Kodi Community Forum
3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work? (/showthread.php?tid=66970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- StarChild - 2010-12-23

PM it is. Merry Christmas to you Smile

- StarChild - 2010-12-23

dagbro Wrote:how about those of us with polarized dual projector setups? It's really great, all you really need is two projectors, a metallized screen, polarizers and a pair of passive glasses that cost a buck each. (i got 15 pairs for $20 shipped.)
Thats interesting. Can you rotate the lens/filter 90° on a polarized projector to get the 3D effect?

- dagbro - 2010-12-24

i'm not sure i understand what you mean..

anyway, the light beam from each projector is polarized, either linearly and 90° apart, or circularly in clockwise for one eye and counter-clockwise for the other. then it's just a matter of matching the polarization to the glasses to filter away the "wrong" image. No electronic glasses, just one projector for each eye.

- Vultures - 2010-12-24

Don't you need silver screen for that?

- dagbro - 2010-12-24

yeah, like i said in my original post :p

- Vultures - 2010-12-24

Isn't this solution expensive, rare, and non-practical for home use?

- Vultures - 2010-12-24

Strange thing by the way. My Panasonic is regular shutter-glass 3DTV.
What is RealD logo doing on it?

- dagbro - 2010-12-24

well, in my case i already had a 2d home theater, so when the time(or, well, urge) came to replace my projector, i just kept the old one. Then i got the screen, filters and glasses.
it doesn't have to be more expensive than a current 3dtv, it all depends on the projectors you use.

and it's no less practical than a 2d home cinema. (software aside, or more specifically xbmc)
only thing is i have to roll down my white screen and turn off the second projector for watching 2d content. it's not as easy as hitting the 3d-button on the remote, but if you have a motorized screen it's close enough. :p

oh, Panasonic probably paid RealD a good bit of money to "certify" your TV, which could involve some incredibly high-tech testing... but most likely they just looked at it and said "well, it works" Big Grin

- simko_ba - 2010-12-25

Hi! Is there some source/web page, where I could search for an appropriate 3D projector (1080i), with the combination of polarized glasses - an affordable one...

Thanks for your suggestions

- ghansje - 2010-12-27

so i lost track sorry for asking:

but if i have a 3d capable videocard and tv with hdmi 1.4
And i have mounted an iso as an bluray drive will i be able to play the movie from xmbc with 3d? I mean checkboard 3d, not side by side.

I dont care about menu`s and things like that...

- Vultures - 2010-12-27

ghansje Wrote:but if i have a 3d capable videocard and tv with hdmi 1.4
And i have mounted an iso as an bluray drive will i be able to play the movie from XBMC with 3d? I mean checkboard 3d, not side by side.

No. At the moment you'll need an external app for that. Namely new versions Power DVD (didn't work for me) or Total Media Theatre. The app however can be called from XBMC using Launcher plugins.

- ghansje - 2010-12-27

Vultures Wrote:No. At the moment you'll need an external app for that. Namely new versions Power DVD (didn't work for me) or Total Media Theatre. The app however can be called from XBMC using Launcher plugins.

ok thanks.

- Mrkennedy - 2010-12-27

Sorry if this has already been posted but will the Acer Revo be able to handle 3D content?

- poofyhairguy - 2010-12-27

Mrkennedy Wrote:Sorry if this has already been posted but will the Acer Revo be able to handle 3D content?

Not true 3D content no. Its a scam. On the $900 ASrock can handle full 1080p 3D.

- poofyhairguy - 2010-12-27

Ok, under advice from a member of this forum I tried using my Samsung DVD player to play 3D half SBS movies and the quality is DRAMATICALLY better than Dharma XBMC. WAY less crosstalk and better colors.

In fact, it is so much better that I will declare XBMC (or at least FFMPEG) to be NOT 3D compatible.

I hate the Samsung's interface for playing mkvs, so I see a (fully 720p 3D compatible- even subtitles and menus) Boxee Box in my future.