Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- Batemann - 2010-08-11

Any ETA on that addon? :-)

- Abdiel - 2010-08-14

Compiled for windows and works beautifully, had a bit of trouble with different revisions of the svn source but with 32773 it finally worked. Also at first xbmc would load for a few seconds and then crash with error 32 which was easily fixed by creating a advancedsettings.xml file (stated to be not needed but this was what removed the crash).

- jansink - 2010-08-16

Abdiel Wrote:Compiled for windows and works beautifully, had a bit of trouble with different revisions of the svn source but with 32773 it finally worked. Also at first xbmc would load for a few seconds and then crash with error 32 which was easily fixed by creating a advancedsettings.xml file (stated to be not needed but this was what removed the crash).

Can you please help me, how do I compile it for mac? What to compile? :-)

- Abdiel - 2010-08-16

I really wouldnt know, I had great help from a friend without whom I wouldve never had gotten it to work in the first place. My knowledge of the mac-environment is also very lacky. But basically what we did was to follow the guide on how to build the svn source and injected the spotifylib and it just so happened to work after many hours of troubleshooting and trying different revisions. The actual practical howto and the technicalities is beyond my scope of knowledge.

- jansink - 2010-08-16

Abdiel Wrote:I really wouldnt know, I had great help from a friend without whom I wouldve never had gotten it to work in the first place. My knowledge of the mac-environment is also very lacky. But basically what we did was to follow the guide on how to build the svn source and injected the spotifylib and it just so happened to work after many hours of troubleshooting and trying different revisions. The actual practical howto and the technicalities is beyond my scope of knowledge.

Thanks for your reply!
Is there anyone else who's got it working on a mac?

- Abdiel - 2010-08-21

Ive got a bit of an issue, when I add an album from spotify to the library it sometimes does not add all the songs. One such example is the song Metal to the Metalheads on the album Sword and Sorcery by Majesty. It adds the first 7 tracks but leaves out the eigth, why does it do that?

- jaaahaaa - 2010-08-23

akezeke Wrote:@eXisTa

If you would die to have it working, I guess you will be glad to hear that it is working, I´m using it every day on both windows and Linux, all you have to do is compile it yourself with libspotify from http://developer.spotify.com/en/.

Until the addon is released that is the only way to do I´m afraid.

How!? Plz at least point me in the right direction of a readme or anything. Really don't know where to look. Don't anderstand how the compiling is done

- kadafi8 - 2010-08-26

jaaahaaa Wrote:How!? Plz at least point me in the right direction of a readme or anything. Really don't know where to look. Don't anderstand how the compiling is done

Agree! A how to guide would be nice!

- pettson3816 - 2010-08-26

Will this be available in the add-ons section of XBMC for direct download at some point?

- spiff - 2010-08-26

at some point; maybe. we certainly plan to offer the necessary extension points.

- abandonow - 2010-08-28

Really looking forward to this, keep up the good work! Smile

- >>X<< - 2010-08-28

Has anyone tried this with the Spotify Unlimited accounts they introduced I know it only use to work with Premium just wondered if anyone is using it with Unlimited ?

- TheRocker72 - 2010-09-06

Abdiel Wrote:I really wouldnt know, I had great help from a friend without whom I wouldve never had gotten it to work in the first place. My knowledge of the mac-environment is also very lacky. But basically what we did was to follow the guide on how to build the svn source and injected the spotifylib and it just so happened to work after many hours of troubleshooting and trying different revisions. The actual practical howto and the technicalities is beyond my scope of knowledge.

Can´t you please share the application-file? On mac you just need the application folder and it´s content.

I would do (almost) anything to get spotify to work with XBMC!

- danmedhurst - 2010-09-06

>>X<<' Wrote:Has anyone tried this with the Spotify Unlimited accounts they introduced I know it only use to work with Premium just wondered if anyone is using it with Unlimited ?

It doesn't work (well.. the Android Spotify app doesn't so i'm guessing this wont either)

I bought the unlimited without reading things properly thinking it was premium Sad

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-09-06

danmedhurst Wrote:It doesn't work (well.. the Android Spotify app doesn't so i'm guessing this wont either)

I bought the unlimited without reading things properly thinking it was premium Sad

Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure that means it wont work here as Android is probably classed as a mobile device which only work on Premium accounts