Kodi Community Forum
ISO Mounter - third-party software for auto Blu-ray ISO / IMG image mount on Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: ISO Mounter - third-party software for auto Blu-ray ISO / IMG image mount on Windows (/showthread.php?tid=65556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

bd.iso disappear from xbmc library - Jgtietney - 2011-07-10

I'm new to xbmc so bear with me on this. I've got everything working here, but with one problem. After I modify my file name sto be *.bd.iso they no longer appear in the "library" view of my videos. I can see them when looking at the files through xbmc, but when I turn on library mode and clean the database to update for new file names, the ones with the added bd will not appear.

Please check my bat and playercorefactory.xml file - getafix - 2011-07-11

After thinking I had everything working, I am battling to get XBMC/Windows to mount my ISO image.

Below are the two files.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
START "Total Media Theatre" /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\" /WAIT /MAX uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe F:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 /u

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\FOR_XBMC\BATCH_FILES\PlayISO.bat </filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Blu-rays -->
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="TMT5"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*bluray.*" player="TMT5"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

My test bluray iso is located here:

C:\users\gareth\my videos\Celine Dion A New Day\Celine_Dion.bluray.iso

If I open it in XBMC, I get a vcdmount error. I have also attached a pic of the message.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/WAZVgXJP9afNfiMgykmuInMpwHI6HY0uK7U23_SjA5U?feat=directlink

Any help would be appreciated.

I finally got it working - getafix - 2011-07-12

After many hours of persistant trying, I finally managed to get XBMC to play BR ISO via and external player. Big Grin

The solution for me was to place "" around the %1 in the PlayISO.bat file.

Nowhere that I looked did I see this and after many failed attempts to get my ISO to mount, I tried this and it worked.

My updated PlayISO.bat file now looks like this.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 "%1"
START "Total Media Theatre" /D"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\" /WAIT /MAX uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe f:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 /u

Hope this helps others out there.

Cheers
G

- Hagen - 2011-07-14

Jgtietney Wrote:I'm new to xbmc so bear with me on this. I've got everything working here, but with one problem. After I modify my file name sto be *.bd.iso they no longer appear in the "library" view of my videos. I can see them when looking at the files through xbmc, but when I turn on library mode and clean the database to update for new file names, the ones with the added bd will not appear.

is there a corresponding moviename.bd.nfo file?
Or perhaps a moviename.nfo?

All the files that has to do with the BD movie has to be renamed as well.

Aaaaaargh - getafix - 2011-07-14

My above "solution" works fine on local ISO's, but when I try and mount using the exact same .BAT file as above, I now get an error.

I connect wirelesly to if that makes makes any difference.

I am pulling the little hair that I have left.

Any ideas

- Hagen - 2011-07-14

getafix Wrote:My above "solution" works fine on local ISO's, but when I try and mount using the exact same .BAT file as above, I now get an error.

I connect wirelesly to if that makes makes any difference.

I am pulling the little hair that I have left.

Any ideas

Hmmm, is the remote location "Mounted/Mapped" as in a mapped network drive? or do you access it trough the path? No
I have no trouble with remote locations, but they are all mapped to a drive letter.

- getafix - 2011-07-14

OK, they are not mapped, just accessing them via SMB in XBMC.

BUT, I think that I have nailed it down.

What is the correct naming convention for VCDmount to work?

ie.

\\NAS\Movies\Celine Dion A New Day\Celine_Dion.bluray.iso DOES NOT WORK.

\\NAS\Movies\Celine\Celine.bluray.iso WORKS

So what is the maximum lenght you can have in a directory and/or file name?

Thanks

EDIT: OK, If I name my directoy as Celine_Dion_A_New_Day then the ISO mounts.

Pitty as I don't like this type of naming convention. Do you have an alternative?

- Angelscry - 2011-07-14

Some of you already thought to use Advanced Launcher to mount and unmount iso files using Daemon Tools Lite version ? That's actually how works for most of the game consoles emulators using CD images files with advanced launcher: http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7 Eek

- Hagen - 2011-07-14

getafix Wrote:EDIT: OK, If I name my directoy as Celine_Dion_A_New_Day then the ISO mounts.

Pitty as I don't like this type of naming convention. Do you have an alternative?
You have spaces in the folder. Needs quotes in the code.

- tola5 - 2011-07-15

I have a problem when I try to run af blu-ray movie from xbmc it go and mount my iso and start powerdvd but after 5 sec I got a message and it sid eject

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PowerDVD11.exe" /fullscreen f:

- getafix - 2011-07-15

Hagen Wrote:You have spaces in the folder. Needs quotes in the code.

OK, how would I do that in the batch file?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 "%1"

I have the %1 in quotes, is that not what you mean?

Thanks for the help.

- Petoria - 2011-07-25

anyone ever get the auto mount to work with netflix addon also? Mine has been running smoothly until I tried to get netflix addon to work for xbmc. I have the automount working right now, it's just I can't seem to find out where to put the following line in the playercore file
Code:
<rule name="html" filetypes="*.html" player="IE"

I've gotten netflix to work on xbmc but then automount for iso files do not work and when I try to play a mkv file, it pops up a window for me to download the file... Here's my playercore file (I'm not using the bat file method that some are using...dont' know how =/)
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <!-- These are compiled-in as re-ordering them would break scripts
    The following aliases may also be used:
      audiodefaultplayer, videodefaultplayer, videodefaultdvdplayer
    <player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
    <player name="DVDPlayer" /> placeholder for MPlayer
    <player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
   -->
    <player name="PowerDVD11" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ISO Mount ini.exe</filename>
    <args>-iso "{1}" -useIni "C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ISOMount.ini"</args>
        <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>     <forceontop>false</forceontop>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
            <hidecursor>false</hidecursor> </player>
     <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
        <filename>C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</filename>
    <args> "{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc><hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
        <warpcursor>none</warpcursor> </player>
    </players>

<rules action="prepend">
  <rule filetypes="iso" filename="*.iso" player="PowerDVD11" />
  </rules>

<rules name="system rules">

<rule name="rtv" protocols="rtv" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="hdhomerun/myth/rtmp/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|rtmp|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- dvdplayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
    <rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)"  player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
    <rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
      <rule name="flv/aacp/sdp" mimetypes="video/x-flv|video-flv|audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="DVDPlayer" />
      <rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
    </rule>

<!-- DVDs -->
    <rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
    <rule name="dvdfile" dvdfile="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
    <rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />

<!-- Only dvdplayer can handle these normally -->
    <rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to dvdplayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
    <rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="DVDPlayer" />    
    </rules>    
</playercorefactory>

- nicky22 - 2011-11-25

Thank you a lot for your help to create batch file and script.

Following your precise instrction, I created the 2 batch files and the file 'playercorefactory.xml' in my user folder.
I renamed the iso BD file into xxxxxx.BD-iso.
As player I have powerDVD11 instead of powerDVD10. My platform is windows 7 Enterprise that run on asus eeebox.

Unfortunately seems that something does run well.Sad
The context menu of XBMC shoes 'PowerDVD (BD)' and 'PowerDVD (BD.iso)' correctly... but if I try to play the BD.iso the powerdDVD11 doesn't start and XBMC seems to freeze. If I touch, by mouse, any buttons of XBMC, it closes.
After that I checked the drives and the xxxxxx.BD.iso file is mounted.

The batch files seem to run correctly. I tried to launch them individually and seem to work well.
To check the PlayBDiso.bat I changed the first line of bach file in the followin way:
E:\AVVENTURA_AZIONE
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 E:\FILMS\boulevard.BD.iso

Running the PlayBDiso.bat, the BD image is mounted, the powerDVD11 starts and I can play the movie. When I close powerDVD11 the BD image is correclty unmounted.

Could you kindly help me to understand what happens.

Thank you again for your help.

PS:
Sorry for my incorrect English

Horst Wrote:Hi,

slingshot27's methode works perfect for me (my configuration: Windows 7, PowerDVD 10, XBMC Dharma.)

I try to give you a more detailled description of what you have to do, to play Blu-ray discs and iso-files using PowerDVD:

1. Create a new folder on drive C:, name it 'For_XBMC', DON'T use whitespaces, use underlines instead!
You should now have a folder 'C:\For_XBMC'.

2. Use Notepad or any other text editor to create a batch file, that will be used to play Blu-ray discs using Power DVD. It should only contain this single line:

"C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe" /fullscreen e:

If the drive letter of your Blu-ray disc drive is not 'E:' and/or PowerDVD was installed into another directory, change the line above accordingly. Be sure to enclose the path in double quotes. Save the file into the previously created folder, name it 'PlayBD.bat'.
You should now have a file 'C:\For_XBMC\PlayBD.bat'.

3. Insert a Blue-ray or DVD into your optical drive, wait a few moments, if PowerDVD starts via windows autoplay, quit PowerDVD. Now double click the previously created PlayBD.bat. PowerDVD should start now, playing the BD/DVD. If yes, proceed to the next step, otherwise double check the path and driveletter in 'PlayBD.bat'.

4. Check which drive letter is assigned to Virtual CloneDrive. (You can do this by double clicking an *.iso-file in the Windows-Explorer.)

5. Use Notepad or any other text editor to create another batch file, that will be used to play Blu-ray iso-files using Power DVD. It should contain these three lines:

"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe" /fullscreen f:
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 /u

If the drive letter of Virtual CloneDrive is not 'F:' and/or PowerDVD was installed into another directory, change line 2 accordingly. If VirtualCloneDrive was installed into another directory, change the pathes in lines 1 and 3 accordingly. Be sure to enclose all pathes in double quotes.
Save the file into the previously created folder, name it 'PlayBDiso.bat'.
You should now have two files: 'C:\For_XBMC\PlayBD.bat' and 'C:\For_XBMC\PlayBDiso.bat'.

6. For testing purposes, reopen PlayBDiso.bat and replace the %1 (at the end of the first line) with the path to one of your Blu-ray iso-files, e. g. "C:\Movies\The Lord Of The Ring.iso".
Now the first line of PlayBDiso.bat should look similiar to

"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 "C:\Movies\The Lord Of The Ring.iso"

Leave lines 2 and 3 unchanged. Save the file into 'C:\For_XBMC\', name it 'Test.bat'. Double click 'Test.bat', the iso-file should now play in PowerDVD. If yes, congratulations, halfway there Wink. If no, double check all pathes and the use of double quotes.

7. Use Notepad or any other text editor to create or modify the 'playercorefactory.xml' in the userdata directory.
IMPORTANT!!! DONT'T modify the 'playercorefactory.xml' in the XBMC program directory (e. g. 'C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\playercorefactory.xml')!!!
You MUST create/modify the 'playercorefactory.xml' in your userdata directory (running Windows 7, this is 'C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata'), with <YOUR_USERNAME> being your user name Big Grin
It should contain these lines:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="PowerDVD (BD.iso)" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\For_XBMC\PlayBDiso.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
        </player>
        <player name="PowerDVD (BD)" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\For_XBMC\PlayBD.bat</filename>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Blu-rays -->
        <rule protocols="bd" player="PowerDVD (BD)"/>         
        <rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*BD.*" player="PowerDVD (BD.iso)"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Save it in the userdata directory (see above), name it 'playercorefactory.xml'.

8. For testing purposes, open 'playercorefactory.xml' with InternetExplorer. It should open in IE with syntax highlighting, without any error messages.

9. Rename your Blu-ray iso-files using the naming scheme <NAME_OF_THE_MOVIE>.BD.iso, e. g. 'The Lord Of The Ring.BD.iso'

10. Run XBMC, Blu-ray disc and iso-files should now automatically be played using PowerDVD. Additionally the 'pay with...' context menu should now contain the menu items 'PowerDVD (BD)' and 'PowerDVD (BD.iso)' which you can use to manually play an optical disc or iso-file using PowerDVD.

I hope this could help someone.

Greetings
Horst

XBMC and external BD player PowerDVD11 - nicky22 - 2011-11-25

Thank you Horst your to create batch file and script.

Following his precise instruction, I created the 2 batch files and the file 'playercorefactory.xml' in my user folder.
As player I have powerDVD11 instead of powerDVD10. My platform is windows 7 Enterprise that run on asus eeebox.

Unfortunately seems that something does run well.Sad
The context menu of XBMC shoes 'PowerDVD (BD)' and 'PowerDVD (BD.iso)' correctly... but if I try to play the BD.iso the powerdDVD11 doesn't start and XBMC seems to freeze. If I touch, by mouse, any buttons of XBMC, it closes.

The batch files seem to run correctly. I tried to launch them individually and seem to work well.
To check the PlayBDiso.bat I changed the first line of bach file in the followin way:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 E:\FILMS\boulevard.BD.iso

Running the PlayBDiso.bat, the BD image is mounted, the powerDVD11 starts and I can play the movie. When I close powerDVD11 the BD image is correclty unmounted.

PS:

XBMC with PowerDVD11 as external BD player - nicky22 - 2011-11-25

Thank you Horst your to create batch file and script.

Following his precise instruction, I created the 2 batch files and the file 'playercorefactory.xml' in my user folder.

Unfortunately seems that something does run well.

PS: