Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

Not working with xbox - toolboc - 2009-12-27

Tried using 1.5 version of notify with iphone 3.1.2 firmware with phone and sms notifications turned to on and ip set to 192.168.1.103:8080. Using Project Mayhem III SE skin. Still I am not getting any notifications, however I am able to access the webserver from my pc. I am running this on a soft-modded xbox. Web server is enabled on port 8080 and ip is static. Again no problems from pc. Anyone have any success using this with an xbox console? Any sugesstions?

*Fixed: Simply installed new SVN version of XBMC previous one from early December did not work!

- johoja - 2009-12-27

kurnalbert Wrote:I am having a small problem with this app.

The text of the notification doesn't seem to be showing in the skin I normally use. I use rapier colour fork. When the notification pops up, it is a black box with a lightning bolt in it and no text.

I tried switching to Aeon which did display the text. I was wondering if there is anything I can do so that it shows up properly in Rapier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

you would have to ask a skinner or play around with DialogKaiToast.xml in Rapier.

- michaeldecharon - 2009-12-27

Still got a problem when the iPhone is in standbye-mode: in this mode notification will not show.

Love to pay $1, but not trough paypall.

Maybe think about another way to pay for it?

- johoja - 2009-12-27

michaeldecharon Wrote:Still got a problem when the iPhone is in standbye-mode: in this mode notification will not show.

Love to pay $1, but not trough paypall.

Maybe think about another way to pay for it?

Your wifi might turn off in standby mode if your using your internal ip address. In that cause you need to use either your public ip and use your data network to send notifications , or, keep your phone plugged in at home that way wifi stays on.

For payments, I think its whatever cydia store uses. I haven't had time to add any new features last few days ( on vacation =] ) Probably will soon though.

- digzz - 2009-12-27

What's the name of this app on Cydia? I can't find it any where .

- johoja - 2009-12-27

digzz Wrote:What's the name of this app on Cydia? I can't find it any where .

It's called "Notify"

On the BigBoss repo.

Good Stuff! - joer14 - 2009-12-28

Thanks for this app. It is working really well on my original xbox running xbmc. We will see how does on camelot.

- drivesoslow - 2009-12-29

Would you be open to sharing the code or setting up a SVN repo so that other could help?

Wifi / external address - MikeyMike - 2009-12-29

Hi, Nice app.

I would like to make a suggestion.
I have tried an external address as notify server address plus set a NAT rule in my accesspoint, This does not work ( I believe) since the data network is not available during a call.

Wifi however is turned on and is logged on to the network right after the call (4-5 sec) is senced by the phone, but your app is not sending the notify command anymore by then.
Is there a wayyou can add that it detects the wifi and then sends the command again or just keeps sending the command?

I am not keen on keeping the phone on all the time...

? ps. on windows (confluence skin) the contact picture is not shown on V 1.5 or do I need to do anything special for it?

- johoja - 2009-12-30

MikeyMike Wrote:Hi, Nice app.

I would like to make a suggestion.
I have tried an external address as notify server address plus set a NAT rule in my accesspoint, This does not work ( I believe) since the data network is not available during a call.

Wifi however is turned on and is logged on to the network right after the call (4-5 sec) is senced by the phone, but your app is not sending the notify command anymore by then.
Is there a wayyou can add that it detects the wifi and then sends the command again or just keeps sending the command?

I am not keen on keeping the phone on all the time...

? ps. on windows (confluence skin) the contact picture is not shown on V 1.5 or do I need to do anything special for it?

Data network is only unavailable if you are using it on Edge, 3g should be fine.

I check which type of data network your on and don't send the notifications if on edge. If I even try to connect when on edge and an incomming call is coming the phone starts doing weird things.

In my tests confluence showed the displaypicutre fine with 1.5 of Notify on windows, without any changes.

- johoja - 2010-01-02

I've added push, and mail notifications but need some people to test it out. If your interested PM me, and I'll send u a copy.

Thanks!

- sPOiDar - 2010-01-03

A feature I meant to suggest - for email notifications, you could include the location service data, so it would work as a poor-man's phone locater Smile

- johoja - 2010-01-03

sPOiDar Wrote:A feature I meant to suggest - for email notifications, you could include the location service data, so it would work as a poor-man's phone locater Smile

Sounds like an interesting idea, how exactly would you want it to work? I.e) What would show up on xbmc.

- sPOiDar - 2010-01-03

johoja Wrote:Sounds like an interesting idea, how exactly would you want it to work? I.e) What would show up on xbmc.
Ahh, I may have misunderstood your email notifications - I thought you were delivering missed call notifications via email, but I see you're delivering incoming email notifications to XBMC. In that case, it doesn't make so much sense.

- johoja - 2010-01-03

sPOiDar Wrote:Ahh, I may have misunderstood your email notifications - I thought you were delivering missed call notifications via email, but I see you're delivering incoming email notifications to XBMC. In that case, it doesn't make so much sense.

Well it might be possible to say send yourself an email and depending on the email it can do something different ... i.e ) you email yourself or txt yourself something , with a command Notify-Cmd-Show-Location...and i could make it show the location or somethign similar like that ...not sure if people want it ...probably lower on my list right now.