Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 Live CD / Live USB version (/showthread.php?tid=66388)

- Ronald Pagan - 2010-01-28

How do I gain access to the smb share on this install? When trying to access through windows it says I do not have permission.

- Methanoid - 2010-01-28

Ronald Pagan Wrote:How do I gain access to the smb share on this install? When trying to access through windows it says I do not have permission.

I use W7 and it works fine for me and has since v7 or v8. Have you made any mods at all? Are you browsing thru "Network"? Do you have your W7 PC in same Workgroup (ie "Workgroup") as XBMCLive?

- rensvind - 2010-01-28

Hi!

I tried to run the latest version from a usb stick (using unetbootin).
I get pass grub and I bit further but after that I just get the same message repeated over and over on the screen.

"/init: line1: /lib/udev/cdrom_id: not found"

As the error message says I have no cdrom in my htpc. But I have been able to run the standard xbmc live versions on usb stick before.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use this version from a usb stick?

- Ronald Pagan - 2010-01-28

Using XP. And yes I can see the server, just when I try to gain access it says permission denied. Never had this problem before, It's on a clean install.

- DoeBoye - 2010-01-28

Hi!

@rensvind:

I have successfully installed v9 and v10 on 2 different SDHD cards (Patriot and Core Micro) using 2 different USB sticks (OCZ Rallye and Sandisk Cruzer) with the .iso 'burned' using Unetbootin...

- Icefeldt - 2010-01-28

erhnam Wrote:- Launcher added: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/downloads/list

Huh

U sure?
Shouldn't it be under "Programs"?

Can't find it mate!

- jas722 - 2010-01-28

fozzieb Wrote:What TV are you using? it should detect the settings that you TV can handle.

Hmm well thats quite disappointing, I wonder why I'm having an issue. I have a Vizio 47 inch 1080P, can't recall the model # at the moment will have to update this post when I get home.

I have it connected through a Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver using HDMI. I will attempt to connect it right to the TV but would like to get the multi channel sound from the HDMI port.

Any suggestions would be welcomed

- rensvind - 2010-01-28

DoeBoye Wrote:Hi!

@rensvind:

I have successfully installed v9 and v10 on 2 different SDHD cards (Patriot and Core Micro) using 2 different USB sticks (OCZ Rallye and Sandisk Cruzer) with the .iso 'burned' using Unetbootin...

Oh I see.
But I am not trying to install xbmc to some other device, I only want to run it directly from my usb stick.

- rob_b - 2010-01-28

Does anyone know of a way to get other resolutions to show up under the video settings? My projector supports 1080p@50Hz, but I'd like to enable 1080@24 and 1080@60, but I do not see them as selections among a slew of other options.

Great job Ernham. I've just loaded v10 and it is really well put together. Thanks for all your hard efforts.

- DoeBoye - 2010-01-28

@rensvind: So you are using 2 usb sticks then? Image on one, and a second to receive the install and it is still breaking?

@rob_b: I had to add the following under the Section "Screen" in xorg.conf.:
Option "DynamicTwinView" "False"

NOTE: I'm just a newb, trying to figure this out too! Smile

DB.

- rob_b - 2010-01-28

DoeBoye Wrote:@rob_b: I had to add the following under the Section "Screen" in xorg.conf.:
Option "DynamicTwinView" "False"

DB.

Thanks for the tip. Seems easy enough, but do I need to manually add the resolutions and timings I'm looking for or does this setting just set it to auto recognize?

- Methanoid - 2010-01-28

Ronald Pagan Wrote:Using XP. And yes I can see the server, just when I try to gain access it says permission denied. Never had this problem before, It's on a clean install.

Is your User "xbmc" or did you try something else? This is rather strange as no-one else is having permissions errors. I'd strongly suggest you grab Putty and SSH into the box (ip address, username xbmc pass xbmc) and go look at /etc/samba/smb.conf - sounds like something wrong there.

Now if you can just work out how to change the machine name in Windows share when browsing the network I'd be happy :confused2:

- xbmcHerb - 2010-01-28

Hi again,

I got into SABnzbd and downloaded a file - totally fricking awesome!

Just solved my Transmission issue!

I still have no XBMC web GUI.

BTW - Would you guys recommend bumping up from 1GB to 2GB of RAM?

Any thoughts?

Herb

- DoeBoye - 2010-01-28

@rob b:

I've read people saying they needed to set all sorts of resolutions, but one fellow who seemed quite confident (Can't remember who exactly! I have spent hours and hours googling about my issues and have lost track of some sources Smile ), stated that was all that was needed to be done... Sure enough, I added the line, and my resolution options suddenly included 1920x1080@60hz.

One thing I came across was that the server wouldn't let me edit the file before changing the permissions. To do so, I pressed Ctrl-Alt-F1 in the XBMC interface, which took me to command line.

I then logged in under my user name I created during install (It will prompt you). Once logged in, I switched to the root user by typing: "sudo su root". Password was the same as initial login password.

Once logged in, I had to chmod the file from 755 to 777 ("chmod 777 xorg.conf" Note: this will only work if you are in the same directory as xorg.conf. Otherwise, you need to provide the whole path eg: /path/xorg.conf).

Once it was 777, I ftp'd it to my local machine, added the line of text (twin view etc), re uploaded it to the server, and chmod-ed it back to 755...

Smile

- ClayM - 2010-01-29

I simply added it to mine and restarted, and it defaults to @ 60hz for my system.