does that specific contact image consistently fail to display?

Yeah - but I have tried changing images. I'll grab one I know is small and see what happens.

- johoja - 2011-03-07

stoli Wrote:Yeah - but I have tried changing images. I'll grab one I know is small and see what happens.

Thanks, let me know what happens either way.

- jadtec - 2011-03-08

bought this app like a week ago.. it works great with growl for windows.. and with notify.io.. now for some reason when i turned on my computer.. the notify.io in the application section on Growl disappeared and its not working with notify.io.. or at least not pushing to growl.. i can see my texts/mail etc. when i log into notify.io from firefox.. but it stopped working with growl..

also the 'how to set up eg' video link doesn't work.. but other than that.. it works really great and its really convenient since i tend to misplace my phone around the house a lot.. great app.. thank you

- johoja - 2011-03-08

jadtec Wrote:bought this app like a week ago.. it works great with growl for windows.. and with notify.io.. now for some reason when i turned on my computer.. the notify.io in the application section on Growl disappeared and its not working with notify.io.. or at least not pushing to growl.. i can see my texts/mail etc. when i log into notify.io from firefox.. but it stopped working with growl..

also the 'how to set up eg' video link doesn't work.. but other than that.. it works really great and its really convenient since i tend to misplace my phone around the house a lot.. great app.. thank you

In Growl I would double check that the subscription to notify.io is still there, if it is...re-add it..? notify.io isn't the most stable unfortunately .... I haven't heard of any problems with it lately though...you can always use notifo.com...which also has a growl plugin, and is also supported by NP.

As for EG support as far as I know the video is accurate, and it's working fine. I think a bunch of the regulars on this thread have been using/are using it. If you can pastebin your syslog or provide some more details I can try and figure out where you went wrong.

Other than that, thanks for buying NP! Smile