Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- Bendecks - 2011-10-21

doh, that sucks Sad

I'm an end user, so I can't really contribute much.

- bean_ian - 2011-10-21

I got this up and running on my xbmc live box last night, it is excellent.
One question though. Is there any possibility of integrating the spotify artists, albums & playlists into the API results? When i browse artists on the xbmc remote on my phone it only shows local artists and not the spotify ones.

- neoflex - 2011-10-21

Quote:Is there any possibility of integrating the spotify artists, albums & playlists into the API results?

As spotify albums IDs are strings while normal albums use a integer ID, it's not very easy.
For now, some of the JSON methods have been modified to take into account spotify albums, songs, etc but the JSON client has also to be modified to use them.
The default web interface works but is not really usable on an iPhone.
In the meanwhile, airplay can be a decent alternative Wink

- Varazir - 2011-10-22

Hmm no one knows if I should ignore the error msg or not ? see my post on page 61

I have narrow it down to xbmc/music/SpotyXBMC/track/SxTrack.h and #include <libspotify/api.h>
dose it check for the file relative to the .h file or from some start point ?

why is it so bloody hard to compile things. I follow the guide and nothing seams to work as it say.

Ops... I read the wrong readme file Tongue

- Rittsel - 2011-10-23

I'm getting this error when compiling:

Code:
/usr/local/include/libspotify/api.h: In member function âbool addon_music_spotify::Session::connect()â:
/usr/local/include/libspotify/api.h:582: error: too many arguments to function âvoid spotify::sp_session_login(spotify::sp_session*, const char*, const char*)â
spotyXBMC/session/Session.cpp:111: error: at this point in file

Using fresh git

- neoflex - 2011-10-23

Rittsel Wrote:I'm getting this error when compiling:

Code:
/usr/local/include/libspotify/api.h: In member function âbool addon_music_spotify::Session::connect()â:
/usr/local/include/libspotify/api.h:582: error: too many arguments to function âvoid spotify::sp_session_login(spotify::sp_session*, const char*, const char*)â
spotyXBMC/session/Session.cpp:111: error: at this point in file

Using fresh git

Your libspotify is probably outdated, are you sure that you installed the 9.1.32 version as explained in the readme?

- Rittsel - 2011-10-23

neoflex Wrote:Your libspotify is probably outdated, are you sure that you installed the 9.1.32 version as explained in the readme?

Thanks, i was using the bash-script posted on page 51, had old URL's for libspotify.

- akezeke - 2011-10-25

Varazir Wrote:Hmm no one knows if I should ignore the error msg or not ? see my post on page 61

I have narrow it down to xbmc/music/SpotyXBMC/track/SxTrack.h and #include <libspotify/api.h>
dose it check for the file relative to the .h file or from some start point ?

why is it so bloody hard to compile things. I follow the guide and nothing seams to work as it say.

Ops... I read the wrong readme file Tongue

Libspotify is not correct installed, try to install it with:
sudo make install prefix=/usr/local

or some other path that can be found by the compiler.

- Varazir - 2011-10-25

akezeke Wrote:Libspotify is not correct installed, try to install it with:
sudo make install prefix=/usr/local

or some other path that can be found by the compiler.

Thanks, I didn't see your readme, only the that came from xbmc.
Managed to compile it, haven't tested it that much yet

- Thorn321 - 2011-10-30

It looks like the current version has a serious problem if the spotifiy premium account is expired.
XBMC crashs instantly after startup.

Console output:
Code:
Error while logging in!
Needs premium account
Logged out callback!
Logged out session
get album
Segmentation Fault

- akezeke - 2011-11-08

Hi all,

I have updated spotyXBMC2 to make use of some new features in libspotify version 10.
  • Now I can do an artist browse without fetching any tracks and albums meaning that metadata such as biography and a portrait is always loaded (if they exists) upon entering a list of artists even if preloading of artists is disabled in the settings (if enabled the albums and tracks are preloaded just like before).
  • The radio has some new genres.
  • Volume normalization is now possible to enable from the settings (on by default).
  • And most important; speed, memory footprint and stability has improved.

The update means that the code is not compatible with libspotify versions lower than 10 so please update the libspotify if you are pulling the new changes!

Windows version is updated with correct lib directly from the repository as usual.

/David

- abandonow - 2011-11-09

I updated yesterday, and it crashes with segmentation fault. I tried to remove my .xbmc folder to check if that was the case, and now it launched. As soon as I enabled spotyxbmc2 and quit, and started again. It crashed.

Error log from crash just after enabled spotyxbmc:
http://pastebin.ca/2093422

- neoflex - 2011-11-09

thanks for the update David but I am facing the same problem as abandonow.

- abandonow - 2011-11-10

Btw. I run Ubuntu 11.10

- akezeke - 2011-11-10

@abandonow, @neoflex

Are you using the 32 bit version of ubuntu?

I tried again today with a fresh built on a ubuntu 11.10 x64 and a windows 7 x64 system and I cant reproduce the problems you encountered, it works fine, no crash.

neoflex did you get the same error as abandonow, failed to create session without an error message?