Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- Rubeast - 2011-08-31

johoja Wrote:Email me the syslog please.

/var/log/syslog. And maybe a description of what you were doing when it crashed.

I have PM'd you my log file.
This does not happen all the time.

- isokrates - 2011-09-06

Chaps,

I'm having unending problems with Notify Pro (1.63, purchased) and my iPhone 4 (4.2.1). It quite simply does not work at all. I have tried XBMC, Growl, Snarl, and EventGhost (all on Windows Vista) - none of them registers that my iPhone is running Notify Pro. My connection details are all correct; I have checked and there is no port blocking on my firewall. I have no idea why it isn't working. I managed to get Growl to work once - by doing nothing on either my laptop or my iPhone for ten minutes - it gave me one notification about a text message, but then nothing else.

As such, the connection can obviously be made, but Notify Pro isn't notifying (either that, or XBMC, Growl, Snarl, and EventGhost are all failing to display notifications - I think I know which is more likely). There's no way of knowing whether the app is working or not - no 'connect' button and no status lights. I'm going out of my mind with this, because I know it should work, and I'm pretty sure I've set everything up correctly. I'd be really grateful for some advice from someone who has managed to get this to work.

Many thanks indeed,

Chris

- johoja - 2011-09-06

isokrates Wrote:Chaps,

I'm having unending problems with Notify Pro (1.63, purchased) and my iPhone 4 (4.2.1). It quite simply does not work at all. I have tried XBMC, Growl, Snarl, and EventGhost (all on Windows Vista) - none of them registers that my iPhone is running Notify Pro. My connection details are all correct; I have checked and there is no port blocking on my firewall. I have no idea why it isn't working. I managed to get Growl to work once - by doing nothing on either my laptop or my iPhone for ten minutes - it gave me one notification about a text message, but then nothing else.

As such, the connection can obviously be made, but Notify Pro isn't notifying (either that, or XBMC, Growl, Snarl, and EventGhost are all failing to display notifications - I think I know which is more likely). There's no way of knowing whether the app is working or not - no 'connect' button and no status lights. I'm going out of my mind with this, because I know it should work, and I'm pretty sure I've set everything up correctly. I'd be really grateful for some advice from someone who has managed to get this to work.

Many thanks indeed,

Chris

I've emailed you to send me the log file. I'll help you via email.

Problems getting to work - ClubPhotoBooth - 2011-09-12

I have had growl installed and been using it for a while.
have followed all the directions, and still can not get it working except through Noify.io, and I do not wish to use this method, as I can not use it on my work computers.

HELP! Thank you!
JoeBig Grin

- _Khai_ - 2011-09-29

hi there! i purchased Notify Pro from cydia but i cannot activate the app! What should i do? Undecided

- dareal68 - 2011-09-29

_Khai_ Wrote:hi there! i purchased Notify Pro from cydia but i cannot activate the app! What should i do? Undecided

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 3:47 PM, dareal68 <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi, I just download Notify Pro 1.65 and when I tap "Activate Me" button, I have an error saying it can't activate.
Thanks

Answer by Johoja:
Yeah, but it will still work, i.e) you won't get a popup saying you
need to activate after you re-spring eventhough it's not activated it
will function like you are.

- dareal68 - 2011-09-29

I found a great implementation of Growl on Github, go see it if you are running a Linux box! Growl for Linux

@johoja
It would be great if you can add a way to customize notifications texts with some constants (text that can be modified by users) and variables (phone number/callerID/text message for SMS or incoming calls,app name/description for Push, sender/preview for Mail.app) and an icon for each notification like the Phone.app icon for incoming calls, Mail.app icon for incoming mails, ...

I.e:
Title field: Incoming Call (constant defined by user)
Message field: %n is calling you, go grab your phone (variable and constant defined by user)
Icon field: path/to/icon

Title field: You receive a message from %n
Message field: %sms

Where %n is callerID and %sms is the entire text message, and other variable like %app for Push, etc

Also, can you add SMS URL (like Email URL) to use with WifiSMS

What do you think about that?

- johoja - 2011-09-29

_Khai_ Wrote:hi there! i purchased Notify Pro from cydia but i cannot activate the app! What should i do? Undecided

It should work even though the button says it did not activate.

1.66 will remove the button until the activation server is back up, just so people don't confused.

Sorry.

- dareal68 - 2011-09-30

dareal68 Wrote:I found a great implementation of Growl on Github, go see it if you are running a Linux box! Growl for Linux

Can someone help me to have this Growl for Linux to work with Notify Pro.
I know Growl works because I can send a GNTP notification (with gntp-send) and I see it on my desktop.
Please help Sad

- johoja - 2011-09-30

dareal68 Wrote:I found a great implementation of Growl on Github, go see it if you are running a Linux box! Growl for Linux

@johoja
It would be great if you can add a way to customize notifications texts with some constants (text that can be modified by users) and variables (phone number/callerID/text message for SMS or incoming calls,app name/description for Push, sender/preview for Mail.app) and an icon for each notification like the Phone.app icon for incoming calls, Mail.app icon for incoming mails, ...

I.e:
Title field: Incoming Call (constant defined by user)
Message field: %n is calling you, go grab your phone (variable and constant defined by user)

Title field: You receive a message from %n
Message field: %sms

Where %n is callerID and %sms is the entire text message, and other variable like %app for Push, etc

Also, can you add SMS URL (like Email URL) to use with WifiSMS

What do you think about that?

I will definitely look into these. I need to make NP ios5 compatible first. I know all the changes that need to be made so that's a good thing. Usually it's a lot of reverse engineering to figure out what apples done. But I've already done that part Smile.

- cloverfield - 2011-10-12

I can't get Notify Pro to work with the new Growl (1.3) from the Mac App Store. Is there something changes in preferences or ports?

Anybody can help?

- johoja - 2011-10-13

cloverfield Wrote:I can't get Notify Pro to work with the new Growl (1.3) from the Mac App Store. Is there something changes in preferences or ports?

Anybody can help?

Not to sure what's changed in 1.3 is there a change log somewhere ? Maybe they finally added support for GNTP.

- jadtec - 2011-10-15

my iphone has been crashing when i receive a MMS. When i disable Notify Pro it stops crashing. Does anybody know why this is happening? .. I'm on an iphone 4 - 4.3.5.

- CDNdevil - 2011-10-16

Anyone test with iOS 5 yet?

- johoja - 2011-10-16

CDNdevil Wrote:Anyone test with iOS 5 yet?

Not working yet, working on it. Will have a new version out soon, a day or two.